UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Tyson: "I've Been Lying About Being Sober"

8/24/13 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dana Stern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LAE - Tyson is constantly fighting the animal within him. He hates women, hates gays and violence is in his blood, he's constantly fighting with himself and he will never win.

Some guys are just wired differently. Phone Post 3.0
What the fuck are you talking about that's a bullshit comment pulled out of your ass. You know anything about Mike Tyson at all? Phone Post
8/24/13 7:27 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biggy - what happend to his little girl? Phone Post 3.0
His little girl died in some freak accident I believe on a treadmill or some kinda exercise machine.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jGNV3mE8Iph_ePbtreCubEAo0LTg?hl=en Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 7:43 PM
TexDeuce
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
8/24/13 7:56 PM
Pessimist_Pete

MdGeist - So what's Mikes DOC? Phone Post 3.0
Alcohol Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:03 PM
Ridgeback
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Tyson will make you love him.

8/24/13 8:43 PM
clayclamitia
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridgeback -

Mike Tyson will make you love him.

Or fuck you to you love him. Sorry Mike, could be the best line of all time. Addiction sucks and dealt with it for years and I wish it upon no person. Hope Mike gets his shit together because love him or hate him he was a big part of my childhood and probably the biggest reason I became a fight fan. Don't really like the idea of him promoting fights because he's just going to be dealing with other shady ass boxing promoters who could possibly push him back to that negative shit that he's trying to stay away from. Training fighters is always something I thought Mike would be great at because the man knows his shit. True student of the game. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:45 PM
pistolpete86

Kirik -

Mike Tyson is trying to make amends with the universe. There is deep beauty in that.

Exactly. Well said Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:50 PM
nostripewhite

Kirik -

Mike Tyson is trying to make amends with the universe. There is deep beauty in that.

That's real retarded sir. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 1:56 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike was a fantastic boxer and a one of a kind personality ... however if you have ever spent time around con-artists and compulsive liars he kinda fits that bill too.

Hope he can get his life on track for his sake. 

8/25/13 3:35 AM
Kostakio
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Tyson. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 3:44 AM
DEZBOT

What was he on? Prescription stuff? Or disco shit? I know he said he's a alcoholic, but it would be interesting to know what addiction he was battling Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 6:49 AM
nostripewhite

DEZBOT - What was he on? Prescription stuff? Or disco shit? I know he said he's a alcoholic, but it would be interesting to know what addiction he was battling Phone Post 3.0
Being a shitbag. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 8:03 AM
CLINT NJHC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later
8/25/13 8:32 AM
Ramone8
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/13 6:38 PM
Good luck Mike. Rooting for you.
8/25/13 9:14 AM
Bobby Lupo
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEZBOT - What was he on? Prescription stuff? Or disco shit? I know he said he's a alcoholic, but it would be interesting to know what addiction he was battling Phone Post 3.0

massive cokehead
8/25/13 9:15 AM
Bobby Lupo
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave - 

Mike was a fantastic boxer and a one of a kind personality ... however if you have ever spent time around con-artists and compulsive liars he kinda fits that bill too.

Hope he can get his life on track for his sake. 

Dave ain't so crazy. Lotta truth here
8/25/13 1:15 PM
AK-BJJ

Edited: 08/25/13 1:17 PM
I don't think it's a matter of him being a con artist or liar as much as it is just him being conflicted and that's really difficult for some people to understand but for the people who do... they really do.

IMO there are some people who for one reason or another are naturally "bad" people even if they don't wanna be. I think Mike is like that. It's like he's a natural scumbag who really does wanna be a good guy but eventually if he doesn't stay on top of it or focused on doing what's right he does something that makes him look disingenuous.

So basically I think everybody is right... he's a scumbag and a lovable guy lol. Whatever he is I've always appreciated what I think is his honesty and he is one of the most fascinating people eva to listen to.
8/25/13 1:57 PM
funkjitsu
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyson is the Man... Much respect to that guy Phone Post
8/25/13 2:06 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you gotta pull for mike.  he's the poster boy for as low as hopeless can get and how it CAN be turned around.  i cannot think of a better example of someone that was as much of a hopeless piece of shit that 180'd like he has.  

8/25/13 2:10 PM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyson put on amazing displays in the ring, though how he ranks among the greatest heavyweights is hotly debated, but I can see being a fan.

But people post like he's some kind of decent human being. I'm curious where that is even coming from? Most evidence points in the other direction. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:14 PM
Kneeblock
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironic that people can understand how circumstances made Mike who he was, but every other young black male is just a criminal who was born that way and is destined to be nothing more than scum.

People come from messed up lives. Sometimes they overcome it and sometimes they don't. I hope when all is said, Mike becomes a model for the fact that it's achievable to climb out with a lot of work. Phone Post
8/25/13 3:42 PM
MattyECB
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TO ppl saying Tyson is fake because he sexually assaulted an 11yo, grabbed her ass while he was 16, you should try and remember Tyson has never denied this charge and has even admitted to sexually assaulting women in the past -- just not Givens.

No shit he was pretty despicable growing up -- he committed assaults, domestic battery, did drugs, stole, was a misogynist, was incredibly racist despite his favorite person and father figure being a white man, and a host of other issues he's actually quite candid in admitting.

The reason he's so enthralling to many is because underneath this seemingly moronic thug was a man who actually studied the science and philosophy of boxing.

He was a fucked up mess growing up and as a fighter, but he made a clear attempt to improve himself and open up to the world -- showing us not only the tiger-buying, baby-eating train-wreck we all enjoyed watching, but now a deeply flawed individual trying to improve...

I don't think he's a good man, but I think he's genuine and I think he's definitely made changes in an attempt to better himself. Saying he's full of shit because of something he did while he was 16 that he openly admits and apologizes for is silly. And as fucked up as that is, that's hardly the worst of his avowed crimes he's admitted to.
8/25/13 3:51 PM
MattyECB
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lite - Tyson put on amazing displays in the ring, though how he ranks among the greatest heavyweights is hotly debated, but I can see being a fan.

But people post like he's some kind of decent human being. I'm curious where that is even coming from? Most evidence points in the other direction. Phone Post 3.0

Ya, after D'Amato died he already started to slip, but kept the same coaching staff and thus the same general style -- training vids are awesome as you see him fire off 4-5 power shots in one second and each on always accompanied by a slip or dip.

His staff had a number system and would shout out combos, and the entire thing was wonderfully polished... Once he removed the last remnants of his old training camp, is when he started to shift into the plodding haymaker machine who'd only headhunt and eat shots and this is why he'll never be a legendary HW imo -- albeit one of the most talented and most influential.

His prime died long before he could start gaining traction with rivalries and after he lost, he had no support system to change or improve his game, just a bunch of ppl looking for more cash.

Forget Lennox, by the time he fought Holyfield he was already absolute garbage -- he had lost the embarrassing Douglas upset, lost his original camp, been imprisoned and had his mediocre comeback....

There is something to be said about the aura a person can only achieve when he starts his career with 20ish straight-KOs, the majority in the first round, but I feel like most ppl forget what his true strengths were and only remember power because of his later style
8/25/13 4:14 PM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
he's a beast, i feel for em i have a violent mindset too and i'm finally getting past my drug days filled with trouble.. great video, thanks OP. glad he's getting sober too.
8/25/13 4:26 PM
maxbrothersinc
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Black Belt Wrestling - I'm sure most of you know that Teddy Atlas once held a gun to Mike Tysons head because of Iron Mike sexually harassing / maybe even attempting more? one of Teddys 11 year old family members

I think Tyson is about as fake as it gets.

We've all made mistakes guy, and he did that when he was 16. We've all done things we regret. The fact that he wants to make amends and try to fix the wrongs he has made, shows something special.

I swear, some dudes on here are like women. You hold shit against people foreeeevvverrrrrr and never let it go no matter what.

This Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.