UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha Tate: Girls are better at MMA than guys

8/26/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Abeleko
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything you can do I can better... Hey she's trying to promote, I guess the guys do that better though Phone Post
8/26/13 4:46 PM
InTheWeedz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff -

"Finally, it's time that we get that recognition. Dana's finally paying attention and I feel like the rest of the world is finally paying attention, too. I knew if we could just get that first time, watching women's MMA, that people would be hooked because we always come to fight. We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do."

LOL

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/26/4660174/ufc-168-tuf-18-shoot-video-miesha-tate-girls-better-boys-mma#comments

Silly Chick... Tricks are for kids... #Cute... But no one believes this... Phone Post
8/26/13 4:48 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha.
HOLY SHIT THAT IS ADORABLE.

Why do the top 2 known female mma fighters say such silly things? Seriously, stop interviewing them Phone Post
8/26/13 4:49 PM
SnapLocally
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sextoymagic - Fuck her and her stupid fucking opinion. Someone put a dick in this dumb cunts mouth. Phone Post 3.0
Woah, slow down bro.

You're coming uncomfortably close to almost fighter-bashing. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 4:50 PM
HandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/26/13 4:52 PM
ajl416az

pretty much every female fighter is mentally as tough and gritty as the very toughest male fighters, because you have to have an extraordinarily huge chip on your shoulder to want to be a fighter if you are a girl.

but if she meant that they were actually more skilled or anything like that, she's talking out of her ass.
8/26/13 4:55 PM
InTheWeedz

ajl416az - pretty much every female fighter is mentally as tough and gritty as the very toughest male fighters, because you have to have an extraordinarily huge chip on your shoulder to want to be a fighter if you are a girl.

but if she meant that they were actually more skilled or anything like that, she's talking out of her ass.
That's clearly where she was going... Phone Post
8/26/13 4:56 PM
Jack_Bauer
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
Gobulcoque - She isn't wrong, the girls usually fight like they want to kill each other.. something that is pretty rare in Mens fights lately.

It's not that they fight harder. They just fight like rock-em-sock-em robots because they don't know how to slip punches or use footwork to get in-and-out of the pocket without getting hit. It's exciting, but it has nothing to do with effort and everything to do with (a lack of) skill.

This.

8/26/13 5:24 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster -

Get back to me when a male UFC Champion wins every fight by armbar.

Rickson Gracie…and he hasn't fraught in the last 15 years or so Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 5:25 PM
mata_leao
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOLburgers!! Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 6:09 PM
MAINMAYNARD

KingofBJJ -

I actually agree with her.  Women have been far more exciting and technical in their fights every since Ali's daughter brought women into boxing and by proxy Muay Tha and MMA spotlight.  Even when Chuck Norris's World Combat League was around, it was always the women who put on the best fights.

I think that I mentioned this before and Dana even agreed.

I don't know why they are so technical and exciting?  It seems that because women were't brought to fight, that they soaked up every aspect of the game and since women hate other women, they always came out as if it were personal.

? Phone Post
8/26/13 6:11 PM
pegson123

I'm one of the biggest advocators of wmma. I love it.

But no the women are not better than the men Phone Post
8/26/13 6:16 PM
slamming

sextoymagic - Fuck her and her stupid fucking opinion. Someone put a dick in this dumb cunts mouth. Phone Post 3.0
I'd like you to tell the room how you really feel. Without holding back this time. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 6:17 PM
ABE FROMAN
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ the UGBlog headline. She didn't say women are better at MMA, she said they fight harder.

Everybody on this board should be agreeing with the amount of 'BOOOOORING' or 'ZZZZZZZZZ' threads during every event.

When was the last time we wrote 'ZZZZZZZZZZ' during a women's fight? Not never.

8/26/13 6:29 PM
Leigh
828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this the same as when she said 9 times out of 10 wrestling beats Judo? She likes to use that term a lot but applies it out of context.

I.E. a state level wrestler (Tate) will not take down a judo Olympic medalist 9/10. And, as already stated, there are reasons why women stand and Wang more than men, namely a smaller talent pool and drastically less power in their punches.

I'm not shitting on female fighters but context must be given. Phone Post
8/26/13 6:42 PM
AlphaMaleJP
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue plz embed:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/michael-jordan-laughing/ Phone Post
8/26/13 6:56 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real life? Womens MMA is no where close to the same skill level as mens mma. Most womens MMA fights look like fights I was in during 3rd grade recess. There are some solid competitors in womens MMA but its few and far between. Nice try Tate!
8/26/13 7:02 PM
DiscipleDojo
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

LOL @ the UGBlog headline. She didn't say women are better at MMA, she said they fight harder.

Everybody on this board should be agreeing with the amount of 'BOOOOORING' or 'ZZZZZZZZZ' threads during every event.

When was the last time we wrote 'ZZZZZZZZZZ' during a women's fight? Not never.

Yeah, people just read the silly headline and feel like they have to immediately show how "alpha" they are...mainly by not reading or comprehending (both of which are pretty "beta" activities).

Whoever said women don't fight as skilled or technical as men has obviously never watched an Invicta card. Ever.

8/26/13 7:10 PM
ABE FROMAN
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do.""We fight really hard and nine times out of 10, we do it better than the boys do."

8/26/13 7:14 PM
7/13neverForget

Gin Tonic -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Generally speaking, the average female MMA fight is more exciting the average male fight. English isn't my first language but it seems like she meant it in that way, which is true.

I agree with this to some extent. Women don't seem to have any "feel out" process when the fight starts.

They always seem to go at full speed. Makes for some exciting fast paced battles.
How many women have 1 shot ko power. So they can do more where as a man could just drop you if rush in Phone Post
8/26/13 7:29 PM
RollHighAllDay

I would agree that the women's fights have been exciting in the UFC, although I would have to say that if the one woman's fight on a UFC card was not exciting and or boring, that the UFC would have failed horribly on the marketing of their new division. If there was or is a boring fight in the woman's UFC division, then everybody would say so and every woman would hear it. They are lucky there hasn't been one yet, and they're lucky the UFC has done a good job lighting the fire under their ass and put on the right fights. Plus of Ronda wasn't arm barring everyone then getting in the first round and being a drama queen, there'd be no Wufc period and no men are more than twice as good as woman. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 7:30 PM
MCchoke
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe not 9 times out of ten
but in general they do seem to get at it more imo.
8/26/13 7:41 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

You should work for the UG News with a misleading title like that Phone Post
8/26/13 7:49 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

Oh hey my prediction came true.

8/26/13 7:54 PM
ajl416az

JustTheTip - "Hands down chin up" was the motto for the Cat/Meisha fight

every chick fight, you mean?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.