UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Has GSP left Jacksons for good?

8/25/13 5:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RJB
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know he use to do most of his training with Firas and then his training camp & game planning with Jackson but his last 2 fights he's had Firas in his corner.

I had heard a rumour that he had a contract with Jackson that stated he had to corner GSP for 1 more fight.

Anyone know if he is 100% Tristar Gym now?
8/25/13 6:00 AM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty early for George to be at Tristar right now. Plus it's Sunday.
8/25/13 6:36 AM
RJB
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus - It's pretty early for George to be at Tristar right now. Plus it's Sunday.

Hey, hey...at the elite level no one should get a day off!!
8/25/13 6:45 AM
Phisher

https://twitter.com/JoshGrossESPN/status/157195555519463424

Even though Jackson didn't corner GSP in his last two fights, their relationship hasn't changed. GSP's main gym is Tristar. He only works with Jackson for a couple of days at the end of his camps.

8/25/13 7:14 AM
RJB

Phisher - 

Even though Jackson didn't corner GSP in his last two fights, their relationship hasn't changed. GSP's main gym is Tristar. He only works with Jackson for a couple of days at the end of his camps.

Yeah thanks for the vid.

But that sounds old (pre Condit) and given that tweet link that Jackson doesn't have contracts, i'm more inclined to think that maybe he has moved to Tristar full time now.
8/25/13 7:42 AM
Pura Vida

John Danaher (Renzo's) is his BJJ coach and I think Phil Nurse (The Wat) is his striking coach. Not sure he's really at any gym "full time."
8/25/13 8:30 AM
Toquinho
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff danaher imo Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 9:14 AM
TheHebrewHammer
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure it's Jake Danaher Phone Post
8/25/13 9:17 AM
Bobby Lupo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know for a fact it's Joey Danaher. I hear he's a pretty smart fella.
8/25/13 9:24 AM
Pura Vida

Gracie Danaher IMO.
8/25/13 9:25 AM
RICKYB
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHebrewHammer - Pretty sure it's Jake Danaher Phone Post
Pretty sure it's jack Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 11:09 AM
Herman Munster

He wasn't going to work with GSP for Condit, he wasnt going to work with GSP for Diaz because Rory was supposed to be fighting Condit around same time.  Now there is nothing stopping them from working together but they aren't.  GSP's corner will be Firas, Danaher, Nurse, JWP.   It's pretty clear GSP and Jackson are no longer working together in any capacity.  GSP out grows trainers every now and then and has zero training partners he uses from Greg's camp in Albuquerque.  They are both too professional to air any dirty public laundry, but it's pretty clear.  Jackson's role for his week of yoda and strategic insight as GSP's main guru was pretty over blown, and I guess became clear that it wasnt really needed with Firas there as GSP's fulltime head coach.  GSP upgrades his skills with all sorts talented training parteners.  Tristar is his main camp, Renzo's/Danaher is his next go-to place.

8/25/13 11:11 AM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure he's got 1 more fight on his contract with Jacksons. So Greg will be in his corner for the Hendricks fight, but I doubt you see them together after that.
8/25/13 11:32 AM
Dongbar
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - Jeff danaher imo Phone Post 3.0
Jeff Dahmer IMO Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 11:53 AM
TheHebrewHammer
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My bad, Jose Danaher it is Phone Post
8/25/13 12:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's always been 100% tri-star. He just stopped using Jackson for strategy and now tri-star and Zahabi are getting the credit they deserved. Phone Post
8/25/13 1:48 PM
M Wood
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Javier Danaher Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:25 PM
UGCTT_Messiah
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joaquin Danaher Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:35 PM
bignightmare
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people are so immature.

It is Jorges Danaher.

Jeebus Crites everyone knows the "Georges" stick together.
8/25/13 2:44 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe you guys are disrespecting such an intelligent and skilled martial artist by butchering his name. It's Jacques Danaher now everyone stfu.

8/25/13 2:59 PM
Diazed And Confused
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeffrey Dahmer is an absolute murderer in BJJ, really surprised GSP's finishing rate hasn't matched his.

Taking out 17 men, undefeated, deserves a lot more respect on the UG. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 4:18 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diazed And Confused - Jeffrey Dahmer is an absolute murderer in BJJ, really surprised GSP's finishing rate hasn't matched his.

Taking out 17 men, undefeated, deserves a lot more respect on the UG. Phone Post 3.0
Beat me to it... Phone Post
8/25/13 4:21 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's Jacinto Danaher.
8/25/13 4:25 PM
Phisher

RJB - 
Phisher - 

Yeah thanks for the vid.

But that sounds old (pre Condit) and given that tweet link that Jackson doesn't have contracts, i'm more inclined to think that maybe he has moved to Tristar full time now.

You're missing the point. He's been with Tristar "full-time" for years. It's not like he ever spent a full training camp in Albuquerque. He only works with Jackson for a small amount of time in preparation for each fight. His main trainers are Zahabi and the other guys in Montreal.

8/25/13 4:32 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure it's Jerome Danaher. He is a kickboxer or something

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.