UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Tyson: "I've Been Lying About Being Sober"

8/24/13 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dana Stern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Tyson is an amazing beautiful person. He's smart, and dedicated to becoming a better person and willing to right his wrongs and open up about his dishonesty. It's all part of the process of recovery and getting better and what you saw and that video took more courage and was was the most alpha thing he has ever done as a person and fighter. Love you Mike fuck the haters! Phone Post
8/24/13 1:18 PM
Toquinho
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this recent? Dayum. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 1:20 PM
Bobby Lupo
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Mike Tyson is trying to make amends with the universe. There is deep beauty in that.

He has been for years. I talked with him at that Ricco Rodriguez boxing experiment, and even then a 300lb Tyson was talking about being sober and devoting the rear of his life to "good deeds, you know like missionary work in Africa." Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 1:25 PM
RuaYouToDoubtChaelsSubGame
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - Damn. Between the Tommy Morrison read and this Tyson vid, my beautiful breezy Saturday morning just got a little heavier.

I can't say I'm surprised. That man went through a lot of crazy shit in his life, most of us would likely cope the same way.

Maybe his brutal honesty is him reaching for help?
Hope he gets it. Phone Post
I hope the honesty is a way for people around him to support him and hold him accountable to make sure he stays sober. Addiction is no joke, he was a phenomenal athlete. Hope he can truly make peace in his life. Phone Post
8/24/13 1:49 PM
Global Shield
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
8/24/13 1:52 PM
MdGeist

So what's Mikes DOC? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 1:59 PM
kingofpancakes80
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
8/24/13 2:23 PM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's something about Mike that is just really brings out the emotions. Even though our situations aren't the same as his I think we can all relate to that internal battle he struggles with. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 2:37 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

8/24/13 2:45 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt Wrestling - I'm sure most of you know that Teddy Atlas once held a gun to Mike Tysons head because of Iron Mike sexually harassing / maybe even attempting more? one of Teddys 11 year old family members

I think Tyson is about as fake as it gets.

We've all made mistakes guy, and he did that when he was 16. We've all done things we regret. The fact that he wants to make amends and try to fix the wrongs he has made, shows something special.

I swear, some dudes on here are like women. You hold shit against people foreeeevvverrrrrr and never let it go no matter what.

8/24/13 2:49 PM
TuLegit

I hope he can get clean. The guy is a legend and obviously struggling with some serious demons. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 2:54 PM
itswhitty
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biva - Given that he lost his little girl a couple of years ago, its no suprise he's off the wagon. Phone Post 3.0

I hate to say it, but right after that happened I was really nervous that he was going to commit suicide.  The guy has been through so much shit in life (much of it his own doing, especially early on) and was just really starting to make amends with the world and emerge as a sympathetic character only to lose his baby in a freak accident like that... 

I don't think it's a good idea to overlook some of the terrible things he's done in his life, but it's important to juxtapose those with the (I believe) genuine efforts that he's made to improve himself as a human being.  He's clearly been seeking redemption for his past, and when you compare who he is now as this flawed, vulnerable person to the erratic and dangerous guy he was in his younger days, he's really a fascinating human at the very least. 

8/24/13 2:56 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

4l8r. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 3:01 PM
Kostakio
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

itswhitty -
biva - Given that he lost his little girl a couple of years ago, its no suprise he's off the wagon. Phone Post 3.0

I hate to say it, but right after that happened I was really nervous that he was going to commit suicide.  The guy has been through so much shit in life (much of it his own doing, especially early on) and was just really starting to make amends with the world and emerge as a sympathetic character only to lose his baby in a freak accident like that... 

I don't think it's a good idea to overlook some of the terrible things he's done in his life, but it's important to juxtapose those with the (I believe) genuine efforts that he's made to improve himself as a human being.  He's clearly been seeking redemption for his past, and when you compare who he is now as this flawed, vulnerable person to the erratic and dangerous guy he was in his younger days, he's really a fascinating human at the very least. 

Well said. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 3:02 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect to anyone who can honestly reflect on what kind of person they are and then express that to others in words. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 3:06 PM
colubrid1

what a goof.
8/24/13 3:07 PM
Jesus KO'd stayrad
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canooke -
Jesus KO'd stayrad - Gotta love mike. He's so captivating, dude is really interesting, pure of heart seems like he was just exploited by people his whole life and got caught up in some bad shit Phone Post 3.0

He has a likeable side, I'm with you on that. I think you're completely wrong that he is pure of heart and only a victim. No doubt he was exploited but he is also a vicious and aggressive guy, or at least was for many years.
I didn't say he was ONLY a victim, I said he was exploited and got caught up in some bad shit, a lot of the stuff he has done is terrible and no1 to blame for his actions other than himself but if he would of had the right people around him as the proper guidance he may of made better choices had more self control Etc Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 3:34 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, to read some of the posters that come on here and bash him is what really hurts. The man lived a life most people would've already off'd themselves for and he's still alive and smiling.
WAR "IRON" Mike Tyson! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 3:58 PM
gage949
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I support Mike in his journey! Love him or hate him, there is nothing wrong with someone trying to turn there life around. No matter how many times they fall. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 4:18 PM
ShamusO'nyou
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
Kirik -

Mike Tyson is trying to make amends with the universe. There is deep beauty in that.

He has been for years. I talked with him at that Ricco Rodriguez boxing experiment, and even then a 300lb Tyson was talking about being sober and devoting the rear of his life to "good deeds, you know like missionary work in Africa." Phone Post 3.0

He seems to be a convincing liar.

He definitely has something about him because people always want to believe the best about him.

I bet if he got drunk just after that interview then went on a booze and drug fueled year of madness and violence but declared he was trying to change when the year was up everybody would be patting him on the back .
8/24/13 4:24 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShamusO'nyou -
Bobby Lupo - 
Kirik -

He seems to be a convincing liar.

He definitely has something about him because people always want to believe the best about him.

I bet if he got drunk just after that interview then went on a booze and drug fueled year of madness and violence but declared he was trying to change when the year was up everybody would be patting him on the back .
Well yeah people are going to pat him on the back for trying being clean again, but I think a lot of people would lose hope or respect for him Phone Post
8/24/13 5:10 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Black Belt Wrestling - I'm sure most of you know that Teddy Atlas once held a gun to Mike Tysons head because of Iron Mike sexually harassing / maybe even attempting more? one of Teddys 11 year old family members

I think Tyson is about as fake as it gets.

We've all made mistakes guy, and he did that when he was 16. We've all done things we regret. The fact that he wants to make amends and try to fix the wrongs he has made, shows something special.

I swear, some dudes on here are like women. You hold shit against people foreeeevvverrrrrr and never let it go no matter what.

Why?

Why is it we reward the drunk who quits drinking but we don't reward the guy who never touches a drink?

Why does it take "such strength" to get clean yet we never hear it takes strength to never head down that path?

The problem with Mike started when he took the biggest piece of chicken and a second helping before the other kids got to eat and Cus D'Amato told him that was ok because HE was gonna be champ.

Yeah, he did become champ but that feeling of entitlement ruined his life.

Too many enablers were around, from John Horne down the line and with Cus gone there was no one he respected.

I am a Mike fan. Always have been.

I just can't applaud his coming clean with this news because it's not anything to cheer.

We should just hope he gets it right this time and people around him help him stay that way. Phone Post
8/24/13 5:44 PM
LAE

Tyson is constantly fighting the animal within him. He hates women, hates gays and violence is in his blood, he's constantly fighting with himself and he will never win.

Some guys are just wired differently. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 5:52 PM
Ramy Daoud
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 5:52 PM
Ramy Daoud
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoops meant ttt Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.