UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Billy Graham endorsing Chael Sonnen? Do not like.

8/21/13 11:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Loge
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all for fighters expressing their religious views in whatever manner they see fit but this whole thing of Chael teaming up with ultra right wing evangelist Billy Graham just doesn't sit well with me.

Up until this point Chael, despite being a Christian, has expressed his opinion that God should be left out of fighting. He even went as far to say that "Any God that cares about the winner of a barely legal cage fight on a Saturday night is no God that he wishes to believe in." I couldn't agree more with him. I just wonder what caused his sudden change of heart? Could it be that Graham's ministry is secretly sponsoring Chael and sending him large amounts of cash in hopes of capturing a younger, hipper generation or parishioners?

Where will this new trend end? A lot of other fighters seem to be imitating Chael's unique pre-fight antics in hopes of securing a bigger payday. Will his new partnership with Billy Graham result in other fighters seeking the endorsements of other spiritual leaders? Will Benson Henderson walk out to the cage with Ted Haggard? Will Jon Jones take Joel Osteen for a well publicized ride in his Bentley? Will Chris Weidman have Steven Spielberg in his corner for his first title defense? Where will this all end? Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:39 AM
Vader03
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:46 AM
The Loge
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for moving this to What If mods! Keep up the great work! Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 12:33 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, now I get it. You thought this was that evangelical fucker. It's not. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_(wrestler)

8/21/13 1:25 PM
The Loge

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -

Oh, now I get it. You thought this was that evangelical fucker. It's not. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_(wrestler)

Oh.... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.