UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rin Nakai vs Tara LaRosa

8/23/13 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

September 29th at Pancrase 252

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2013/08/23/rin-nakai-vs-tara-larosa-announced-for-pancrase-252-card/

HUGE test for Nakai. We finally get to see whether or not she is serious about MMA. It also tells us a little something about the upcoming season of TUF.
8/23/13 9:30 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with OP. We'll see what Rin is truly worth.

Obligatory Rin pics.

8/23/13 10:30 AM
shallowkal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kill it with fire Phone Post
8/23/13 10:38 AM
JoeMimic
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well fuck. That sucks to have a TUF spoiler out there already. Phone Post
8/23/13 10:43 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic -  Well fuck. That sucks to have a TUF spoiler out there already. Phone Post

There are actually a shitload of them.

Don't go looking if you don't want to be spoiled, but half the cast have either (1) been on twitter during the filming or (2) have fights lined up outside the UFC. At this point, it is pretty common knowledge who makes it into the house and who doesn't.
8/23/13 3:32 PM
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*** spoiler alert ***

8/23/13 3:55 PM
Steve4192

Card - 

*** spoiler alert ***

Can a fight announcement really be considered a spoiler?
8/23/13 3:58 PM
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just kidding... looking forward to the fight. =)

8/23/13 3:59 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/23/13 4:04 PM
Col Angus
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does she pron and fight?
8/23/13 4:08 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when I see the name Rin, I click..
8/23/13 4:19 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Steve4192 -
JoeMimic -  Well fuck. That sucks to have a TUF spoiler out there already. Phone Post

Don't go looking if you don't want to be spoiled, but half the cast have either (1) been on twitter during the filming or (2) have fights lined up outside the UFC. At this point, it is pretty common knowledge who makes it into the house and who doesn't.
Bullshit that it's common knowledge. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 4:32 PM
jay_diaz

Damn. I'll let her triangle choke me any day Phone Post
8/23/13 4:34 PM
thatdude21601
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

Who else has a fight lined up?
8/23/13 4:48 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatdude21601 - 
Steve4192 - 

Several were mentioned in the announcement thread. Last week, I think?

8/23/13 5:03 PM
Steve4192

willienugget - You can't have it both ways. You brought the news and you're 'that guy'. Hell yes it's a spoiler. It's one that was out there for everyone to find but you brought it here. Take the good with the bad.

I didn't think she'd win anyway but now we know.

Rin Nakai is undefeated and has been in and out of the top 10 for the last couple of years. Her getting booked against the former #1 fighter in her weight class is pretty damn big news. Do you honestly expect people to ignore Rin's upcoming bout because her opponent was cast on a reality show? That's not fair to Rin or Pancrase.
8/23/13 5:05 PM
Steve4192

thatdude21601 - 
Steve4192 - 

I'm not going to list 'em in this thread because I don't want it to get derailed/deleted due to spoilers. Suffice it to say that if you google each of the 32 contestants for upcoming fights and check their twitter activity during TUF filming, you can pretty easily figure out who made it into the house and who didn't.
8/23/13 5:10 PM
Chris27

One of the top male prospects didnt make the house and has a fight lined up. 

8/23/13 5:11 PM
Ch1ef
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rin's got some pretty crazy videos on YouTube. Phone Post
8/23/13 5:57 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/23/13 6:05 PM
Col Angus
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the bathtub one.

There is some uncanny valley going on with her. She may be a robutt.
8/23/13 6:10 PM
BRZ

Ch1ef - Rin's got some pretty crazy videos on YouTube. Phone Post
Didn't her husband force her to make those videos? Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 6:52 PM
Steve4192

willienugget - 
Steve4192 - 
willienugget - You can't have it both ways. You brought the news and you're 'that guy'. Hell yes it's a spoiler. It's one that was out there for everyone to find but you brought it here. Take the good with the bad.

I didn't think she'd win anyway but now we know.

Rin Nakai is undefeated and has been in and out of the top 10 for the last couple of years. Her getting booked against the former #1 fighter in her weight class is pretty damn big news. Do you honestly expect people to ignore Rin's upcoming bout because her opponent was cast on a reality show? That's not fair to Rin or Pancrase.

Not disagreeing. Just saying it was definitely a spoiler and you were the dude that brought it here. It reflects more on Tara for taking a fight. I figure she lost, realized she's never going to be a UFC fighter and said fuck it and fuck them in the process.

I don't think it is anything as dramatic as that.

Tara has had nothing but positive things to say about her experience on TUF, so I doubt she is saying 'fuck' anyone. Plenty of fighters that got bounced on the TUF prelims from this current season and previous seasons have taken fights outside the UFC before the season aired. It is very common. I doubt she is in any trouble with the UFC or that she has any ill will towards them.
8/23/13 7:47 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 08/23/13 7:47 PM
Guy at Kinkos brought up Rin the other day, I guess all those Pancrase Vids get exposure! lol

What weight is she? Rin vs Amanda Lucus in Japan?
8/23/13 7:56 PM
Steve4192

DanTheWolfman - Guy at Kinkos brought up Rin the other day, I guess all those Pancrase Vids get exposure! lol

What weight is she? Rin vs Amanda Lucus in Japan?

She used to fight at 145 but has moved to 135. That puts her two weight classes below Amanda. To be honest, she should really consider dropping down to 125. Rin is ridiculously wide, but at only 5'1" she is at a massive reach disadvantage against everyone she fights.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.