UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sad sad read on Tommy Morrison

8/23/13 9:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jambo888
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn

8/23/13 9:17 PM
Golden Boy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saucey put that video together when she was Tommy's PR guy.
8/23/13 9:33 PM
ChiTown Philly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad shit right there Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 9:44 PM
raf_269
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad story. Grew up watching boxing with my dad in the early 90's. Tommy was exciting to watch and became one of my favorite boxers. Such a shame a reckless lifestyle caught up with him.

8/23/13 9:53 PM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

terribly sad stuff.
8/23/13 10:09 PM
NHBStriker
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't have much sympathy for him.

Some years back, he made kind of a foray into MMA. The rules were stand-up only but with the 4oz grappling gloves. The fight was on an Indian reservation, against a journeyman heavyweight named John Stover.

This was at a point in Morrison's career, where he was making a comeback, and declaring that he never had AIDS to begin with. And yet, amazingly, despite the fact that claimed never to have AIDS, the only fights he would take during this period were in places that did not have strict testing, places where he could get away with climbing into the ring while sick.

He put Stover's health at risk and knew it. He put other opponents' health at risk and knew it, all the while proclaiming that he'd always been fine.

I hope he dies without pain, and surrounded by those who love him. But I don't feel sorry for him.

8/23/13 10:24 PM
Kostakio
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there any way to know for sure he has HIV/AIDS now? I keep reading confusing stuff about the topic. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 10:25 PM
ryanJ
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NHBStriker - I really don't have much sympathy for him.

Some years back, he made kind of a foray into MMA. The rules were stand-up only but with the 4oz grappling gloves. The fight was on an Indian reservation, against a journeyman heavyweight named John Stover.

This was at a point in Morrison's career, where he was making a comeback, and declaring that he never had AIDS to begin with. And yet, amazingly, despite the fact that claimed never to have AIDS, the only fights he would take during this period were in places that did not have strict testing, places where he could get away with climbing into the ring while sick.

He put Stover's health at risk and knew it. He put other opponents' health at risk and knew it, all the while proclaiming that he'd always been fine.

I hope he dies without pain, and surrounded by those who love him. But I don't feel sorry for him.

He also convinced his wife that he wasn't HIV + and got pec implants to keep up appearance of health when he clearly was not healthy.

I will say...I feel sorry for him...fuck, I can't imagine @ 27 years old and feeling like you had the world by the balls being given what was at the time a complete death sentence (back then HIV was like the plague) and I can't imagine going from chaisng my dreams to waiting to die. With that said, many others have been given serious life altering diagnoses (thankfully, I have not...but others in my family have) and they didn't go out and drag others down with them. 

Tommy's situation has sucked for many years...I do feel sorry for him, but I also understand why others might not.  The fact that he has put others at risk because he was delusional makes him far harder to feel sympathy for. 

8/23/13 10:37 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck wanted to whoop that ass!

...fggsdfgse.......tommy morrison.......zzzzzzzz
8/23/13 10:40 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cortXbomb - It's kinda fucked up that he's in the latest Fight Night game, where he can be cut and bleed all over other dudes who are cut and give them virtual HIV.

Dude......LOL
8/23/13 10:41 PM
Bry Bry

sad story but i wonder how he got aids??which drugs did he use??we all know that most men with aids usually dont get it from a woman..
8/23/13 10:42 PM
ryanJ
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ShanTheMan - 
cortXbomb - It's kinda fucked up that he's in the latest Fight Night game, where he can be cut and bleed all over other dudes who are cut and give them virtual HIV.

Dude......LOL

If you buy the PC version make sure to run Norton Antivirus...

8/23/13 10:56 PM
Kostakio
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ryanJ -
UGCTT_ShanTheMan - 

Dude......LOL

Dude! Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 11:08 PM
Mihow
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has the mom's story been verified?

Seems like there would be something written about him if he's being mechanically kept alive for the past year
8/23/13 11:10 PM
ano8tsixxx

For later
8/23/13 11:11 PM
wrongaboutVitali
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guy liked women and partying, but hated to train. His natural talent got him past decent fighters, but when he faced his first real test (Ray Mercer) he was brutally KO'd.

My buddy and I were devastated after the loss. Guy had great potential (questionable chin), but had a lousy work ethic outside the gym.

His fight with Ruddock was awesome.
8/23/13 11:12 PM
Chappie
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I boxed out of the same amatuer program as Tommy and was around him numerous times growing up. Tommy was a fairly intelligent guy at one time and is still to this day, the most physically talented heavyweight that I have ever been around. It seems so odd to look back on life and remember how great his life seemed to be at one time and how tragically sad his life ended up being. Phone Post
8/23/13 11:52 PM
MikeHunt36
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 11:53 PM
redwhiteandblues
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
8/23/13 11:54 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan

Kostakio - 
ryanJ -
UGCTT_ShanTheMan - 

Dude......LOL

Dude! Phone Post 3.0

you don't need it. Tommy himself says there are no bugs in the system.
8/24/13 12:18 AM
RONINXOM
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn... Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 1:28 AM
PrettyBoy
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read the article this morning on ESPN... Very sad. He made his mark on the sport though... Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 10:07 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L8r Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 10:17 AM
blamecanada

RickStorm - 

damn sad story

I don't see why anybody in this thread is offering him sympathy. This is a man that just a few years ago was making a scene trying to prove to the world he never had HIV. Meaning, if you were an established professional boxer, he would show no regard and sooner put your life at risk. Tommy Gunn or not, the man is a scumbag.
8/24/13 10:29 AM
JOB
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I spoke to him a few times on Myspace years back. It's kinda sad that his mother hasn't seen him in a year, because she doesn't have the money to go visit him. A mother will always find a way!

It must be so lonely for the guy. Let him find peace.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.