UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Michael Bisping says he could have easily KOed AS.

8/27/13 3:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/27/13 3:57 AM
mmamozza
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be fair, if Anderson carried on that exact way in front of just about any aggressive striker he would get starched.

He did his biggest tooling to guys like Leites and Maia who have very passive and rudimentary striking and got away with it.

He tried to do it with someone who likes to come forward and he got got. The head movement he used on guys like Rich, Forrest and Stephen was more controlled. Even the stuff against Chael was more controlled but Chael was super aggressive and had decent results.

That is the most ridiculous his antics have gotten as far as clowning too much and within striking distance. Still would have been world class if he didn't get caught though haha

8/27/13 4:02 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmamozza - 

To be fair, if Anderson carried on that exact way in front of just about any aggressive striker he would get starched.

He did his biggest tooling to guys like Leites and Maia who have very passive and rudimentary striking and got away with it.

He tried to do it with someone who likes to come forward and he got got. The head movement he used on guys like Rich, Forrest and Stephen was more controlled. Even the stuff against Chael was more controlled but Chael was super aggressive and had decent results.

That is the most ridiculous his antics have gotten as far as clowning too much and within striking distance. Still would have been world class if he didn't get caught though haha

We're talking Bisping here. KO just isn't in the cards

8/27/13 4:09 AM
LastMinuteReplacement
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been a fan for years, but stuff like this angers me
8/27/13 4:59 AM
Fmel88brawl

Haha!!! C'mon Bisping really? So one crazy punch combo by Weidman later and now everyone thinks they can KO Silva....... No, I don't think so Bisping I hate to say it but your always gonna be remembered as the "almost there" fighter, u can't KO the spider
8/27/13 7:25 AM
iodio

Why you even like the guy is something beyond my comprehension...
He's just a decent fighter who will hardly fight for the title since there's alwasy a better contendere out there.
8/27/13 7:46 AM
Mr Makaveli

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABBABABABANABHNAHBHHAHJAKKJW

CAN'T BREATHE. THANK YOU MICHAEL I NEEDED THAT.

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 8:12 AM
Morgz
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whether you agree or not (it seems most do not), Bisping SHOULD think this. Any fighter should. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 8:32 AM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it was the exact same Anderson that showed up against Weidman, then yes, he probably would have KO'd him. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 9:10 AM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
Chris Weidened My Sphincter - If it was the exact same Anderson that showed up against Weidman, then yes, he probably would have KO'd him. Phone Post 3.0
That Anderson has been the same guy in every fight I'm not sure who u have been watching Phone Post 3.0
Oh please. This is the argument going round that is just bullshit. Yes, he has his hands down and slips punches normally, looks fancy or whatever.
But he's never got as carried away with it as he did in the Weidman fight. He went way overboard. He was acting stupid.

I remember watching the fight in shock at what Anderson was doing. I've never felt like that before watching his other fights, so he definitely was not acting the same way he always does. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 2:20 PM
Morgz
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/13 3:56 PM
Pitbull3744 - 
Morgz - Whether you agree or not (it seems most do not), Bisping SHOULD think this. Any fighter should. Phone Post 3.0
True but since Bisping never ever ever ever ever knocks anyone out his talking about it makes him look stupid and foolish.

He literally says before every fight that he will KO his opponent. Phone Post 3.0

The irony is definitely not lost on me.  I just remember an old interview with Chuck Liddell, when the interviewer told him that his opponent (whomever it was) has just stated he was going to knock Chuck out.  Chuck's reply was something along the lines of what I posted (I was actually copying Chuck).  Instead of being pissed or intimidated by the comment, Chuck just said "He's a fighter.  He should think he's going to win...I don't want to fight someone who doesn't think that way".

LIkewise, I wouldn't want to pay to watch someone fight that doesn't think they are going to KTFO their opponent. Sure, Bisping hasn't KO'd anyone in a LONG time (and no, the Mayham and Jorge tko's don't really count) -- so I get the LOL's of this thread.  I just think it's good that he's confident, even if it's a tad overly confident

8/27/13 3:39 PM
ranier wolfcastle
951 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/27/13 3:43 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly brit Phone Post
8/27/13 6:03 PM
Dreville79
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he say he could knock out a Silva giving 100%? No. He said if Silva acts like a clown like that against him, he wins easy. As would anyone, bar Maia who just got confused Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 6:12 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 08/27/13 6:20 PM

TTT
8/27/13 9:53 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should do stand up!!! Phone Post
8/27/13 10:03 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Why would Silva be afraid of Bispings takedowns? Silva fought the way he did to discourage the takedown after the very dominant and 1 sided first round in favor of Weidman
8/27/13 11:37 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/28/13 2:57 PM

McPillows has ONE KO on his record against a cabbie. All of a sudden he's going to manifest KO power against the greatest fighter to live? 

Someone's head has swelled, because he reads the UKTTT posts only. He needs no less than 30 strikes to get a ref to stop a fight and most times the fighter is still standing. 

He's just trying to troll his way into a payday. He KNOWS he wouldn't last a minute. He wants that last big paycheck before he rides off into the sunset as one of the UFC's greatest gatekeepers. 

8/28/13 3:40 AM
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - More wanker delusions from a gatekeeper 4 life......
Can't wait til this asshat gets banned. Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 5:28 AM
edock02
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why? that's all Bisping will ever be.
a fooking gatekeeper... most protected one in UFC's history
8/28/13 5:34 AM
Tilla

I honestly can't stand Bisping.

He doesn't have an ounce of class in him.

He plays up the fighter part (see any weigh-in of his, it's completely false), always talks about KO'ing people (he has NEVER KO'ed ANYBODY of any worth) and is a pain in the arse when he talks about beating elite fighters. He'll NEVER beat an elite fighter, ever.

I'm British, so I should be backing him, but I just can't...
8/28/13 11:26 AM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup chris sure made it look easy, but pillow fists is dreaming

8/28/13 11:32 AM
BradGluckman
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff - 

Obviously it would always be a dream of mine to fight Anderson Silva and be the guy to take the title, of course. Yeah I was a little disappointed and I'm not taking anything away from his win, but we all know Anderson Silva was acting like an idiot and he got knocked out. It would have been nice to be the guy that did it, so congratulations to Chris, he's the new champion and certainly a formidable force at middleweight, but yeah, it stinks a little. I could have done that. I could have easily done that."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/26/4661060/chris-weidman-michael-bisping-easily-knocked-out-anderson-silva-ufc-mma#comments

8/28/13 11:46 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

MediumRareMistake - 
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's - I think his point is that Anderson threw it away rather than he could knock Anderson out in general. Context. Phone Post 3.0
This lol Phone Post 3.0

Yes. 

The problem is that Anderson would NEVER have been fighting like that against a striker like Bisping. Not even close. 

8/28/13 12:23 PM
mrspeakershere

mike vs chris, dunno.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.