UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Santino DeFranco editorial: Is Askren a pawn?

8/23/13 6:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weebrave - I agree, gsp used to be exciting. I understand the difference of competition. And yeah I don't want to argue I just can't stand watching gsp take no chances. Askren has had me saying wow quite a few times, maybe cuz I'm a former wrestler Phone Post
I'm right there with you as it pertains to the beauty that is Ben's wrestling. But I also believe that if he ever earned/ was given the chance to fight GSP, his tds would get stuffed, and we'd see an exciting striking clinic put on by Georges.
You did make me think that is love to see Diaz fight Ben Phone Post
8/23/13 6:55 PM
weebrave
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGoldenRule -
weebrave - I agree, gsp used to be exciting. I understand the difference of competition. And yeah I don't want to argue I just can't stand watching gsp take no chances. Askren has had me saying wow quite a few times, maybe cuz I'm a former wrestler Phone Post
I'm right there with you as it pertains to the beauty that is Ben's wrestling. But I also believe that if he ever earned/ was given the chance to fight GSP, his tds would get stuffed, and we'd see an exciting striking clinic put on by Georges.
You did make me think that is love to see Diaz fight Ben Phone Post
I think Ben would go balls to the wall trying to get the takedown and gsp might just run away Phone Post
8/24/13 9:54 AM
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SO I dont know a single thing about Ben Askren. People say hes cocky but has a super boring fight style, comparable to an even more boring version of GSP. Now.. I'll be the first to complain about fights that look like hugging matches but saying that someone like that couldn't be a draw eventually isn't 100% true either.

Sure at first he wont get ratings.. being relatively unknown but could you imagine if you had a guy that was as successful as GSP but wasn't as good of a human being and as humble? Lets say Askren takes GSP's strap and does it in a 'Fitch on steroids' manner and then repeats again and again and 'lays n prays' the entire division over the next 5 years like GSP did. Only Askren takes a chapter out of Chael's book and gets on the mic after each win and trashes the guy he just layed on to win the bout and then trashes the entire roster? Sure its WWEish but after a while people would pay just in hopes that the dude would lose.

Yeah its not what I would want personally but as a promoter theres a way to make money with Askren if they do it right.
11/15/13 9:16 AM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.