UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kennedy to Hendo & Vitor: 'Stop using steroids'

8/24/13 7:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Wednesday night's edition of FOX Sports Live, UFC President Dana White announced that Lyoto Machida's first figtht at Middleweight would be Tim Kennedy at UFC Fight for the Troops 3. Machida had previously avoided 185, as he was not interesting in challenging Blackhouse teammate Anderson Silva; with Silva's loss to Chris Weidman, the division was suddenly alluring.

Machida is coming off a remarkable run at light heavyweight, dropping a decision that most observers thought he won to Phi Davis, KOing Ryan Bader and Randy Couture, beating Dan Henderson via Split Decision, and losing to Jon Jones by Guillotine.

Kennedy is 4-1 his last five, losing only to Luke Rockhold, and most recently defeating Roger Gracie.

In an interview with B/R, the 33-year-old was ecstatic.

"I was super excited, totally pumped, thrilled, ecstatic, when I was told about the fight," said Kennedy. "I think he's always been a small light heavyweight, he should've been a middleweight a few years ago."

"He should've come down to middleweight sooner, which I think is the natural weight for him. I have the expectation it will be the best Machida since he won the title."

"Right after my last fight, I was asking to be on that card. The groups I represent are the Green Beret Foundation, Rhino Den, Ranger Up, and the  Wounded Warriors, so it's really cool to be on this card. Emotionally, I'm very invested, and I have to be since I'm fighting a legend who is a dangerous fighter."

"I hope he comes to fight. I don’t want to chase the guy around for 15 minutes. That’s not the fight the fans want, the troops want. If he comes and fights, we’re gonna put on a great show."

"I know I’m not a marque name and I'm looked past by most guys. He is an example of a true fighter to me: my hat's off to Lyoto for being a real fighter and stepping up to the plate to fight me."

Kennedy was less effusive about Vitor Belfort, who stated the only fight he would take at 185 was a title bout. Belfort is instead fighting Dan Henderson at UFC Fight Night 32 on November 9.

Both are on Testosterone Replacement Therapy, and Kennedy was disdainful.

"I wonder who is going to have higher testosterone levels during their fight camp?," said Kennedy. "The real competition for those two is who is going to have the highest testosterone levels during the fight camp. Just take their testosterone levels from four weeks out, and that's the winner of the fight, no reason for these guys to even meet in the cage."

"If you have a guy who can only fight in a scenario where hes injecting synthetic testosterone into his body, he shouldn’t be fighting."

"This is mixed martial arts - integrity, legacy, discipline - this is not Mark MaGwire baseball. He almost killed the sport of baseball. Somebody needs to come to grips this is damaging the sport."

"His requirement to fight me was to fight me in Brazil. If I get a call to fight, I'm told it's at this time, at this place and I accept. I don't go around being like 'well, I'm only going to fight so and so if we meet in Austin, Texas.' Fight clean, stop using steroids."

Read entire article...

8/24/13 8:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screw you Kennedy. Prove something in MMA before you start talking shit on those who have contributed more to this sport than you likely ever will.
8/24/13 8:04 PM
brahmabull81
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank God hes matched up with Machida and will likely be cut after he gets destroyed. Shouldnt have talked shit about fighter pay and legends in such a disrespectful way, army man.
8/24/13 8:04 PM
brahmabull81
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank God hes matched up with Machida and will likely be cut after he gets destroyed. Shouldnt have talked shit about fighter pay and legends in such a disrespectful way, army man.
8/24/13 8:16 PM
Heimo

He got paid to kill people for oil... I mean freedom. Tim likes to throw a lot of rocks for a guy in his position Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:19 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Lol Hendo would starh Kennedy with trt or not Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:20 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of when Machida runs (though I do love his style when he's more aggressive with it), but Kennedy really has no room to criticize fighters for "coming to fight" considering several times he tries to just snuggle with opponents when he can't actually outfight them via striking or subs.
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - Lol Hendo would starh Kennedy with trt or not Phone Post 3.0
Starch* Phone Post 3.0
teamquestnorth
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully we see aggressive machida and get another shad face out of this. Phone Post
8/24/13 8:22 PM
eXtv

Better be working on your takedowns Tim because Machida is going to make it a very long night for you if you can't get him down.
8/24/13 8:24 PM
Pessimist_Pete

He speaks the truth. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:24 PM
D v
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasn't he only won one fight in the ufc Phone Post
8/24/13 8:30 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a fan of Tim Kennedy, but I am a fan of anyone who trolls the fuck out all these MMA alpha-males who 'mysteriously' get diagnosed with the testosterone production of a teenage girl and are 'prescribed' TRT in their early to mid 30s (or 20s in Todd Duffee's case).

It's a joke. The only reason these guys need TRT is because they screwed up their natural testosterone production by using steroids at some point in their career. Most of 'em never got caught juicing, but their mysterious low T at a relatively young age is a pretty damning. Vitor doesn't even have plausible deniability. He did get caught juicing and now uses TRT to compensate for the damage the steroids did to his gonads.
8/24/13 8:33 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Wow.. He's quickly losing me as a fan and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this assessment. 

8/24/13 8:34 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No other sport allows it's athletes to use TRT. I find it absolutely ridiculous that the one sport that does allow it is one that involves trying to render your opponent unconscious with punches, kicks, knees, and elbows.
8/24/13 8:35 PM
Steve4192

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

Wow.. He's quickly losing me as a fan and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this assessment. 

He lost me as a fan with his boring fight style and his penchant for wearing saggy diapers as ring attire.
8/24/13 8:36 PM
MT11

brahmabull81 - Thank God hes matched up with Machida and will likely be cut after he gets destroyed. Shouldnt have talked shit about fighter pay and legends in such a disrespectful way, army man.
Lol at talking smack on a military man. You disgusting being Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:37 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - Screw you Kennedy. Prove something in MMA before you start talking shit on those who have contributed more to this sport than you likely ever will.

So apparently a fighter isn't allowed an opinion unless he has certain credentials. Thanks for clarifying!
8/24/13 8:37 PM
MT11

Steve4192 - No other sport allows it's athletes to use TRT. I find it absolutely ridiculous that the one sport that does allow it is one that involves trying to render your opponent unconscious with punches, kicks, knees, and elbows.
100% Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:40 PM
Porkchop

Tim is a very outspoken dude. He is sort of losing the respect of a lot of MMA fans I think.

Brian Stann played his cards right. Total class act and he is impossible to dislike. Not to mention he's a badass motherfucker who has been through some real shit and come out more or less unharmed.
8/24/13 8:41 PM
MT11

Heimo - He got paid to kill people for oil... I mean freedom. Tim likes to throw a lot of rocks for a guy in his position Phone Post 3.0
You worthless human Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 8:41 PM
BackOffWarchild
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time Kennedy gives an interview I cringe. "I'm in the military! I don't get paid enough! Other fighters suck!" It's gotten so old. I don't want to feel constantly negative about any fighter (except Schaub, who I enjoy watching lose), but there has never been a moment where I've seen or heard anything remotely likeable about Kennedy.

I just wish he'd go away.
8/24/13 8:42 PM
Wrinkle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If you have a guy who can only fight in a scenario where hes injecting synthetic testosterone into his body, he shouldn't be fighting."

It's hard to disagree with this
8/24/13 8:43 PM
Asp

MT11 - 
brahmabull81 - Thank God hes matched up with Machida and will likely be cut after he gets destroyed. Shouldnt have talked shit about fighter pay and legends in such a disrespectful way, army man.
Lol at talking smack on a military man. You disgusting being Phone Post 3.0

So, just because he is a military man he deserves being treated different?
8/24/13 8:44 PM
MT11

No but losers like you shouldn't disrespect him. He's the reason you can be free in America. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.