UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sad sad read on Tommy Morrison

8/23/13 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
saucylv33
768 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sad to read about his life today.
8/23/13 3:03 PM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunn was awesome for the Rocky movie Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 3:29 PM
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saucylv33 - He was young and didn't have the discipline. I remember he was set to fight Lennox Lewis and we even had the media tour mapped out for Europe and US.

Someone from outside Top Rank (I won't mention names) convinced him to take a "tune-up" fight on HBO against Michael Bendt in OKC.

His training camp before that fight was AWFUL. He got busted at the hotel pool at 2 am with girls.

His trainer wanted to call the fight off but they went through with it and he got knocked down 3 times in the first round and lost the fight due to the 3 knockdown rule in the WBO. That was pretty much the beginning of the end.

I'm sure you know Yuri Vaulin

Tommy didn't bother training for the Vaulin fight or take it seriously, and Yuri (who fought in the UFC) was a skilled guy out of the Soviet system. Vaulin was owning Tommy and the dollars were slipping away until Tommy landed a sick bomb.

His power saved him a few times when he didn't prepare.
8/23/13 3:33 PM
disbeliever
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
So sad to read
8/23/13 3:39 PM
UGCTT_Outgrappled by Hunt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 
UGCTT_Outgrappled by Hunt - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

One of you guys summarize. I'm not going to read it. Don't need to be depressed today :-(

Guy has potential, life shits on him...the end

That's many of us Im afraid....

"He had the world by the balls. And he blew it" -Tim Morrison
-Michael Scott
8/23/13 3:40 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up OP. Thanks for sharing
8/23/13 4:24 PM
pheonix5
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

One of you guys summarize. I'm not going to read it. Don't need to be depressed today :-(

Close to death. Liver is failing. Mom ready to see him go instead of suffer.

I too was a Morrison fan. The dude had so much potential. I was sad back in the day when I heard he wouldn't be boxing again.

R.I.P Tommy.

8/23/13 4:34 PM
Col Angus
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This dude lived a crazy life. Fuuuuu
8/23/13 5:18 PM
soundoff71
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at him, very sad.

From this:

To this:

8/23/13 5:23 PM
moccaco
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would have loved to see a round of Tyson vs. Morrison...
8/23/13 5:27 PM
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moccaco - Would have loved to see a round of Tyson vs. Morrison...
Either way, it would only have lasted a round. I would have paid $50 even If I knew in advance it was a 1 round fight Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 5:31 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top Phone Post
8/23/13 5:37 PM
INDK
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is sad to read, couldn't read it all Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 5:51 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeezus.  * sad

8/23/13 5:58 PM
Brigham
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later Phone Post
8/23/13 6:07 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I often wondered how good Tommy could have been if he was not such a knucklehead. The guy had a lot of ability. It wasn't just the power, he had speed and a killer instinct you can't teach.
8/23/13 6:14 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/13 6:14 PM

age 44

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Morrison

8/23/13 6:20 PM
BJ Penn Forever
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sad
8/23/13 6:34 PM
fight4right

Very sad Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 6:55 PM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heard a couple of days back that he'd been diagnosed with a rare condition recently. Added to the obvious hiv thing this is heartbreaking. Always a fan of Morrisons fights as a kid :( Phone Post
8/23/13 7:45 PM
cortXbomb

It's kinda fucked up that he's in the latest Fight Night game, where he can be cut and bleed all over other dudes who are cut and give them virtual HIV.
8/23/13 7:51 PM
jcblass

Edited: 08/23/13 7:53 PM
Strange story, I remember when he was trying his comeback 10 years ago he claimed he didn't have the disease and he was testing negative. His G/F at the time told the press, after they separated, that he was secretly taking his AIDS medicine to keep the viral count low or undetectable.

Now he is near death. I don't understand why he stopped taking the meds or even if he did. If he didn't stop taking the meds, he should look like Magic Johnson. Full blown aids is a rare thing in America these days.

Again, you have this odd question mark as to whether the disease is killing these people or their lifestyle is the problem. His last arrest was for meth.

If he stayed on the AIDS drugs he should have had a much longer run.
8/23/13 8:00 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I am thoroughly depressed on a friday :(

Well written story, full of life lessons. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 8:28 PM
wpipes
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God bless you Tommy. Was a hero of mine when I was a kid in the early 90's. My coach was Tommy's cut man. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 8:39 PM
Bench
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad. Was a big fan of his as a kid back in the day. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.