UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha Tate: Girls are better at MMA than guys

8/26/13 7:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chromium
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

Oh hey my prediction came true.

8/26/13 7:54 PM
ajl416az
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustTheTip - "Hands down chin up" was the motto for the Cat/Meisha fight

every chick fight, you mean?
8/26/13 8:15 PM
MT11

Just like all women's sports are better than men's.....name them. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 8:16 PM
MT11

ajl416az -
JustTheTip - "Hands down chin up" was the motto for the Cat/Meisha fight

every chick fight, you mean?
Voted up Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 8:18 PM
BTS
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never, in any sporting event, rooted against both opponents simultaneously like I do for this upcoming fight. Man it is tough to like those two...
8/26/13 8:37 PM
56sav

Women are in the UFC for one and only reason and that's that they're hot. If they weren't attractive and guys didn't like checking them out in spandex there would be 0 attention from anybody.
Let them weigh in, promote, and fight in board shorts/rashguards and see what happens.
8/26/13 8:56 PM
Rox19
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gin Tonic -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Generally speaking, the average female MMA fight is more exciting the average male fight. English isn't my first language but it seems like she meant it in that way, which is true.

I agree with this to some extent. Women don't seem to have any "feel out" process when the fight starts.

They always seem to go at full speed. Makes for some exciting fast paced battles.
Lol @ the Opera gif.

I dunno I'd say 9 out of 10, but yeah, not so much feeling out process, and fights are usually pretty darn exciting. Phone Post
8/26/13 8:57 PM
Rox19
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean "Oprah " not opera XD Phone Post
8/26/13 8:59 PM
CRE

ABE FROMAN I suggest you calm down, before I calm you down.
8/26/13 9:45 PM
D TRE
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Generally speaking, the average female MMA fight is more exciting the average male fight. English isn't my first language but it seems like she meant it in that way, which is true.

What is your first language? Phone Post
8/26/13 11:28 PM
HardHittingHeeb

I'm the biggest chauvenist I know. But women just scrap. And they bleed fo sho.

I can beat them all, but I do like me a good catfight.
8/26/13 11:35 PM
ChaosOverkill
470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.beatthatbitchup.com/

They are certainly super skilled in this organization!

8/27/13 1:15 AM
rbl
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respectfully disagree with Ms Tate. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 1:27 AM
TuLegit

Caraway and puttin that bitch in line. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 3:24 AM
King Willy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_QR4KeSp4

This looks awfully similar to her last fight...
8/27/13 3:53 AM
MMAfan1million

Allen Hood - Must be referring to her boyfriend. If so that statement is true. Phone Post 3.0
This! :). Agreed, Miesha - 9 out of 10 times you fight better than Mr. Tate. Still - you both suck... Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 3:57 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

time to stfu already.. because this is nonsense

8/27/13 6:42 AM
Leigh
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/13 6:46 AM
8/27/13 8:41 AM
dangerboy12
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guys in toughman fight hard too lol.

When one of these girls actually gets knocked out, not merely stopped, that girl will no longer fight like she has nothing to lose.

I very much is like toughman. Most of the guys in toughman have never been punched hard in their life. They don't have that fear that someone who has been punched hard has. Luckily for the women, there is a good chance they will never be punched hard, and they don't have to have that fear.

8/27/13 8:50 AM
The Sultan
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9 out of ten is a really high percentage. I'd say at least 2 out of ten. Aside from the top top girls, women's mma is boring as hell. Most have terrible striking and mediocre grappling at best.

Holly holm, Gina carano, cat, ronda rousey, meisha, liz and a few others are great fighters. After them, the talent drops off significantly. Phone Post
8/27/13 8:51 AM
keepthechange

The prevalence of sloppy hip throws that end with the person pulling mount doesn't do much to appease my appreciation for the technical aspects of mixed martial arts. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 9:33 AM
MakeMeBleed
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fallon Fox fights women so he can get some real compitition dammit Phone Post
8/27/13 9:42 AM
shadsnips

9 times out of 10 woman in the WNBA are more technically sound then NBA players... But I still don't fucking watch the WNBA Phone Post
8/27/13 9:46 AM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keepthechange - The prevalence of sloppy hip throws that end with the person pulling mount doesn't do much to appease my appreciation for the technical aspects of mixed martial arts. Phone Post 3.0

The headlock to hip toss is probably the single most common takedown in WMMA. It cracks me up every time I see it.
8/27/13 9:49 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/13 9:50 AM
The Sultan -  9 out of ten is a really high percentage. I'd say at least 2 out of ten. Aside from the top top girls, women's mma is boring as hell. Most have terrible striking and mediocre grappling at best.

Holly holm, Gina carano, cat, ronda rousey, meisha, liz and a few others are great fighters. After them, the talent drops off significantly. Phone Post

Please Cyborg is better than that entire list. And your definition of "Great" leaves quite a bit to be desired.

As much as I like Cat, Holly, Rousey, Liz... they are not "Greats".

Even Gina, her body might be up there.. but please... She had an incomplete game at the end of the day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.