UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA UFC - Gameplay (Pre-Alpha) Reveal

8/21/13 2:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diazed And Confused
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BEEP
8/21/13 4:14 PM
Diazed And Confused
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 4:59 PM
tom_hkr
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:10 PM
FanToFighter
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorFalconPunch - I remember when all the UFC fanboys hated on EA sports because Dana said so. EA Sports MMA was fucking 100 times better then any UFC Undisputed game.

EA is going to make this game unreal..pretty much improving what EA sports MMA did..amazing game
I didn't like the game. Ironic situation with Dana and EA though Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:23 PM
Brock Lobster
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ea MMA was TERRIBLE. Worst ground game EVER! I loved undisputed. Played that online all the time. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:02 PM
plastekt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All three of the first games were great, but the second two were such minor improvements for a brand that wasn't established as the FIFAs and NBA2ks of the world that it was hard not to feel screwed over. Enjoyable though. I loved the fact that I went through entire tournaments on the hardest difficulty wrecking people with set up moves and Chuck's overhand or Machida's straight and then flurry. There was something so fucking satisfying about playing against the computer and trying to actually mimic your fighter's style. And online play yelling like a maniac as your friend submits someone online using Houston Alexander or you use Dan Severn to beat the shit out of Brock Lesnar with that toss into side control in under a minute or knocking someone out with Carwin from the half clinch

I hope it works out but I'm cautiously optimistic.
8/21/13 6:08 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked them both for different reasons to be honest neither of the games sucked Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:10 PM
InTheWeedz

EA was definitely 10 times better than the UFC game.. more fluent.. the standup game was more organic, and the overall submission system was better.. I hope they kept the EXACT same engine..

I heard it will be on the new platforms though.. gonna have to cop the new XBox product to get this thing?

8/21/13 6:22 PM
1haffnegr0
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InTheWeedz -

EA was definitely 10 times better than the UFC game.. more fluent.. the standup game was more organic, and the overall submission system was better.. I hope they kept the EXACT same engine..

I heard it will be on the new platforms though.. gonna have to cop the new XBox product to get this thing?

A lot of titles that Microsoft is announcing have a 360 release planned as well. It's a little early in the console's life cycle to start alienating gamers that don't have the new hardware. Not sure how fluently the new software engines will run on the old hardware though... Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:24 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought Undisputed for the XBOX and wasnt thrilled with it. I skipped EA MMA though. This however, looks awesome already. I'll definitely be picking it up unless it totally goes to shit and is a shit game but that looks unlikely at this point.
8/21/13 6:27 PM
InTheWeedz

this game looks INSANE... only thing, they probably allow every fighter to jump off the cage with strikes..

this attack should only be accessible to fighters that have actually used that technique.. i never saw Jon Jones do it... so for now..

Anthony Pettis & Jose Aldo.

8/21/13 6:39 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InTheWeedz - 

this game looks INSANE... only thing, they probably allow every fighter to jump off the cage with strikes..

this attack should only be accessible to fighters that have actually used that technique.. i never saw Jon Jones do it... so for now..

Why should techniques only be limited to those who have used it before? If some guy came into the UFC and had 3 stand up wars, should he not be able to take a guy down in the game as well?
8/21/13 6:47 PM
plastekt

Kings21 - 
InTheWeedz - 

Why should techniques only be limited to those who have used it before? If some guy came into the UFC and had 3 stand up wars, should he not be able to take a guy down in the game as well?

Because it's going for a realism factor of some variety. There's probably an attribute for creative striking and most of the more unique fighters will have a few moves that only they can pull off or maybe a few others. Do you really think it's appropriate for a sim game to have Grey Maynard unleash an au batido?
8/21/13 6:48 PM
MahatmaPetey
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InTheWeedz - 

And Alan Belcher.

8/21/13 6:51 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 08/21/13 6:52 PM

If there is any need for more MOTION CAPTURE Actors that Actually know all the complex MMA moves please contact me DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com based in LA, MoCap on Real Steel and Metal Gear etc. Vids at http://www.TheCombatSystem.com

Will Mutante and Ryan Bader's special Arm Through Guillotines be in the game?

8/21/13 6:53 PM
Kings21

plastekt - 
Kings21 - 
InTheWeedz - 

Because it's going for a realism factor of some variety. There's probably an attribute for creative striking and most of the more unique fighters will have a few moves that only they can pull off or maybe a few others. Do you really think it's appropriate for a sim game to have Grey Maynard unleash an au batido?

I see what you're saying and I agree to a point. No I dont think Maynard should be able to unleash an au batido (had to look that shit up myself to be honest though). But a superman punch off the cage isnt all that wild. The showtime kick, I guess I wouldnt like it if everyone could to it, but thats a bit more special than just pushing off the cage. I guess I just looked at is more of a normal move now that we've seen a few people do it in fights now. Just like the front kick that KO'd Randy and Vitor, and now Reem.
8/21/13 6:55 PM
Diazed And Confused

Roy Nelson VIA Showtime Kick Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 6:55 PM
Kings21

Though I guess in a way it would be pretty cool if a fighter could unlock that in real life. Like if Nate Diaz suddenly superman punched off the cage then it would unlock in the game. That would kind of fun to see guys try to unlock games for their characters in the game.
8/21/13 7:09 PM
Lex_o

Just hope they don't fuck if up like basketball. Blew everyone else away visually but was biggest piece of shitt to play. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 7:14 PM
2Fort
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, you can see the fucking veins popping out of gustafsson's neck when he's going for the guillotine. Fucking technology these days...
8/21/13 7:24 PM
SaviorSelf12
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorFalconPunch - I remember when all the UFC fanboys hated on EA sports because Dana said so. EA Sports MMA was fucking 100 times better then any UFC Undisputed game.

EA is going to make this game unreal..pretty much improving what EA sports MMA did..amazing game
Ea mma was not better, hate to break it to you. The graphics were better but not the gameplay. Fighters looked like they were on ice skates. This UFC game should be better then both. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:58 PM
Diazed And Confused

TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 3:34 AM
Johnny Tightlips

. Phone Post
8/22/13 5:17 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Gonna be shit, mark my words. EA fuck everything they touch that isn't called Madden and FIFA, even then those never improve

Who told the creative director to dress like Dana? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.