UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bendo: I'm going to break Silva's record in 2016

8/27/13 10:31 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva is the most dominant champion in the history of the UFC, having successfully defended his middleweight title ten consecutive times. Not all is Benson Henderson planning on beating that record, he has already determined when it will happen:

Since the beginning, Henderson considered Silva to be a role model, an inspiration. He spoke early and often of one day becoming Silva's equal, then surpassing his hallowed record for consecutive UFC title defenses. Back then the mark seemed endless. After all, Silva wasn't going to lose anytime soon.

But he did. And now the number is set in stone. 10 title defenses.

"I'm going to break it in 2016," Henderson declares within the locker room of Glendale's MMA Lab. The statement seemingly comes out of nowhere, but Henderson's voice is steady.

"I should be able to break it by 2015, but because I'm getting married I'm going to take some time off for my honeymoon. That's going to set me back by about three to four months. But I have it down exactly. I know when I'm going to break it. It's going to be early 2016. I know what number I need to get. I know the amount of hard work it's going to take for me to get there. I know how much I've got to get beat up, I know how much I've got to practice. I'm aware of it. I know it. Now my goal is to go out there and go do it."

read entire article...

8/27/13 10:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
James Vagabond
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's CRE got for Hendo vs Pettis? Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:42 AM
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Pettis is going to catch him with a kick and end his night. It's a tough fight to pick a winner though. This fight is really a coin toss. Phone Post
8/27/13 10:48 AM
SLOtownG

Pettis is taking that strap convincingly on Saturday. Phone Post
8/27/13 10:56 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

I think Benson will win a decision that people will complain about. And I'm a big fan of both btw Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 10:59 AM
8flat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is everyone forgetting GSP? He's at 9 consecutive, it's foolish to assume he won't get past 10.
8/27/13 11:01 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Pettis being overwhelmed in the rematch. Pettis has a nice little streak but his struggles against Stephens and Guida have me favouring the champ.

Hopefully it's half as entertaining as the first fight and I'll be happy. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:02 AM
HandyDarsh
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8flat - Is everyone forgetting GSP? He's at 9 consecutive, it's foolish to assume he won't get past 10.
Hahah this, alot can change in 3 or 4 years Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:05 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -
8flat - Is everyone forgetting GSP? He's at 9 consecutive, it's foolish to assume he won't get past 10.
Jon Jones could catch him too if he sticks around at 205. Aldo is also at 7 defenses including WEC. Phone Post
8/27/13 11:05 AM
HandyDarsh
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/27/13 11:08 AM
hawaiidave

Or Bones could beat him to it as well. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:11 AM
8flat

HandyDarsh - 

Exactly. It's a moving target. Hell John Jones is already at 5, if he stays at 205 who knows how far he'd get.

Correction: GSP is technically only at 8, LOL, still way ahead of Bendo though.
8/27/13 11:14 AM
8flat

hawaiidave - 
Or Bones could beat him to it as well. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, or Aldo, hell he's already at 7! Bendo is foolish to count these guys out, he better focus on getting past Pettis who already beat him.
8/27/13 11:21 AM
GregNoActionJackson
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, just no. Phone Post
8/27/13 11:23 AM
ipponssting
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He hasn't thoroughly dominated any challenger outside of Nate Diaz yet. This means either the title could easily be held by any number of lightweights or Benson is the least likely of any champion to best Anderson's defences Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:44 AM
Matrixkick
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not happening Bendo! Pettis is taking what's his..

Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 11:51 AM
Y2JB

He could potentially beat it and still have zero finishes. He can take his boring decision style & overtly religious personality and get himself fucked right off.

Hopefully Petis gets the job done later this week.
8/27/13 11:57 AM
eljamaiquino

Gsp is at 8, but he's starting to slow down visibly. Bones is probably the best bet to blow past 10, as long as he stops getting injured after every fight.... Phone Post
8/27/13 12:13 PM
sycotik
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SLOtownG - Pettis is taking that strap convincingly on Saturday. Phone Post
. Phone Post
8/27/13 12:40 PM
Aaron Becker

Edited: 08/27/13 12:40 PM
Y2JB - He could potentially beat it and still have zero finishes. He can take his boring decision & overtly religious personality and get himself fucked right off.

Hopefully Petis gets the job done later this week.

wow, such hate from another person who's hate for Bendo roots from his religious beliefs. I bet you don't like that Vitor expresses his beliefs too
8/27/13 12:43 PM
8flat

Edited: 08/27/13 12:49 PM
Matrixkick...LOL....perfect, VTFU!
8/27/13 1:11 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's big talk coming from a guy that won 2/3 defenses by split decision. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/13 1:43 PM
tdunning
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering he barely won against Edgar & Melendez, he would have to far surpass Anderson's actual number of wins to surpass his level of dominance. Let's not forget that Anderson finished most of his fights, with a couple notably boring exceptions (Maia, Leites). He also moved up in weight and finished 3 guys from LHW as well.
8/27/13 2:40 PM
TapThat

He managed to equal Leonard Garcia's record for gift decisions in his last fight.

Anderson's record is the next logical step.
8/27/13 2:53 PM
ausgepicht

LMAO!

Says the guy who has most of his fight's end in close decisions. Your LUCK will run out eventually and since he prefers to fight safe and go to decisions, eventually the decision will not go your way or the judge's will fuck it up.

Hopefully, Pettis wins so we can have a champion who actually finishes fights. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.