UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rebney: Tito, 'Page belong on MMA's Mt. Rushmore

8/22/13 5:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Bellator MMA head Bjorn Rebney was recently interviewed by FOX News Latino, and touched on several controversial subjects, including the Ortiz vs. Rampage fight, and the relationship with Eddie Alvarez.

On the significance of Tito vs. Rampage:

“On the Mt. Rushmore of Mixed Martial Arts, Tito Ortiz and Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson are two of the four heads carved out of stone. It was a fight for years that I looked and I thought ‘why doesn’t the UFC have Rampage fight Tito?’”

On whether the relationship with Eddie Alvarez is better:

“Look… what I would say is he’s an incredibly talented fighter and we’ve got an incredibly meaningful fight that has huge significance to it coming up November 2.  And I think that’s really what matters.”

On Ariel Helwani's tweet that "last week, a solid source told me the deal was if Alvarez lost, he can walk away. If he won, he has to do the trilogy."

“As it was a settlement, we’ve kept the terms confidential. So I can’t comment on it ... And if it is anything close to what the first one was we may do another one. There’s nothing wrong with trilogies in the fight business.”

Read entire article...

So UG, what four heads are on your Mt. Rushmore of MMA?

8/22/13 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Release the hounds!
8/22/13 5:16 PM
Libero21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at the gsp and belcher ones Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:17 PM
FanToFighter
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mt. Rushmore couldn't handle Tito's fuckin huge head. It would be Rampage and three spots filled by Tito. Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:22 PM
the islander
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito,Royce,Fedor,Anderson

8/22/13 5:25 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor
Anderson
Penn
Randy Phone Post
8/22/13 5:26 PM
Kirik
1632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Royce, Saku, Fedor, Anderson

8/22/13 5:27 PM
Feelz Good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito, yeah that might be true. He'd at least be in top 10 considered for it. Rampage? Are you serious? Not even close, here's how it goes down...

Royce
Sakuraba
Fedor
Anderson Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:27 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito yes, rampage no Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:28 PM
Feelz Good

Kirik -

I'd just like to point out that we posted the same list seconds apart. That's fuckin funny and well...I guess you are cool. Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:28 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce, Tito, chuck, fedor Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:29 PM
McNutt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor Anderson GSP Bj Penn. Word. Phone Post
8/22/13 5:35 PM
Tolstolobic

Love the way it starts..like serious stuff but after few pictures u van see op drop the quality a bit. I lold long and hard . Thank you OP Phone Post
8/22/13 5:53 PM
Ozzimandias
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL!!!!  I saw the first pic and was like cool and then it got so ridiculous

8/22/13 5:57 PM
RickStorm
1630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Royce

Fedor

Anderson

Liddell

IMO

8/22/13 6:21 PM
PorkBelly
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce
Sakuraba
Randy
Fedor Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 6:25 PM
Mhorad
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feelz Good - 
Kirik -

I'd just like to point out that we posted the same list seconds apart. That's fuckin funny and well...I guess you are cool. Phone Post 3.0

Those four are indisputable imo
8/22/13 6:26 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito definitely belongs on the list and it's hard to deny Rampage based on his legendary career. Phone Post
8/22/13 6:33 PM
Oontyex

Anderson , fedor, Royce, chuck (or maybe Wand)

Definitely not Tito or page. Both legends, but not top 4 legends of all time Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 6:35 PM
Jweinberg
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

photo Mountrushmore_zpse97a2fc8.jpg

TTT

8/22/13 6:50 PM
kyle223
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha I love the GSP one! Awesome!
8/22/13 7:12 PM
44 Magnum
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at Rogan's mug... just awesome
8/22/13 7:18 PM
ranier wolfcastle
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was late

8/22/13 7:32 PM
Kick Boxe
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

LOL!  That's funny we all know that President Obama is scheduled to chiseld on that clif.  He will also become the first former US President to sit on the Supreme Court.  No doubt as it's President.

These are great times.

Totally....wait what?

8/22/13 7:32 PM
Kick Boxe
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverback Gorilla Monsoon - Using the Mt. Rushmore model of 2 founding fathers, one innovator and a contemporary "great" I would go with this:

Royce
Funaki
Fedor
GSP

I have no problem with including Ken Shamrock, The beast, Bas or Oleg as pioneers. For game changers you could go with Matt Hughes possibly. And contemporary greats obviously Anderson or Bones. I'm just spit-balling here. Phone Post 3.0

You are too intelligent to post here, get the fuck out

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.