UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha Tate: Girls are better at MMA than guys

8/26/13 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/13 3:13 PM

"Finally, it's time that we get that recognition. Dana's finally paying attention and I feel like the rest of the world is finally paying attention, too. I knew if we could just get that first time, watching women's MMA, that people would be hooked because we always come to fight. We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do."

LOL

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/26/4660174/ufc-168-tuf-18-shoot-video-miesha-tate-girls-better-boys-mma#comments

8/26/13 3:16 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If only i could speak my mind without getting the hammer. Phone Post
8/26/13 3:18 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -  If only i could speak my mind without getting the hammer. Phone Post

8/26/13 3:19 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

8/26/13 3:21 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oprah can't even co-sign that shit

8/26/13 3:23 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really tho, not a big deal at all.

she has said much more silly things in the recent past
8/26/13 3:26 PM
SnapLocally
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate = Fedor w/vagina

??
8/26/13 3:33 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

. Phone Post
8/26/13 3:34 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/26/13 3:37 PM
Primitive Mischief

Uhh. Sure? Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 3:38 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Generally speaking, the average female MMA fight is more exciting the average male fight. English isn't my first language but it seems like she meant it in that way, which is true.

8/26/13 3:40 PM
Allen Hood

Must be referring to her boyfriend. If so that statement is true. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 3:41 PM
Herman Munster

Get back to me when a male UFC Champion wins every fight by armbar.

8/26/13 3:41 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

subwrassler -

Oprah can't even co-sign that shit

HAHAHAA Meisha is on crack Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 3:52 PM
Gin Tonic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Generally speaking, the average female MMA fight is more exciting the average male fight. English isn't my first language but it seems like she meant it in that way, which is true.

I agree with this to some extent. Women don't seem to have any "feel out" process when the fight starts.

They always seem to go at full speed. Makes for some exciting fast paced battles.
8/26/13 3:54 PM
subwrassler

the girls in the WSHH fight league are monsters and would kick a lot of guys asses.

fact.
8/26/13 3:55 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

subwrassler - really tho, not a big deal at all.

she has said much more silly things in the recent past
. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 3:56 PM
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Get back to me when a male UFC Champion wins every fight by armbar.

Get back to me when womens mma is even half as deep talent wise as male mma.

8/26/13 4:03 PM
Barbalos

subwrassler - the girls in the WSHH fight league are monsters and would kick a lot of guys asses.

fact.

Random guys? Yes of course. Trained male MMA fighters? Not a chance.
8/26/13 4:18 PM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only reason girls fight seem more exciting is because they use less technique. Standing up 90% of the girls just wing punches hoping to land one.
8/26/13 4:20 PM
DiscipleDojo
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she's saying that generally the women fight more all out and less concerned with points and decisions, I can't say I disagree too much.

8/26/13 4:23 PM
easedel

DiscipleDojo - 

If she's saying that generally the women fight more all out and less concerned with points and decisions, I can't say I disagree too much.

This
8/26/13 4:25 PM
Kenso
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of damage a woman can produce to another one has nothing in comparison to what a man can inflict to another one if going full speed. No wonder they seem to be more exciting.
8/26/13 4:25 PM
chawkins
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/13 4:27 PM
OK, now let's have a male athlete say the exact same thing, with the genders reversed, and see how long it takes for him to be shamed, decried as a misogynist, suspended, and forced to make a public apology.

Didn't everyone flip out and shit on GSP when he said he wasn't very interested in WMMA?
8/26/13 4:28 PM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 

But even that is bullshit.

The women's fights are usually entertaining not because they fight harder, but because they are all sloppy brawlers. I enjoy women's MMA, but the skill level reminds me of mid-to-late 1990s men's MMA. None of them understand how to defend themselves from strikes. They just wade in and throw. It's entertaining to watch, but it doesn't mean they are fighting harder.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.