UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Any fighters who have fallen harder than Wandy?

8/25/13 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thingading
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when this guy used to be possibly the most popular fighter in all of MMA. Even more remarkable given PRIDE wasn't nearly as well known as the UFC (in North America, anyway) and yet The Axe Murderer was the man.

Fast forward a few years and the guy loses the much anticipated fight with Liddell, is embarrassed by Rampage and loses 7 of his last 11 fights. Now he is trying to talk trash with a guy who will destroy him even worse verbally than he will in the octagon - and the octagon version is going to be brutal for Wandy. G n' P is going to take on a new meaning with Sonnen's double leg at will vs. Wandy.

I'm trying to think of another fighter who used to be so popular and respected and who ended up looking like such a has been boner later in his career. I can't think of one to this extent. A number of fighters start losing more bouts towards the end of their career. Wandy is just plain losing, period.
8/25/13 12:14 PM
justingore
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This won't go well
8/25/13 12:17 PM
Feelz Good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did fall pretty hard, but I'm really impressed by how he's managed to become/stay relevant. He's not going to fight for a title any time soon, but he has good wins. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:18 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thingading - I remember when this guy used to be possibly the most popular fighter in all of MMA. Even more remarkable given PRIDE wasn't nearly as well known as the UFC (in North America, anyway) and yet The Axe Murderer was the man.

Fast forward a few years and the guy loses the much anticipated fight with Liddell, is embarrassed by Rampage and loses 7 of his last 11 fights. Now he is trying to talk trash with a guy who will destroy him even worse verbally than he will in the octagon - and the octagon version is going to be brutal for Wandy. G n' P is going to take on a new meaning with Sonnen's double leg at will vs. Wandy.

I'm trying to think of another fighter who used to be so popular and respected and who ended up looking like such a has been boner later in his career. I can't think of one to this extent. A number of fighters start losing more bouts towards the end of their career. Wandy is just plain losing, period.
I still love Wanderlei. You suck. That's all you will get out of me. Phone Post
8/25/13 12:21 PM
MCchoke
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh yeah,just so sad to see him now:(
if his friends and family really cared about him
they would step in,sit him down and really try to get through to this guy,someone needs to and soon.
8/25/13 12:22 PM
donkypunch55
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're an idiot.
Obviously you caught Wand banging your grandma while you were cutting through the living room on the way to your room in the basement.

Yeah, Chaels awesome G'nP...
You know, the stuff that failed to leave a single mark after 24.5 min of work on AS.

You know what? Forget it, I feel like I'm trying to teach chemistry to a chinchilla.
OP is clearly beyond hope. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:29 PM
Smith1234
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised you are a fellow 06er.

Although in my case I'll consider that a technicality as I lurked all of 05 and joined to post right after I saw Shockwave 05 on PPV. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:29 PM
Thingading
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donkypunch55 - You're an idiot.
Obviously you caught Wand banging your grandma while you were cutting through the living room on the way to your room in the basement.

Yeah, Chaels awesome G'nP...
You know, the stuff that failed to leave a single mark after 24.5 min of work on AS.

You know what? Forget it, I feel like I'm trying to teach chemistry to a chinchilla.
OP is clearly beyond hope. Phone Post 3.0

I'm an idiot for stating the truth?

But you are correct about Wandy banging my grandma, as I did catch them going at it in person. However, he told me she she takes the silver medal when compared to your mom.
8/25/13 12:30 PM
Melvin Junko

Tons of fighters have "fallen " harder.
He has fought top guys and not cans. Plus he's the Motherfucking Axe Murderer...
8/25/13 12:35 PM
Roy Batty
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand beat Bisping much more convincingly than Sonnen and still would never lose to some of the guys Chael has.
8/25/13 12:37 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvin Junko - Tons of fighters have "fallen " harder.
He has fought top guys and not cans. Plus he's the Motherfucking Axe Murderer...
I assume you mean hasn't fought cans in the UFC? Cause can crushing was a big part of his career. Phone Post
8/25/13 12:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won his last fight in spectacular fashion...so that puts him ahead of everyone who didn't, as far as "falls from grace" go. Oh and yes...

Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 12:55 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not really sure he's fallen that much at all. Maybe he's not in the title hunt anymore, but I'd give him a fair chance against almost anybody in the top 10 of his division. He's still putting on exciting fights against high level fighters.
8/25/13 12:59 PM
CrazyPope
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your vote has been cast
8/25/13 1:02 PM
Jacinto
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand likely will never be a true contender for the belt but that doesn't mean he is irrelevant. He will still put on exciting fights, like with Stann and Cung,etc, and will stay popular with the fans. I just think that matching him up with a top contender and standout wrestler like Chael is a waste of a fight for him imo.
8/25/13 1:11 PM
Slobonmynog
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand fell but has stayed relevant. Beat bisping who is a top contender that falls short. Beat stann who is a beast. Beat cung who had many ugers hanging off his nuts.

Yeah he lost some that he shouldn't have (leben springs to mind), but the guy is a warrior that goes out on his shield.

I think chael wins via decision by being the better wrestler with superior cardio but the fact of the matter is wand is a fucking legend and over the course of hos career has earned the right to call out whoever and say whatever he wants (stolen from hendo in the skooter thread).

And to top it off, is a stand up guy. Phone Post
8/25/13 1:13 PM
ProteinOverdrive

Wanderlei, the character has never been around wins or losses, he was always all about the heart and the warrior spirit.

He still has both.
8/25/13 1:17 PM
T Bag

Crocop is up there for sure. He came off both OWGP win, the peak of his career, to washing out of the UFC within a few years Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 1:24 PM
FadeToBlack

Thingading - I remember when this guy used to be possibly the most popular fighter in all of MMA. Even more remarkable given PRIDE wasn't nearly as well known as the UFC (in North America, anyway) and yet The Axe Murderer was the man.

The world's most dangerous man had a similar THUD to end his career.
8/25/13 1:27 PM
Slobonmynog
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag - Crocop is up there for sure. He came off both OWGP win, the peak of his career, to washing out of the UFC within a few years Phone Post 3.0
Again. Another legend.

Pains me to say it but when he came to the ufc, the competition had passed him by.

Idiots will always argue pride vs ufc.

Ufc is awesome. Pride was awesome at the same time as ufc being awesome. A true mma fan will appreciate having been able to watch both rather than comparing! Phone Post
8/25/13 1:27 PM
MrColdCock
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just about every top guy that stuck around past their prime. That's sports for you.

Chuck
Coleman
Cro Cop
Rampage
Nog
Randy
Igor
Randleman
Rizzo
Shogun
Hughes
BJ
Gomi
Sakuraba is probably the best example of this. Phone Post
8/25/13 1:28 PM
Blunted Ninja
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The brightest stars burn out fast. And Wandy went as hard as any man ever. The human body can only take so much, What do you expect of him you goof? Phone Post
8/25/13 2:24 PM
DNAsmoothie
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Kerr Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:40 PM
BrokeFitch

since chaels latest promo/callout this place turned into a wandy bashing shithole!!

vtfd tomorrow! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:42 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag - Crocop is up there for sure. He came off both OWGP win, the peak of his career, to washing out of the UFC within a few years Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, going 3-6 against ufc heavyweights with most losses by knockout was definitely shocking. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.