UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS’ coach says Velasquez can’t take a punch

8/25/13 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt JDS hit him in the face over 50x in the last fight and lose? Am I wrong? Someone tell me. Phone Post
8/25/13 4:58 PM
pradom
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - Nobody at the heavyweight level can "take a punch". These men are too large and too powerful to shrug off a well-placed power strike. Even those lacking basic technique are hitting like frate tranes. Anyone who would argue "ability to take a punch" is a good thing at that level is setting themselves up to take a savage beating and spend their retirement years drooling onto a bib.

Yes, we've seen Cain get hurt standing before. Even the chinniest fighters (Hunt, Cabbage) eventually get cracked. Does JDS have the power to turn Cain's lights out? Of course. Worked the first fight, but he wasn't able to bring that power to bear in the 2nd. JDS striking advantage gets overrated in the discussion about a Cain matchup more because of fans' personal likes and dislikes than rational decision-making.

They're both awesome, athletic, powerful fighters.
This. Any heavyweight could have been KO'd or super rocked, with a nice clean shot like the one Junior landed. Yet, Cain is not just a wrestler who doesn't have power in his punches. He knocked down Bigfoot and nogueira in fights where he was focused on the KO, not shooting for takedowns. With heavyweight fights, you should pretend everyone has a suspect chin cause that one punch can drop you to the canvas. I still hope this fight will be a 5 round war though! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 5:18 PM
ramaham
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB -
GarlicSauce -

NO ONE can take a dos Santos punch (except Roy Nelson). Cain is a tough SOB but we all know that one good punch from Dos Santos will put his lights out.

Cain lacks that one-punch KO ability. His style demands more of him than Dos Santos does his.

Love both guys, but if I were Cain I'd be afraid now.
You forgot Carwin Phone Post 3.0
Yup, took plenty Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 5:28 PM
Fyuk Yu

Brazilians cant take a loss, seems like every time one of them loses theyre whining and bitching about it and making up excuses for it for the next couple years.
8/25/13 5:44 PM
ausgepicht

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Kind if common sense. JDS hits really hard, Cain doesn't have the best chin, if JDS hits Cain he's probably going down Phone Post

Just like the 25 minute long second fight. Just never occured to him, right tro11?

Come on man, you're so bitter and angry I know you can insult me better than that. Phone Post

Come on man. I know you can actually make a post that contributes to the discussion instead of being the thought police and handing out citations. Kirkrik doesn't have a position open for forum sherrif.

Why not debate the point instead of copping out?

What point? If JDS hits Cain hard he's going down. What is there to debate? Phone Post

Are you serious?

You said JDS hits really hard. It's common sense. If JDS hits Cain, he'll probably going down. Well, than why didn't it happen in their last fight?

It's almost as if you didn't know they had a second fight, or if you did know, you didn't see JDS hit Cain a bunch of times. Scores of times actually. So how is it that it didn't work in the second fight, but it's going to magically work in the third fight? YES, JDS can knock anyone out. But, you're acting like in that 5 rounds it never occured to JDS or that he never landed any punches.

So if your reply to that is "You're so bitter and angry." than so be it. I called you a tro11, because anyone who watched the fight saw JDS TRY to hit Cain and SUCCEED. JDS failed because he wasn't fast enough and he fell into Cain's gameplan. He is in essence saying he is going to take his chances and going to excecute the same exact gameplan.

It's like buying a scratch ticket, losing, and saying, "I'll win on the next one." We know what happens when you scratch the next one: you keep saying "One more. The next one will win me the million."

Lol I'm not reading all of that.

The second fight went exactly how I said it would for weeks before it happened. And it happened because Cain got in his face, gave him no room to breath and punched him over and over again. JDS couldn't match his pace.

There's ton of heavyweights that hit hard enough to knock Cain out, it doesn't happen because Cain is a really freaking good fighter. Phone Post

I'm sorry. Did you say something? I stopped reading at "Lol I'm not reading all of that."

8/25/13 5:46 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/25/13 5:52 PM
whitejoe -  Didnt JDS hit him in the face over 50x in the last fight and lose? Am I wrong? Someone tell me. Phone Post

He sure did, but because you brought it up you must be "bitter and angry" and need to come up with better "insults" (this is what passes for insults apaprently) according to trolls. 

It's like we're dealing with an elementary school classroom. Their logic is as sound. And that's being generous.

8/25/13 6:07 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Caín seguirá siendo Campion y todos seguirán odiando! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 6:12 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

TheAxeMurderer84 - JDS takes the third fight and the rivalry continues. Phone Post
I honestly can see this happening. JDS looked so off his game the second fight and never could recover once Cain got going. The question is how much of it was just due to how Good Cain is and how much was due to JDS looking like shit.

I think the 3rd fight will tell us a lot more. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 7:53 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not that big if a Cain fan to be honest but what person can take a shot behind the ear without going down? It wasn't like JDS knocked him out with a shot to the jaw or that actually knocked him unconscious or something. He got wobbled and dropped from screwing up his equilibrium because of a shot behind the ear. Very different IMO. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 8:35 PM
rioz17

Gonna laugh when cain lays another beatdown on JDS he left him with that baby face in the last fight he should just work on his cardio big time and grappling and get back to his Twitter rivalry with the reem
8/25/13 8:44 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

36 VS 14 - He just went full retard, fucking stupid.

FACT: Cain Velasquez DESTROYED dos santos in his own game.PERIOD.

CAIN will KTFO dos santos.

the HW Title belongs to USA.

ALL brazilian fighters are being DESTROYED,GETTING KTFO!!!!!!!!

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
anderson silva = KTFO!!!!!!!!
wanderlei silva = KTFO!!!!!!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!
lyota mashida AKA PEE-PEE MOUTH! =KTFO!!!!
nogueira's brothers =KTFO!!!!!!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Just because people live in America does not mean they represent your view you hating ass POS!!!

Cain is Mexican before American (Fact)
Silva is STILL better than any Murican fighter and so are the rest of the colored fighters so take your views to a rally or church or something just get it outa here chump. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 8:49 PM
Malvert the Janitor
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he just say colored???

Did my Delorean stop in the wrong decade again? Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 8:53 PM
I LOVE GSP

Jds nearly died overtraining for the rematch, along with going through his divorce, I think he destroys Cain this time.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/23/4359730/ufc-160-how-overtraining-nearly-killed-junior-dos-santos-rhabdomyolysis-mma
8/25/13 9:36 PM
ausgepicht

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - 

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Just because people live in America does not mean they represent your view you hating ass POS!!!

Silva is STILL better than any Murican fighter and so are the rest of the colored fighters so take your views to a rally or church or something just get it outa here chump. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think the word "fact" means what you think it means. 

8/25/13 9:56 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

Mexican/American

What's first dingus? Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 9:57 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

ausgepicht -

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Mexican/American

8/25/13 10:20 PM
ausgepicht

ausgepicht -

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Mexican/American

He was born in America and didn't even speak Spanish until a few years ago. He's American first.

I'm sure Mexicans would have gotten a kick out of calling a Gringo who couldn't speak Spanish "Mexican."

8/25/13 10:20 PM
GarlicSauce

TylerSG7 - 
GarlicSauce -

NO ONE can take a dos Santos punch (except Roy Nelson). Cain is a tough SOB but we all know that one good punch from Dos Santos will put his lights out.

Cain lacks that one-punch KO ability. His style demands more of him than Dos Santos does his.

Love both guys, but if I were Cain I'd be afraid now.
He mauled JDS for 5 rounds. I don't think Cain has any reason to be afraid. Phone Post 3.0

He sure did. Dos Santos was thoroughly dominated in that fight, and we saw the Cain we were expecting to see in the first fight.

But with Dos Santos, you have to be absurdly evasive for 25 minutes to avoid one of his punches. That's an eternity. And if that bomb connects, bye world championship, bye conciousness.

That's scary.
8/25/13 10:31 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

ausgepicht -
ausgepicht -

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Mexican/American

He was born in America and didn't even speak Spanish until a few years ago. He's American first.

I'm sure Mexicans would have gotten a kick out of calling a Gringo who couldn't speak Spanish "Mexican."

So you're saying that he's American/Mexican?

Ok brah whatever helps you sleep at night.
I learned English (American) before Spanish too but I know my peeps where here in Cali before before your laws so I'm standing MY ground.

Cain is still MEXICAN/Murican Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 10:34 PM
ausgepicht

ausgepicht -
ausgepicht -

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Mexican/American

I learned English (American) before Spanish too but I know my peeps where here in Cali before before your laws so I'm standing MY ground.

No. I'm saying he's American.

I'm not 100% sure what "I learned English (American) before Spanish too but I know my peeps where here in Cali before before your laws so I'm standing MY ground." means, so don't know how to reply.

8/25/13 10:55 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

ausgepicht -
ausgepicht -
ausgepicht -

big foot =KTFO!!!!
jds= ALMOST KTFO!!!!
thiago silva = KTFO!!!!

brazil is dead.

Lol at this ^^^ BS.

Mexican/American

No. I'm saying he's American.

I'm not 100% sure what "I learned English (American) before Spanish too but I know my peeps where here in Cali before before your laws so I'm standing MY ground." means, so don't know how to reply.

. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 11:40 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're even at this point. Not many people can take a JDS bomb (1st fight) and not many people can stand Cain's relentless attack (2nd fight).

Relax and enjoy the fireworks of the rubber match and be nice to each other, we are all here for the love of fighting. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:15 AM
epic hero

This was their mistake in the second fight...just thinking they would get the quick knockout
8/26/13 4:52 AM
DarkHelmet

Jds looked like a suprised catfish after their last fight Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 8:57 AM
Mustard Tiger
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luiz Carlos Dorea - ... and we know the title is coming back to Brazil.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.