UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort: TRT not reason I fight in Brazil

8/26/13 8:16 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Some fans and media have accused the UFC of purposely using Vitor Belfort only in Brazil to shield him from the strict drug testing of athletic commissions stateside. UFC President Dana White has denied the claim and Belfort today told the MMA Hour his reasons:

"A lot of fighters are on TRT right now, (but) everybody’s saying that’s why I fight there," Belfort said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "But I believe the reason why I fight in Brazil is because I sell a lot in Brazil. I miss fighting in Las Vegas and other places, but I don’t see any problems that I’m not fighting (there) because I sell big in Brazil. Makes sense for them and makes sense for me."

For those who claim Belfort isn’t well tested when he fights in Brazil, he has an answer for that. And "The Phenom" warns Henderson that, if he applies for TRT, he will have to do some extra tests.

"Brazil is the only place that they do blood tests after the fight," he said. "Now, I’m fighting a guy who’s on TRT too. They are very surprised that they will have to test blood too. Two months before the fight I have to do blood tests, at least once a month. I do that on my own every week too. It’s important. I’m just trying to be fair with everybody and also with myself."

read entire article...

8/26/13 8:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sillypants
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm ok. Prove it. Fight in Vegas if you miss it. I like that Vitor is a new animal in there but its Clearly due to TRT, and it'd be nice to see him in a place we know does good testing by an established commision. Phone Post
8/26/13 8:22 PM
sillypants
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sillypants - Umm ok. Prove it. Fight in Vegas if you miss it. I like that Vitor is a new animal in there but its Clearly due to TRT, and it'd be nice to see him in a place we know does good testing by an established commision. Phone Post
Cindy Phone Post
8/26/13 8:39 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God I'm so stoked for his fight with Dan, who gives a fuck if he's on TRT. Phone Post
8/26/13 9:09 PM
BernardHopkins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injector Dan vs Cheator Belfort

8/26/13 9:12 PM
Vikingknee

sillypants - Umm ok. Prove it. Fight in Vegas if you miss it. I like that Vitor is a new animal in there but its Clearly due to TRT, and it'd be nice to see him in a place we know does good testing by an established commision. Phone Post
Clearly due to trt? Lol ignorance is bliss Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 9:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he has plenty of other reasons for saying no to guys like Machida and and Mousasi in America. Phone Post
8/26/13 11:37 PM
Pessimist_Pete

"Two months before the fight I have to do blood tests, at least once a month. I do that on my own every week too. It’s important."

Anyone else detect something very revealing in the above quoted statement? Phone Post 3.0
8/26/13 11:44 PM
ChaosOverkill
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If anyone has more question, talk to my Jesus... I mean my lawyer... I mean Jesus is my lawyer!"

8/26/13 11:44 PM
newjack900
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish BJ Penn - Shogun - & Overeem could only fight in Brazil lol
8/26/13 11:49 PM
crossfire

This is getting embarrassing , yeah good for you Vitor doing extra tests and shit. You wouldn't need that in Vegas cause there is no fucking way they would give you an UE ! Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 12:22 AM
soremano

pretty fucked up they let cheal fight in nevada but not vitor

8/27/13 7:56 AM
ChrisJPN
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He defends himself way too much about this issue. It would be simple to shut down all the talk by taking a fight in Vegas or California. If he feels such a need to defend himself on an almost weekly basis, maybe he should insist on it.
8/27/13 8:02 AM
edock02

As Wallid Ismail would say " boolsheet "
8/27/13 8:17 AM
Ramon Maroni

big_roy_fan - ya, its the reason he doesn't fight in nevada though

8/27/13 9:28 AM
Vikingknee

Pitbull3744 -
I delivered U -
Pessimist_Pete - "Two months before the fight I have to do blood tests, at least once a month. I do that on my own every week too. It’s important."

Anyone else detect something very revealing in the above quoted statement? Phone Post 3.0

Vitor also submits the weekly results to the UFC.
Yeah as if that is hard to manipulate lolol the naiveness around here is mind boggling.

I knew he would bring that up and deny that it's why he fights in brazil. Has Vitor lied throughout his whole career? Phone Post 3.0
Can you explain to us how to manipulate test levels on a weekly basis with a Blood test? Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 9:38 AM
BernardHopkins

Vikingknee - 
Pitbull3744 -
I delivered U -
Pessimist_Pete - "Two months before the fight I have to do blood tests, at least once a month. I do that on my own every week too. It’s important."

Vitor also submits the weekly results to the UFC.
Yeah as if that is hard to manipulate lolol the naiveness around here is mind boggling.

I knew he would bring that up and deny that it's why he fights in brazil. Has Vitor lied throughout his whole career? Phone Post 3.0
Can you explain to us how to manipulate test levels on a weekly basis with a Blood test? Phone Post 3.0

eeat 3 bananas before testing and the potassium will make his testosterone appear average for 4 hours

8/27/13 10:40 AM
AK-BJJ

He should fight in Vegas without an exemption and cycle properly like everybody else just to stop this madness already... It's getting old

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.