UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN KIRIK: Cyberbullying on the UG

8/21/13 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team GDP
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite part of this thread was when op said "not Chris" lol Phone Post
8/21/13 3:55 PM
6ULDV8
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you imagine being bullied by the Internet?

That's like being bullied by your television or your toaster.

These things have a power switch you know.

OHHHH, Don't say anything mean to me!  You'll run me off!

I mean seriously, WTF?

8/21/13 3:58 PM
liukangstoupee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frob,

It's just the UG's way of telling you to take a vacation.
8/21/13 4:07 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Alpha Snail - Clearly isn't a hot topic across the pond, knew OP was a Brit before I saw his UKTT posting about this. I think this forums pretty relaxed anyway so its not an issue on here plus the mods keep a good eye out. Jimmy getting rustled is pretty harmless. To be fair to OP though its a hot topic in the UK as a few teenagers have recently killed themselves because of messages they've received on Facebook or similar sites. Phone Post 3.0

Those kids' parents need to be taught how to raise children better then. If cyber bullying drives you to suicide, you're either mentally ill, or were raised to be a pussy.

8/21/13 4:13 PM
InTheWeedz

Frobenius - This has been a big thing in the press recently, how to stop cyberbullying. I think the UG should be pro-active about this rather than waiting for an incident to hit the news.

Now, in the last week I think I have been frozen 5 or 6 times. Look through my posts - some (at times) controversial opinions to be sure, but nothing that breaks the TOS. Sometimes, I will be unfrozen only to make one post and instantly find myself frozen again! Now this doesn't bother me, but I worry about the effect it might have on a more vulnerable person. That sort of abuse could push them over the edge.

The UG needs a REPORT ABUSE button, and it needs it yesterday. It needs to have someone (not Chris) looking into the reports in REAL TIME and banning people as appropriate. No one should be subjected to the kind of abuse and vitriol that spews from certain posters on this site.

What do you think UG?

#UKTT#OFTENIMITATED#NEVERDUPLICATED#HATERSGOHOME
Kirik,and all the guys give a shit. Send them a PM instead of subjecting yourself to possibly another freeze...

Unless... this is... a work.
Then good jib.. Phone Post
8/21/13 4:13 PM
ChaosOverkill
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Jimmy Rustler - 

Signed.

Lol at you voting up this account with your alternates. Cole Conrad fucking retired brough

i voted him up twice as well so its not just his 'alternate' accounts

OK alternate jimmy. Coles still retired
8/21/13 4:15 PM
Rudi

HandyDarsh -
Rudi -  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS CYBER BULLYING? LIKE TURN THE COMPUTER OFF, GO OUTSIDE. HAHAHAHA Phone Post

You must be on odd future fan

I am! Lol but i had no idea he tweeted something like that. Phone Post
8/21/13 4:38 PM
mma trane
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the ug just needs to stop being on their period so much. Makes them more sensitive. Or just dont ug while on your cycle. Idk what would i know.
8/21/13 4:41 PM
mma trane
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Signed.

You spelled retired wrong. Phone Post

Oh and LMAO
8/21/13 4:43 PM
RicGillespie
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius - This has been a big thing in the press recently, how to stop cyberbullying. I think the UG should be pro-active about this rather than waiting for an incident to hit the news.

Now, in the last week I think I have been frozen 5 or 6 times. Look through my posts - some (at times) controversial opinions to be sure, but nothing that breaks the TOS. Sometimes, I will be unfrozen only to make one post and instantly find myself frozen again! Now this doesn't bother me, but I worry about the effect it might have on a more vulnerable person. That sort of abuse could push them over the edge.

The UG needs a REPORT ABUSE button, and it needs it yesterday. It needs to have someone (not Chris) looking into the reports in REAL TIME and banning people as appropriate. No one should be subjected to the kind of abuse and vitriol that spews from certain posters on this site.

What do you think UG?

#UKTT#OFTENIMITATED#NEVERDUPLICATED#HATERSGOHOME

Frozen on a message board for being a troll = cyber bullying?? QQ some more dude.
8/21/13 4:45 PM
Paramount Donkey
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol you got frozen because youre a troll and you know it.

Now youre just being a crybaby Phone Post
8/21/13 4:47 PM
44 Magnum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him bang bro
8/21/13 4:52 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When i get voted down for no reason, I just imagine punching the perp in the face, and then doing donuts on their lawn in my car.

it puts my at peace with the situation. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 4:58 PM
Rhythmprince

Frobenious got vds alot first when he was saying Bisping never.got knocked down lol. He was so defensive and deserved what he got.

On the other hand, grow a pair, its an internet forum Phone Post
8/21/13 5:03 PM
liukangstoupee

Rhythmprince -  Frobenious got vds alot first when he was saying Bisping never.got knocked down lol. He was so defensive and deserved what he got.

On the other hand, grow a pair, its an internet forum Phone Post

He gets a ton of vote downs every time he posts. I dunno when the UG removed the displays on the negatives, but he was well under 600, that is also when the UKTT had more active members.

He must be well in the negative 4 digits now.
8/21/13 5:03 PM
Let me bang bro

44 Magnum - Let him bang bro

this
8/21/13 5:07 PM
Let me bang bro

need to redisplay negative votes son. where you at with this chris? it was fun
8/21/13 5:08 PM
Letibleu
1477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For cyber bullying to actually be effective it has to be laced with real life people we know. Cyber bullying is the effective exchange of information and rumors in such a way that the victim can see as it happens. Usually involves partial truths (pictures, sex videos, secrets) and are expanded upon.

On the UG a certain level of anonymity should be maintained. Of course after a while one can feel comfortable enough to share information and develop relationships further.

The UG is not a daycare, not selfhelp.org. If you know you have no backbone or are very easily intimidated, take extra care not to reveal anything about yourself that could be compromising. If you want to voice and flaunt a point of view in another users face, don't act surprised if you generate a reaction.

If you give it you better be able to take it also.

That being said, I think in general the mods do a decent job of moderating. The ToS does frame the forums imo enough to keep 95% of situations from getting out of control. If anything gets out of hand they are always there to listen and help if ever you lack the social iGrace to handle it yourself.
8/21/13 5:12 PM
time traveling 12er
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow - OP eats creamsicles anally Phone Post 3.0

Would explain why so much shit comes out of his mouth.
8/21/13 5:16 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - The only thing worse than people abusing the voting system is people who cry about being voted down. VTFD.
This. Vote downs are just vote downs, i got voted down 4 times since Saturday, but i have yet to search for a Report button or therapy. Vote downs or "cyberbullies" dont break into your home and demand your wife to grill a steak. Thats for Chael Sonnen to do. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:18 PM
Team Alpha Snail
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap -
Team Alpha Snail - Clearly isn't a hot topic across the pond, knew OP was a Brit before I saw his UKTT posting about this. I think this forums pretty relaxed anyway so its not an issue on here plus the mods keep a good eye out. Jimmy getting rustled is pretty harmless. To be fair to OP though its a hot topic in the UK as a few teenagers have recently killed themselves because of messages they've received on Facebook or similar sites. Phone Post 3.0

Those kids' parents need to be taught how to raise children better then. If cyber bullying drives you to suicide, you're either mentally ill, or were raised to be a pussy.

Yeah don't get me wrong something can't have been right, I mean no parent will ever know 100% what's going on with their kid but a good parent will have a pretty good idea. The fact reporting on mainstream social media is not that promoted is being used as a scapegoat with these stories. I was just making the point that its national news over here hence the reason for OP's post even if the UG will never need a report button and Kirik and the gang have got it under control. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:21 PM
Team Alpha Snail
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -
Steve4192 - The only thing worse than people abusing the voting system is people who cry about being voted down. VTFD.
This. Vote downs are just vote downs, i got voted down 4 times since Saturday, but i have yet to search for a Report button or therapy. Vote downs or "cyberbullies" dont break into your home and demand your wife to grill a steak. Thats for Chael Sonnen to do. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:27 PM
Let me bang bro

if you cain't stand the heat gtfo the kitchen boy
8/21/13 5:36 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Jimmy Rustler - 

Signed.

LOL

8/21/13 5:44 PM
CGJiuJitsu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is OP frozen yet? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.