UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: P*ssed off Silva will be easier to beat

8/21/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chris Weidman shocked the world when he knocked out Anderson Silva at UFC 162, but knows he has a difficult task ahead of him in the rematch. Weidman recently spoke to MMAJunkie about his outlook on the rematch and if Silva's mindset isn't correct, how he can take advantage of it:

"People say that he's going to get pissed off, and it's going to be this whole new Anderson Silva – it's going to be easier," Weidman said. "I'm very happy with the situation, and it's exactly where I thought I was going to be, and it's time to prove myself again on (Dec.) 28, so I'm excited."

From where money is being plunked down online, he's still considered to be a risky bet. Weidman might not by the longshot he was a little more than a month ago, when he was nearly a 2-to-1 underdog, yet he's still not favored heading into the second bout.  

Weidman thinks that will change, however. 

"That's why it makes for a perfect rematch, because so many people just can't believe [Silva] really lost, and he was trying," he said. "They figure that's how he fights in every one of his fights, and it works in every one. I was just able to capitalize on it. People just can't believe – that he could lose two fights in a row."

read entire article...

8/21/13 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/13 10:16 PM
Silva is also an old man now. MMA fans think prime is later but thats only because of low numbers of fighters total. Nobody stays young forever, and if he comes out angry he's going to get KOed even faster. We'll see what his reflexes are like but those are the first to go for a mid 30s man.
8/21/13 10:35 PM
Barbalos

GSP24 - Weidman's getting knocked out.

Lightning doesn't strike twice.

Anderson has something for him in the rematch. Phone Post 3.0

He's 38. How long do you think he is going to last? Til he is 50? Better get the TRT started now then.
8/21/13 10:37 PM
MMALOGIC

I hate to say it but the best strategy for Anderson may be point fighting.  Get on your bike and take pot shots.  Bring Rory Macdonald into your camp if you have to.

Anderson was landing good leg kicks in the first fight.  If he just kept doing that he may have won.

8/21/13 10:39 PM
Willin
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman allowed Silva to punch him in the head and then mocked him. When Silva tried to do the same Weidman brutally knocked him out.

Silva undoubtedly has nightmares about that and so should his knob-gobbling fans. Phone Post
8/21/13 10:39 PM
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 10:41 PM
Hocky Balboa
8422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pissed off Silva should train wrestling with Broke Fitch. Phone Post
8/21/13 10:42 PM
RONINXOM
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
Same. Will be a huge PPV event. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 10:56 PM
MMALOGIC

^ Firas Zahabi can surgically remove his killer instinct.

8/21/13 10:56 PM
Barbalos

Silverback Gorilla Monsoon - 
MMALOGIC -

I hate to say it but the best strategy for Anderson may be point fighting.  Get on your bike and take pot shots.  Bring Rory Macdonald into your camp if you have to.

Anderson was landing good leg kicks in the first fight.  If he just kept doing that he may have won.

He could get the W that way but that's not Anderson's game. He's either gonna destroy Weidman or he's gonna lose in similar fashion. He's toyed with guys (Maia) but he has never point-fought. It he goes out it'll be on his shield. Love him or hate him he (typically) comes to put on a show. I think the rematch has potential to be one of the greatest fights of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Put on a show? You mean like against Leites? Or Maia? Lol. Such short memories...
8/21/13 11:03 PM
horsemeat grew my head
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - Pissed off Silva should train wrestling with Broke Fitch. Phone Post
And polish his Jiu Jitsu with motivated Penn, or just KO him in the first like he did to TRT Vitor. Phone Post
8/21/13 11:05 PM
Ip Man 81

Come on now, he caught Silva while he was goofing off, still give you props, but that doesn't change the fact that you caught Anderson while he was fucking with you, playing with you like you were a child. He took him down, he had a FAILED sub attempt, then some failed TDs, Anderson got COCKY, played with him, and he clipped him while he was goofing off. What did he do while he wasn't goofing off? Start to gas? Shoot in with a few sloppy TDs?
There will not be an angry Anderson, you will see a FOCUSED Anderson Silva, you will see a "I'm not fucking around this time Silva". Much like the Franklin, Hendo, Vitor fights. After Weidman gets his one or two TDs, Silva will see him start to gas, and then will tear Chris apart.

Chris is the future of the division, he's an animal, just not quite yet. Anderson gets that belt back for sure Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:06 PM
Barbalos

Silva is an old man, let go. Unless he gets on TRT right now he is going to look like an old man in the rematch. Get real. 38 is not 27.
8/21/13 11:13 PM
ausgepicht

He's right. Call me crazy, but the only Anderson Silva that can beat Weidman is the relaxed Andy that annhilated everyone else. It caught up with him here because he went to far with it. The solution isn't to overcompenstae, but return to the center....what brought him to greatness.

8/21/13 11:13 PM
i_shogun_ruas

Ip Man 81 - Come on now, he caught Silva while he was goofing off, still give you props, but that doesn't change the fact that you caught Anderson while he was fucking with you, playing with you like you were a child. He took him down, he had a FAILED sub attempt, then some failed TDs, Anderson got COCKY, played with him, and he clipped him while he was goofing off. What did he do while he wasn't goofing off? Start to gas? Shoot in with a few sloppy TDs?
There will not be an angry Anderson, you will see a FOCUSED Anderson Silva, you will see a "I'm not fucking around this time Silva". Much like the Franklin, Hendo, Vitor fights. After Weidman gets his one or two TDs, Silva will see him start to gas, and then will tear Chris apart.

Chris is the future of the division, he's an animal, just not quite yet. Anderson gets that belt back for sure Phone Post 3.0
Agree with everything except the part about Chris being the future of the division. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:14 PM
epwar
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Given everything he said leading up to the first fight, it is clear Anderson doesn't want to be in that position anymore.  I'm sure he'll collect the money the UFC threw at him and let Weidman win by sub this time.

8/21/13 11:20 PM
horsemeat grew my head
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i_shogun_ruas -
Ip Man 81 - Come on now, he caught Silva while he was goofing off, still give you props, but that doesn't change the fact that you caught Anderson while he was fucking with you, playing with you like you were a child. He took him down, he had a FAILED sub attempt, then some failed TDs, Anderson got COCKY, played with him, and he clipped him while he was goofing off. What did he do while he wasn't goofing off? Start to gas? Shoot in with a few sloppy TDs?

Agree with everything except the part about Chris being the future of the division. Phone Post 3.0
Then both of you are fucking delusional, because Anderson got dominated in the first rd, visibly upset and rattled about it in his corner, and then got KTFO'd while he was trying to get in Weidman's head hoping he might slow down and mentally bow to him like most of his opponents. Phone Post
8/21/13 11:23 PM
ausgepicht

horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

Then both of you are fucking delusional, because Anderson got dominated in the first rd, visibly upset and rattled about it in his corner, and then got KTFO'd while he was trying to get in Weidman's head hoping he might slow down and mentally bow to him like most of his opponents. Phone Post

EXACTLY what happened.

8/21/13 11:24 PM
ausgepicht

DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

So rattled he immediately stuffed Weidman's takedown attempt.

And what immediately happened after that? So rattled that he got KOed.

Or did you forget that part?

8/21/13 11:26 PM
CaptainWoody
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - Silva is an old man, let go. Unless he gets on TRT right now he is going to look like an old man in the rematch. Get real. 38 is not 27.

Yeah old men can't do shit and always lose to the young guys.

Like Randy, Hendo, Vitor, Roy Nelson, Big Nog, Hunt....

What's funny is the guy you are saying that about is arguably better than all those guys.

Anderson will wreck Chris in the rematch, like devastatingly destroy him. He won't play, he will go out and Chris Leben him.

And I like Weidman, he is the future and will be on top again someday..he is not Anderson Silva though I'm sorry
8/21/13 11:30 PM
ausgepicht

DanGold - 
ausgepicht - 
DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

Yeah he was scared so he decided to drop his hands and rock around like an idiot. It was an arrogant tactic, not a scared one.

Do you own a dictionary? Look up scared and look up rattled. They aren't synonyms.

: to upset especially to the point of loss of poise and composure : disturb

We can't debate with you if you don't have a basic understanding of English.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rattle

8/21/13 11:31 PM
Ip Man 81

ausgepicht -
DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

Lol Andy was faking he was hurt just before he got clipping. He got caught goofing off, BOTTOM LINE. The belt was handed to Weidman on a silver platter. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:51 PM
ausgepicht

Ip Man 81 - 
ausgepicht -
DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

Lol Andy was faking he was hurt just before he got clipping. He got caught goofing off, BOTTOM LINE. The belt was handed to Weidman on a silver platter. Phone Post 3.0

Well, then you know nothing about MMA as your time stamp indicates. To wipe away the years of training that brought Weidman to that point, and the hours he spent with that SPECIFIC combo that finished Silva is to out yourself as three things: a hater, a noob, and disrespectful.

BOTTOM LINE.

8/21/13 11:57 PM
Ip Man 81

ausgepicht -
Ip Man 81 - 
ausgepicht -
DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

Well, then you know nothing about MMA as your time stamp indicates. To wipe away the years of training that brought Weidman to that point, and the hours he spent with that SPECIFIC combo that finished Silva is to out yourself as three things: a hater, a noob, and disrespectful.

BOTTOM LINE.

Not a hater, not a noob, disrespectful....hmmm maybe a little. Ill admit it. Do I care? No, I like Weidman, no matter what you or I say, facts are facts, Weidman was slowing down, Andy was stopping the takedowns, Chris swung at air a few times, Silva saw an opportunity to embarrass Weidman, went too far, got caught when he could have finished Chris. Nothing you say can change that. How someone can watch the fight and not see that makes no sense, even coming from a big bad 01'er. We have seen Silva put many opponents in that position, he went too far this time. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:57 PM
horsemeat grew my head

ausgepicht -
Ip Man 81 - 
ausgepicht -
DanGold - 
horsemeat grew my head - 
i_shogun_ruas -

BOTTOM LINE.

Thanks for living in reality. These guys floor me. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.