UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha Tate: Girls are better at MMA than guys

8/27/13 9:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keepthechange - The prevalence of sloppy hip throws that end with the person pulling mount doesn't do much to appease my appreciation for the technical aspects of mixed martial arts. Phone Post 3.0

The headlock to hip toss is probably the single most common takedown in WMMA. It cracks me up every time I see it.
8/27/13 9:49 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/13 9:50 AM
The Sultan -  9 out of ten is a really high percentage. I'd say at least 2 out of ten. Aside from the top top girls, women's mma is boring as hell. Most have terrible striking and mediocre grappling at best.

Holly holm, Gina carano, cat, ronda rousey, meisha, liz and a few others are great fighters. After them, the talent drops off significantly. Phone Post

Please Cyborg is better than that entire list. And your definition of "Great" leaves quite a bit to be desired.

As much as I like Cat, Holly, Rousey, Liz... they are not "Greats".

Even Gina, her body might be up there.. but please... She had an incomplete game at the end of the day.

8/27/13 9:49 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gobulcoque - She isn't wrong, the girls usually fight like they want to kill each other.. something that is pretty rare in Mens fights lately.

And how many KO's do you see from that? Men have a lot more respect for the power of their opponent.
8/27/13 10:18 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

Get back to me when a male UFC Champion wins every fight by armbar.

Get back to me when womens mma is even half as deep talent wise as male mma.

Getting back at you now. May want to do some research before running your mouth. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:28 AM
roperninja
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil999 -
Gobulcoque - She isn't wrong, the girls usually fight like they want to kill each other.. something that is pretty rare in Mens fights lately.

And how many KO's do you see from that? Men have a lot more respect for the power of their opponent.
Right on! Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:43 AM
MakeMeBleed
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

Getting back at you now. May want to do some research before running your mouth. Phone Post 3.0
To compair talent pools of male and female mma fighters is ignorant

Look I like hells kitchen too but to say men are as good in a kitchen as women because very very few are is also ignorant Phone Post
8/27/13 10:49 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

MakeMeBleed -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

Look I like hells kitchen too but to say men are as good in a kitchen as women because very very few are is also ignorant Phone Post
I agree, but with his statement i am correct. There are a ton of talented women who are all ufc worthy.

The comparisons to the wnba is a huge disservice.. Mostly trolls and people who havent watched any wmma. Sad. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:49 AM
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MakeMeBleed - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

Fair enough. The only reason I said that was because of HM original comment.

8/27/13 10:51 AM
Dugs95

Herman Munster -

Really bro? If the men's divisions were as weak as the ONE women's division, guys like Gsp would win via arm bar everytime! Wmma is young, not as many competitors so it's not as deep as men's... Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:57 AM
MakeMeBleed
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff -
MakeMeBleed - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

Fair enough. The only reason I said that was because of HM original comment.

Your comment is spot on bro I am in love with WMMA because they fight with such a amateur rage and pace it is not a sport it is raw and a damn mean fight

WMMA will evolve just like the men had to Phone Post
8/27/13 11:06 AM
aintitfun22
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edward Faaloloto vs Miesha Tate for #1 contenders match if Miesha loses to Ronda again. I honestly wonder who would win that match....
8/27/13 11:22 AM
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/13 12:30 PM
Misleading title is misleading.

Going harder =/= being better

Since women(right now) are less skilled/development than their male counterparts in MMA, and less tactics are implemented during their fights, you could argue they do go harder a lot of the times.

However, 9 out of 10 is still BS.
8/27/13 12:10 PM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The quote is a little confusing. If she's saying they fight harder than men 9 times out of 10, I guess that's arguable. Like another poster said though they can throw much more volume on the feet because they aren't worried about their opponents power. No one goes into a fight with Cyborg and recklessly fights their heart out, they go in somewhat tentatively.

But she may be saying they fight better than men 9 times out of 10, which is a little crazy, objectively WMMA is still very young and the technique hasn't reached the levels of their male counterparts, and it's still pretty far IMO. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 12:29 PM
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 - 

i'd sooner watch WMMA than the nonsense that is MMA, the women go in there and give it their all where as the men dont wanna lose and are quite happy for a points win.

WMMA>MMA

WMMA is MMA, genius.
8/27/13 12:29 PM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 
Chromium -

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

. Phone Post

ESL much?

She said we fight harder, AND 9 times out of 10 we're beter at MMA

I couldn't care less and think it's funny if anyone's offended by this, but lol to Ms. Tate... Lol
8/27/13 12:30 PM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - 
Rudi -  If only i could speak my mind without getting the hammer. Phone Post

8/27/13 12:32 PM
MattyECB

MattyECB - 
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 
Chromium -

The context is she's saying that they fight _harder_ 9 times out of 10. Christ. I predict this will be UG front page news within 2 hours anyway and everyone will act like an idiot.

. Phone Post

ESL much?

She said we fight harder, AND 9 times out of 10 we're beter at MMA

I couldn't care less and think it's funny if anyone's offended by this, but lol to Ms. Tate... Lol

Oh, unless the quote is just wrong, I can't actually load the video for some reason lol

In which case I rescind my LOL and supplant it with a milder lol since it's still kinda bullshit
8/27/13 12:53 PM
JJarvis_6

This is why women shouldn't be in the ufc , their is no way Miesha believes the shit she says , same goes for ronda Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 1:14 PM
ChippewaBJJ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh jeez... every time I hear some femi-Nazi talking about how men and women are equal in athletic endeavors I can't help but roll my eyes.

Fact is, the women's WORLD records in the 100, 200, and 400 meter dash are no faster than the male US HIGH SCHOOL records.  Not exactly parallel to MMA, but you get the idea.  The same trend follows for other athletic competitions which are timed or where measurements are recorded (long jump, throwing, etc.).

The women may be more exciting fighters, but that's for the same reason that most of the local amateur MMA shows are more exciting than UFC events.  Lack of skill = more thrashing about, more submissions, and more stunning KO's.

8/27/13 1:23 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't read this thread, but if you are even the tiniest bit outraged by what she said then you're a complete and utter moron.
8/27/13 2:26 PM
The Sultan
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidmans - we're talking about women's mma. My definition in this particular area is solely based on the female fighters.

My true definition of "great" is with male fighters. The particular skillsets of those I named have made some sort of impact on me in one way or another. Holms striking is smooth and crisp. I love rhondas grappling and ginas kickboxing is sick. Holm and gina have better technique than a lot of guys I've seen but yes they are incomplete. So what? I'd still watch them fight.

I purposely left cyborg off the list because she was juiced to the gills and we don't know how many of her wins would be so if she didn't have the strength of ten men. Phone Post
8/27/13 2:33 PM
ajl416az

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
MakeMeBleed -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

I agree, but with his statement i am correct. There are a ton of talented women who are all ufc worthy.

The comparisons to the wnba is a huge disservice.. Mostly trolls and people who havent watched any wmma. Sad. Phone Post 3.0

WNBA comparisons ARE a huge disservice, because WNBA players actually know how to play the game they get paid to play

every WNBA player is more skilled and proficient in their craft then every girl fighter other then Ronda.

think of that humiliating display of UFC 1 level grappling in the Kedzie fight

the WNBA equivalent of that shit show would have to be a player not knowing how to dribble/shoot the ball
8/27/13 3:03 PM
Keithadamberrydotcom
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WMMA is lacking strikers.

All of the UFC WMMA fighters are grapplers.

I want to see some face punching!

8/27/13 3:31 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

ajl416az -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
MakeMeBleed -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BeatonHauff -
Herman Munster - 

WNBA comparisons ARE a huge disservice, because WNBA players actually know how to play the game they get paid to play

every WNBA player is more skilled and proficient in their craft then every girl fighter other then Ronda.

think of that humiliating display of UFC 1 level grappling in the Kedzie fight

the WNBA equivalent of that shit show would have to be a player not knowing how to dribble/shoot the ball
LOL wow... The idiocy here is beyond anything i've EVER read on this site. You get the gold retard star for the decade. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 3:56 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny, alot of fans who spend time reminiscing about the good ol days of MMA are probably the same people who talk crap about WMMA. And in their bitterness they will probably end up skipping the golden era of WMMA.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.