UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Last major investment since Brock that worked out?

8/21/13 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are big contract fighters that the UFC has signed since Brock that were successful?

Shields? Lombard? Akiyama(assuming he was expensive)? Overeem? Ha

Are there any?

Hendo's Rua fight makes up for two stinkers. Phone Post
8/21/13 7:48 PM
44 Magnum
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/13 7:52 PM
I can't think of one recently who had the UFC marketing push. Many lower level guys have been delivering big, so I guess that makes up for it. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm sure it is still a win for the UFC, without seeing the exact numbers it is hard to tell. If $ in exceeds $ out with a fighter, the UFC wins.
8/21/13 7:50 PM
Willin
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(Hint to Dana: Don't offer Askren much, trust us on this one...) Phone Post
8/21/13 7:50 PM
TheBearStare
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it all started with bas rutten
j/k
8/21/13 7:54 PM
RicGillespie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -  What are big contract fighters that the UFC has signed since Brock that were successful?

Shields? Lombard? Akiyama(assuming he was expensive)? Overeem? Ha

Are there any?

Hendo's Rua fight makes up for two stinkers. Phone Post

How would you even qualify if someone they sign is successful or not? Just by their win/loss record? Seems pretty short sighted. I bet Akiyama gave the UFC a ton of great publicity in his home land, Overreem and Lombard as well. No doubt Zuffa measures success on a completely different scale then what you're capable of conceiving, hence they are still employed by the company.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.