UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Pettis beats Benson, Grant will beat Pettis

8/27/13 10:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Leben is a Zombie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pettis defeats Benson, TJ Grant will beat Pettis. Grant reminds me of a hockey goon. He has KO power, he's durable and his wrestling is good enough to keep Pettis uncomfortable

Grant deserves the next shot, and IMO should get the Benson/Pettis winner. I know Dana wanted him in yet another No.1 contender match, but Grant is 5-0 as a lightweight and just destroyed Maynard. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:46 AM
undisputed1972

He'll have to wait until after Pettis-Bendo III.
8/27/13 10:51 AM
tdunning
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

undisputed1972 - He'll have to wait until after Pettis-Bendo III.

Fuck that.. I don't care how close this fight is, I don't want to see an immediate rematch
8/27/13 11:03 AM
Leck Brosnar

Apart from Aldo(let's see how he handles bigger wrestlers), I don't think anyone currently in the LW division has the potential to be as dominant a champion like Aldo, GSP, Jones, Silva. Nurmagomedov might have the potential like that though.
8/27/13 11:28 AM
7/13neverForget

No pettis vs guida 2 Phone Post
8/27/13 11:31 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Grant better be next in line

I don't care if Benson-Pettis is a razor thin, split decision robbery. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:32 AM
jragg32
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tdunning -
undisputed1972 - He'll have to wait until after Pettis-Bendo III.

Fuck that.. I don't care how close this fight is, I don't want to see an immediate rematch
If it's at 155, chances are it'll happen Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:33 AM
RockTheVote
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo will be next I bet. Especially if pettis wins. Phone Post
8/27/13 11:47 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

RockTheVote - Aldo will be next I bet. Especially if pettis wins. Phone Post
That is horseshit Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 12:34 PM
RockTheVote
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow the $... Phone Post
8/27/13 12:53 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

RockTheVote - Follow the $... Phone Post
I think Grant is what the "core" fans want to see Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 1:08 PM
stickman
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Grant would have a better shot against Henderson. Henderson is kind of a more dynamic Maynard, in my opinion and that style plays right in to TJ's hands.

TJ could use defensive wrestling to combad Ben's takedowns and Henderson has been shown to be vulnerable to striking attacks. WIth Grant's power, that's a dangerous situation for Ben.

With Pettis, on the other hand, I disagree with OP that TJ can use his wrestling to be a thorn in Anthony's side. Also, I think Pettis' striking technique/skills would negate Grant's power advantage.

Not saying one guy will win, or the other will win. Just that Grant has a better shot, IMHO against Henderson.

Nonetheless, would be fun to see any of those matchups as I'm rooting to TJ Grant!
8/27/13 2:10 PM
Brabatross

I wanted to see Grant vs Henderson so badly. Grant better be next in line.
8/27/13 3:56 PM
TheMarceMan
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think an immediate rematch is unlikely. If Pettis wins he'll be 2-0 vs Henderson and if Henderson wins, Pettis won't get another shot right away, Gilbert didn't. Phone Post
8/27/13 3:56 PM
Jimmy Rustler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis will not beat Benson

8/27/13 3:58 PM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/13neverForget -  No pettis vs guida 2 Phone Post

8/27/13 4:45 PM
THE CAPTAIN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed
8/27/13 4:48 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie - 
RockTheVote - Aldo will be next I bet. Especially if pettis wins. Phone Post
That is horseshit Phone Post 3.0

And yet reality, unless the fight is decided by a razor thin decision, in which case we will likely see an immediate rematch between Bendo and Pettis.
8/27/13 5:14 PM
Don Silvio
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately, I think I probably agree with you.

Which makes me hopeful that Grant will encounter some second setback.

I REALLY want to see both Pettis/Aldo and Pettis/Melendez (which I guess I'm hopeful of emerging successive to him smashing Sanchez decisively)
8/27/13 9:19 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

stickman - I thought Grant would have a better shot against Henderson. Henderson is kind of a more dynamic Maynard, in my opinion and that style plays right in to TJ's hands.

TJ could use defensive wrestling to combad Ben's takedowns and Henderson has been shown to be vulnerable to striking attacks. WIth Grant's power, that's a dangerous situation for Ben.

With Pettis, on the other hand, I disagree with OP that TJ can use his wrestling to be a thorn in Anthony's side. Also, I think Pettis' striking technique/skills would negate Grant's power advantage.

Not saying one guy will win, or the other will win. Just that Grant has a better shot, IMHO against Henderson.

Nonetheless, would be fun to see any of those matchups as I'm rooting to TJ Grant!
You don't think Grant could use his Wrestling to keep Pettis thinking about stopping the takedown/not getting into a grove?

I think Pettis speed will be a major issue for Grant, and I actually think Grant would be a difficult task for either of them...man I sure hope he's next Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:47 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/28/13 2:59 AM

As long as Benson loses, the fans win. 

8/27/13 11:51 PM
FixedPartialArts

Grant's wrestling? His TD accuracy over his career is 44% with low volume. His TDD percentage is 37%. Those are bad numbers. By comparison, Pettis' TD accuracy is 77%. His TDD % is 65. Grant is a pedestrian wrestler. He's more of a BJJ/striker fighter. It's like Pettis gets beaten by one wrestler, all of a sudden he'll lose to them all. Pettis is 3-1 vs. notable Zuffa wrestlers, and if he beats Bendo like this hypothetical is dependent upon, he'd be 4-1. And he's going to lose to Grant on wrestling? Bendo is a much better wrestler than Grant, and Pettis would have beaten him twice. So your analysis makes zero sense. Pettis wouldn't stand in front of Grant like his previous opponents. He'd be using his superior speed, technique, and creativity to pick Grant apart from the outside. People are just picking Grant because he said it was a low down dirty move for Pettis trying to take his shot, and this is a fighter's board, so people are backing him up. But that has nothing to do with Pettis winning or losing. Pettis would put a low down dirty beatdown on Grant.
8/28/13 1:00 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Okay, Grant could win, I'm not saying he couldn't. But, Pettis would decapitate any "Hockey goon" on the face of the earth. Phone Post
9/1/13 12:34 AM
ausgepicht

ausgepicht - 

As long as Benson loses, the fans win. 

Looks like the fans win!!!!

9/1/13 12:47 AM
Mufasatheking

Grant first then aldo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.