UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS’ coach says Velasquez can’t take a punch

8/25/13 10:25 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The first time Junior Dos Santos fought Cain Velasquez he knocked him out in the first round at the first UFC on FOX. A year later, Velasquez defeating Dos Santos in a five round decision. Later this year the two will meet in a trilogy fight and Dos Santos' boxing coach is confident this third fight will end the same as the first bout:

The Brazilian knockout artist meets the UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez inside the Octagon for the third time at UFC 166, and his boxing coach believes he will need only a couple punches to take Velasquez out.

"I have no doubt that we will get closer to the knockout as soon as ‘Cigano’ lands one or two punches," Luiz Carlos Dorea told MMAFighting.com. "Cain’s ability to take a punch is his weakness, and that’s what we will explore in this fight."

"Cigano" needed only 64 seconds to end Velasquez’s undefeated run at UFC on FOX on Nov. 12, 2011, and Dorea is confident the fight will play out the same way next month.

"Cain is a complete fighter, deserves our respect, but ‘Cigano’ is stronger and more durable," he said. "The best way to win this fight is work on the punches, and we know the title is coming back to Brazil."

read entire article...

8/25/13 10:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on the punch imo Phone Post
8/25/13 10:40 AM
UGCTT_ JROCKONE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have to land it first. That's if jds ain't huffing and puffing after the first rounds again Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 10:43 AM
Donkey Puncher
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't that the game plan for the second fight? How good did that turned out again? Phone Post
8/25/13 10:45 AM
flyingtoehold
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can't take a lucky haymayker but he can deliver 5rounds worth of mauling!!! Phone Post
8/25/13 10:50 AM
TheAxeMurderer84
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS takes the third fight and the rivalry continues. Phone Post
8/25/13 10:51 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's merit to that argument. Cheick Kongo had him on shaky legs in all 3 rounds of their fight, and JDS put him out.

Still gonna be difficult to land. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 10:52 AM
Ansari
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain took 66 of them in his win over Dos Santos, 57 of which were "significant".

FightMetric

8/25/13 10:57 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donkey Puncher - Wasn't that the game plan for the second fight? How good did that turned out again? Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 11:02 AM
Malvert the Janitor
855 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's so tough....if JDS doesn't let his hands go, he has no chance. But if he lets his hands go he stands a good chance of being put on his back. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 11:28 AM
BuddyRevell
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This sounds like a pretty obvious ploy by JDS's trainer to get Cain angry and fight recklessly. 

8/25/13 11:50 AM
GarlicSauce

NO ONE can take a dos Santos punch (except Roy Nelson). Cain is a tough SOB but we all know that one good punch from Dos Santos will put his lights out.

Cain lacks that one-punch KO ability. His style demands more of him than Dos Santos does his.

Love both guys, but if I were Cain I'd be afraid now.
8/25/13 12:05 PM
overstander

Cain has a whole box of tools in his arsonal,Jds has a punchers chance that got exposed in his last match with Cain.
8/25/13 12:05 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donkey Puncher - Wasn't that the game plan for the second fight? How good did that turned out again? Phone Post
This. Phone Post
8/25/13 12:08 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

overstander - Cain has a whole box of tools in his arsonal,Jds has a punchers chance that got exposed in his last match with Cain.
! Phone Post
8/25/13 12:09 PM
ausgepicht

"We believe if we punch Cain, we'll knock him out. It never occured to us to punch him in the last fight, so this time we'll win."

8/25/13 12:12 PM
GROUNDnLB
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce -

NO ONE can take a dos Santos punch (except Roy Nelson). Cain is a tough SOB but we all know that one good punch from Dos Santos will put his lights out.

Cain lacks that one-punch KO ability. His style demands more of him than Dos Santos does his.

Love both guys, but if I were Cain I'd be afraid now.
You forgot Carwin Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:21 PM
Toquinho
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idk but i am pretty sure i saw cain one punch KO big nog.... I mean koong big og is like the ultimate proof of ko power. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:26 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 10/25/13 11:07 AM
Toquinho - Idk but i am pretty sure i saw cain one punch KO big nog.... I mean koong big og is like the ultimate proof of ko power. Phone Post 3.0

This. The Nog finish was BRUTAL. He also almost finished JDS multiple times. Cain is developing more and more power.

8/25/13 12:27 PM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction Blackbelt -
BuddyRevell - 

This sounds like a pretty obvious ploy by JDS's trainer to get Cain angry and fight recklessly. 

If anything was a ploy it was the "cain hits like a girl" comments. But Cain is too composed to let idle comments bother him.
This. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:29 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain got caught in the first fight, in the second fight he took some shots and kept coming forward. I think his chin is actually underrated. He is one of the smallest HWs in the division, and has only been KOd once, by a KO artist. Not only that, he didn't get hit on the chin, it was his temple, I think he has a great chin. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:30 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind if common sense. JDS hits really hard, Cain doesn't have the best chin, if JDS hits Cain he's probably going down Phone Post
8/25/13 12:35 PM
ausgepicht

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Kind if common sense. JDS hits really hard, Cain doesn't have the best chin, if JDS hits Cain he's probably going down Phone Post

Just like the 25 minute long second fight. Just never occured to him, right tro11?

8/25/13 12:37 PM
Bossk
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any punch to the back of the head is hard to take.

8/25/13 12:38 PM
roperninja
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain looked to push forward against Cheick's punches fine, and that dude his like a truck. Repeatedly...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.