UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett ready for his first UFC title defense

8/26/13 10:56 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Josh Barnett won the UFC heavyweight title in March of 2002, defeating Randy Couture by TKO. Barnett then left the organization to fight overseas and returning ten years later, feels like he will finally defend that heavyweight title he won ten years ago:

“When I walk in the ring, in my mind, I’m making my first title defense. That’s the way I see it,” he said on a recent episode of MMA’s Great Debate.

Barnett’s last UFC outing was in March 2002 when he stopped Randy Couture in the second round to win a belt that he would subsequently be stripped of after testing positive for a banned substance.

Barnett went on to fight for Pride, where he faced the likes of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Mark Hunt and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The 35-year-old compared Mir’s career fighting in the UFC unfavorably with his own, while he competed in Japan.

“We’ve always been in different places, even when he was fighting for titles. No one ever took my belt from me, so I don’t know what belt they were swinging around, but that wasn’t the UFC heavyweight title as far as I was concerned and I was off at Pride fighting the top dudes in the world at the time.”

read entire article...

8/26/13 11:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very excited to see Barnett back in the UFC.
8/26/13 11:04 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War warm ass durrrrr.

Team title defense.

Fan4lyfe Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 11:10 AM
MartialArtsMixed
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 11:18 AM
Mix6APlix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Potato.
8/26/13 11:21 AM
chokeyou

Poor Mir
8/26/13 11:24 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
So glad he's back.
8/26/13 11:49 AM
tdotguy

What a joke!

Vitamin S took the belt away from you, its written in history you two time loser.

Barnett getting popped for vitamin S was also why Affliction folded.
8/26/13 11:57 AM
Happiness Bunny
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tdotguy - What a joke!

Vitamin S took the belt away from you, its written in history you two time loser.

You are a joke.
8/26/13 12:00 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction folded because they were already well on the way to folding, and out of desperation put all their eggs in one basket. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:01 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and, war warmaster! Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:11 PM
tdotguy

Happiness Bunny - 
tdotguy - What a joke!

You are a joke.

I may be a joke but what I said was factual.

He was caught twice using a banned substance.

He was stripped of the belt as a result of this.

A 30 second google search will prove this.
8/26/13 12:12 PM
tdotguy

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Affliction folded because they were already well on the way to folding, and out of desperation put all their eggs in one basket. Phone Post 3.0

If you dont think that losing the main event in your second outting as a fight promotion caused Affliction to fold then so be it. Barnett getting popped had direct impact on that event not happening.
8/26/13 12:17 PM
tdotguy

I think its funny how quick people are to forget that Barnett was popped yet they bring into question Cyborg's entire career after getting popped once.
8/26/13 12:28 PM
thomas lovely
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets assume he never got popped for steroids. going off of "to be the man you have to beat the man", who is the champ. barnett loses to crocop. crocop to nog. nog to fedor. fedor to werdum. then I kind of forget. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:35 PM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger - Very excited to see Barnett back in the UFC.

War Barnett! Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:35 PM
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thomas lovely - lets assume he never got popped for steroids. going off of "to be the man you have to beat the man", who is the champ. barnett loses to crocop. crocop to nog. nog to fedor. fedor to werdum. then I kind of forget. Phone Post 3.0

... Werdum lost to Overeem, who lost to Antonio Silva, Bigfoot was then defeated by The Champ.

8/26/13 12:43 PM
McBottery
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is finally going to regain his belt on Saturday?

8/26/13 12:47 PM
Triangle Choked
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger -
thomas lovely - lets assume he never got popped for steroids. going off of "to be the man you have to beat the man", who is the champ. barnett loses to crocop. crocop to nog. nog to fedor. fedor to werdum. then I kind of forget. Phone Post 3.0

... Werdum lost to Overeem, who lost to Antonio Silva, Bigfoot was then defeated by The Champ.

Well that worked out nicely. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:53 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

thomas lovely - lets assume he never got popped for steroids. going off of "to be the man you have to beat the man", who is the champ. barnett loses to crocop. crocop to nog. nog to fedor. fedor to werdum. then I kind of forget. Phone Post 3.0
Overeem Bigfoot Cain. It's been unified already. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 12:55 PM
eljamaiquino

tdotguy -
Happiness Bunny - 
tdotguy - What a joke!

You are a joke.

I may be a joke but what I said was factual.

He was caught twice using a banned substance.

He was stripped of the belt as a result of this.

A 30 second google search will prove this.
He has actually been caught 3 times for AS. That's the most ever in mma iirc..... Phone Post
8/26/13 12:58 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Mustard Tiger -

Beat me by 18 minutes voted up lol. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:11 PM
chokeyou

Happiness Bunny - 
tdotguy - What a joke!

You are a joke.

HB hit the real with a sledge hammer.

#WARMASTER
8/26/13 1:12 PM
chokeyou

tdotguy - 
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Affliction folded because they were already well on the way to folding, and out of desperation put all their eggs in one basket. Phone Post 3.0

If you dont think that losing the main event in your second outting as a fight promotion caused Affliction to fold then so be it. Barnett getting popped had direct impact on that event not happening.

brock

lesnar...
8/26/13 1:20 PM
FullyLoadedFists

Josh Barnett! Real Champ! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.