UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Conor McGregor's camp wants Brandao at UFC 168

8/20/13 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Per UFC Tonight

McGregor's knee issue was a minor LCL sprain, and Brandao did not break his hand as was thought after his fight with Pineda.

This fight would be awesome, great fight for both guys.

Conor says he doesn't care who his opponent is, but his camp wants Brandao.

After this fight, winner should get a top 10 opponent.
8/20/13 11:40 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is a good fight.  but eventually Conor needs to fight a wrestler like Lentz

8/20/13 11:41 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

that is a good fight.  but eventually Conor needs to fight a wrestler like Lentz

No way they risk Lentz this early Phone Post
8/20/13 11:54 PM
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

Ithink depending how he looks vs Brandao (who is a VERY good striker) will determine what then. If he wins convincingly, they need to give him a wrestler like Lentz or Guida, OR someone like Dustin Poirier or Erik Koch.

He needs to fight someone like Nik Lentz or Clay Guida eventually though, because he's not gonna beat someone like Chad Mendes or Ricardo Lamas if he can't beat Lentz or Guida.
8/21/13 12:01 AM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Aldo and the Korean Zombie are so basic.  I could beat them both." -McGregor

Proceeds to call out Diego Brandao.

8/21/13 12:07 AM
MagSlim

epwar -

Basic, lol. Somebody tweet him and ask him if they got the Porrier fight in Ireland. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 12:12 AM
YHTOMIT2001
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

He didn't call out Brandao Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 12:21 AM
MMALOGIC

epwar - 

lol

8/21/13 12:23 AM
MMALOGIC

John M - 
MMALOGIC - 

Ithink depending how he looks vs Brandao (who is a VERY good striker) will determine what then. If he wins convincingly, they need to give him a wrestler like Lentz or Guida, OR someone like Dustin Poirier or Erik Koch.

He needs to fight someone like Nik Lentz or Clay Guida eventually though, because he's not gonna beat someone like Chad Mendes or Ricardo Lamas if he can't beat Lentz or Guida.

not guida... heaven forbid.  I said wrestler not a blanket slash marathon runner.

8/21/13 12:28 AM
ausgepicht

YHTOMIT2001 - 
epwar -

epwar, it says right in the op which contained 5 short sentences: "Conor says he doesn't care who his opponent is, but his camp wants Brandao." You're slipping bro. Anyhow, would love to see Brandao get pounded on and sent packing. Hope this fight happens.
8/21/13 1:06 AM
aarick161

Brandao is legit. Don't sleep on him. I think this would be an awesome matchup with the winner jumping up to the next level. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 1:24 AM
SOO72

Diego gasses after 1 and gets smacked around to a KO. I can see why his camp wants that fight.
8/21/13 6:16 AM
Bootsy Collins
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - Step it up Conor!

Call out and fight Swanson!

All in good time
8/21/13 6:27 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aarick161 - Brandao is legit. Don't sleep on him. I think this would be an awesome matchup with the winner jumping up to the next level. Phone Post 3.0
Brandao is legit, in the first round. Afterwards the dude just gasses time after time. Now i do not really care if you put it down to his conditioning, his agressive all out style or a combination of both but he is just not the se fighter after the first.

He actually might need to move up a division ( even though he is kind of small for the division) because i am not sure the will really be able make the changes needed to stop the antropy after the first.

He is talented for sure. But logically you would have to give the advantage to Connor here.

And let the bring this kid along slowly. He has potential but isn't there yet at the moment. Why would you ruin thing by lettin him get blanketed by the the likes of Guida. Does nobody any good least of all us fight fans. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:29 AM
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

I don't know whether I just haven't paid enough attention in the past but, you have the sandiest vagina on here.
*waits for next epwar 'not going to watch' thread* Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:34 AM
Bobby Lupo
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandao is perfect Conor fodder. He's kind of a name, he'll bang and we wilts. Perfect opponent at this stage.

Lentz could be a worst case scenerio. I could see the UFC giving Conor the Florian treatment, where he only has to fight a wrestler for a #1 contender or title shot.

Porier and Koch play right into his style. He'd counter the fuck out of them in exciting, but McGregor dominated fights.

Siver would be fun too.

Conor will be on the Manchester card in October.
8/21/13 7:15 AM
ClockChokeOrange
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put McGregor in there with Darren Elkins or Nick Lentz, even Dennis Bermudez (FOTN there). Need to see how McGregor can handle higher level grapplers.
8/21/13 7:16 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him fight Siver

8/21/13 7:57 AM
Gilbosh
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McGregor has this all day long.

Remember McGregor does 300 rounds a week, Brandao gassed within 2 against pineda. Phone Post
8/21/13 9:40 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 08/21/13 9:54 AM

if Nick Lentz is too much of a risk, Then Conor needs to fight Dennis Bermudez.   We need to see how Conor will do against wrestlers.

8/21/13 9:48 AM
Chris27

epwar - 

He's had 2 UFC fights, even if he called them out do you think he gets them?  zombie gonna be out for a while and Aldo is the champ.

Brandao is a decent opponent for him, that would be a fun fight.

8/21/13 9:52 AM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/13 9:54 AM
YHTOMIT2001 - 
epwar -

Yeah, he had his camp do it so he wouldn't look so bad.  Calling out a guy who is good for one round?  Brave man, McGregor.

8/21/13 9:55 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SOO72 - Diego gasses after 1 and gets smacked around to a KO. I can see why his camp wants that fight.

This.
8/21/13 9:56 AM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

if Nick Lentz is too much of a risk, Then Conor needs to fight Dennis Bermudez.   We need to see how Conor will do against wrestlers.

I dont think they need to rush that yet, after another fight or two then he will have to fight a decent wrestler.

Honestly I think they would like to get that event in Ireland done with Connor on a winning streak in the UFC so he could be a big attraction for them there. 

I wouldnt be shocked if they went back to giving him the Ogle fight just to build him up and keep the hype rolling for a while. 

8/21/13 10:14 AM
Skeletor68
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aarick161 - Brandao is legit. Don't sleep on him. I think this would be an awesome matchup with the winner jumping up to the next level. Phone Post 3.0

+1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.