UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> This is how Benson steals rounds and fights (pics)

8/26/13 1:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/13 1:24 PM

At the end of every round, Benson likes to throw his damn hands up in the air and have us all worship his dominance. He did it twice to Frankie and then again to Gilbert swaying the opinion of the judges. Fortunately, its Showtime and a new king will be crowned via KO. War Pettis!

8/26/13 1:26 PM
MediumRareMistake
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol well against Frankie he seemed to land a few good blows or a takedown and to end the rounds, one frankie was caught in a guillotine to end it, but my memory isn't the best, it very well could just be the arm flailing you mentioned :) Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:27 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Full retard Phone Post
8/26/13 1:28 PM
T Bag

Lol seriously? Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:35 PM
GaryColeman

How do you have so many up votes? I'm going to assume your posts are usually of a higher standard and you're just having an off day today. Get well soon. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:37 PM
Winston Wolf

the judges must be in jr high if thats all u have to do
8/26/13 1:38 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Well apparently that didnt work for him at the BJJ Worlds. My buddy just text me that he lost in the brown belt division... Phone Post
8/26/13 1:39 PM
BrattMamley
1193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Pettis fan and an even bigger Frankie fan. I'll still never get over those losses. Especially the 2nd one. And wow at the people who can't recognize a joke.

8/26/13 1:41 PM
MasterofMartialArts
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure this is a troll so not sure how to respond other than.....

WAR SMOOTH!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 1:53 PM
ipponssting
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - Well apparently that didnt work for him at the BJJ Worlds. My buddy just text me that he lost in the brown belt division... Phone Post
Didn't he recently get a black belt? And he's competing in ADCC this year too right? Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 2:13 PM
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrattMamley -

I'm a huge Pettis fan and an even bigger Frankie fan. I'll still never get over those losses. Especially the 2nd one. And wow at the people who can't recognize a joke.

Just wasn't funny brah. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 2:18 PM
Rudi

This + sidestep= GOAT Phone Post
8/26/13 2:26 PM
zazen br

Benson cock guy. No hespect, just cock. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 2:31 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's his toothpick.
8/26/13 2:39 PM
cdmontgo
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop hatin'. The man is an anteater.
8/26/13 2:41 PM
UGCTT_BluePlease
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/13 2:41 PM

8/26/13 3:03 PM
Se7enout

Bendo=
loss to Pettis wec title
Loss to edger ufc title
Loss to edger ufc title
Loss to Melendez ufc title

The only title fight he has won is against Nate Diaz.
8/26/13 3:04 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BluePlease - 

Perfectly played sir. VTFU!
8/26/13 3:07 PM
MartialArtsMixed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaryColeman - How do you have so many up votes? I'm going to assume your posts are usually of a higher standard and you're just having an off day today. Get well soon. Phone Post 3.0
Heard of a thread called "vote up the person above you " or "vtfu thread"? Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 3:08 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And is all the Bendo love directly related to the Jesusin' he does or do you all seriously find his fights entertaining? I ask this in all seriousness. He hasn't finished a fight since 2010 and has some crazy superstitious toothpick. Help me understand.
8/26/13 3:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Se7enout - Bendo=
loss to Pettis wec title
Loss to edger ufc title
Loss to edger ufc title

Beat Cerrone with UD to win WEC interim championship
Beat Jamie Varner by guillotine to unify WEC championship
Beat Cerrone by guillotine to defend WEC championship Phone Post
8/26/13 3:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedDragons - And is all the Bendo love directly related to the Jesusin' he does or do you all seriously find his fights entertaining? I ask this in all seriousness. He hasn't finished a fight since 2010 and has some crazy superstitious toothpick. Help me understand.
You seriously haven't found his fights entertaining? He's had two slower fights, each of them fought at the pace Melendez and Edgar prefer.

If you didn't find his performance against Diaz, Guida, Edgar 1, Miller, or Pettis entertaining I'm not really sure what to tell you. Some people enjoy watching really good fights, not just violent finishes.

Finishes just flat out don't happen very often when elite lightweights fight each other. Phone Post
8/26/13 3:24 PM
RedDragons

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
RedDragons - And is all the Bendo love directly related to the Jesusin' he does or do you all seriously find his fights entertaining? I ask this in all seriousness. He hasn't finished a fight since 2010 and has some crazy superstitious toothpick. Help me understand.
You seriously haven't found his fights entertaining? He's had two slower fights, each of them fought at the pace Melendez and Edgar prefer.

If you didn't find his performance against Diaz, Guida, Edgar 1, Miller, or Pettis entertaining I'm not really sure what to tell you. Some people enjoy watching really good fights, not just violent finishes.

Finishes just flat out don't happen very often when elite lightweights fight each other. Phone Post

Never meant to imply that he hasn't had entertaining fights. But the criticism is always there when a fighter who is at the top rattles off a string of decisions....was there with GSP, and I feel the same way you do. But then I see a guy like Anderson and how he goes for the win every time out. Its an old point of debate.

I asked the question (half-tongue in cheek) because despite the criticisms, he has rabid supporters and I just find him, for lack of a better description, to be kind of a cheeseball. That's all.

And the argument that he only fights the cream of the crop and tha'ts why he doesn't get the finish is thin. Again, champs like Aldo, Silva, Valasquez prove that one moot. Does Benson play it safe most of the time though??
8/26/13 3:26 PM
Se7enout

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Se7enout - Bendo=
loss to Pettis wec title
Loss to edger ufc title
Loss to edger ufc title

Beat Cerrone with UD to win WEC interim championship
Beat Jamie Varner by guillotine to unify WEC championship
Beat Cerrone by guillotine to defend WEC championship Phone Post

Cerrone and Varner are not on pace with Edgar, Melendez and Pettis. I'm not saying Ben shouldn't be talked about with these 3 as I think Ben, Edgar, Pettis and Gil are the top 4 lw's in the world but Ben is at the bottom of that list.
As for his excitement value, hell yes he is exciting. Even if he isn't going for the finish he is always in a fast paced fight constantly striking, looking for takedowns. He is active on the ground but I don't think he is really looking for the finish and that's fine to me but when you are not looking to finish don't be surprised when people say well he really didn't beat this guy or he was gifted this decision.
You want to be talked about like Anderson was when he was champ? Then finish the competition make it look like they have no business in there with you.
8/26/13 3:31 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.