UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator signs Kongo!

8/28/13 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AMartElbow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Booo Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 3:53 PM
epic hero

Good signing but some Russian dude will probably ko him
8/28/13 3:53 PM
JoeMimic
593 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator heavyweights guard your nuts! Kongo is here! Phone Post
8/28/13 3:55 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eye pokes and groin strikes for all. Hurrah. Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 3:58 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised, but good for him. Hopefully he finds success as he's definitely paid his dues. Phone Post
8/28/13 4:00 PM
Keithadamberrydotcom
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
8/28/13 4:00 PM
Malvert the Janitor
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does he rank against Bellator heavyweights? Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 4:01 PM
countsavage

Well at least we will have someone to compare these Russians too. If Kongo beats them then they are clearly not very good. Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 4:03 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
Anderson P Sonnen - Not surprised, but good for him. Hopefully he finds success as he's definitely paid his dues. Phone Post
At one point I thought he would kill everyone at HW he almost KOd Cain. Phone Post 3.0
Seems like he has always had a problem pulling the trigger. Dude has the blathleticism (lol) to be the champ but seems to freeze up during the fight. Maybe he needs a Barry-esque beatdown in the first to bring out the killer instinct. Phone Post
8/28/13 4:12 PM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

countsavage - Well at least we will have someone to compare these Russians too. If Kongo beats them then they are clearly not very good. Phone Post 3.0
Lol I love how two faced all of you are... If Kongo is in the UFC if someone beats him they are good. If a Bellator fighter loses to him then it means they suck.

So what are you saying man... You think guys like Pat Barry and Matt Mitrone are garbage too? Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 4:14 PM
MountainMedic
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP everyones nuts Phone Post
8/28/13 4:16 PM
Se7enout

Bellator stealing UFC's thunder.
8/28/13 4:17 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing -
Pitbull3744 -
Anderson P Sonnen - Not surprised, but good for him. Hopefully he finds success as he's definitely paid his dues. Phone Post
At one point I thought he would kill everyone at HW he almost KOd Cain. Phone Post 3.0
Seems like he has always had a problem pulling the trigger. Dude has the blathleticism (lol) to be the champ but seems to freeze up during the fight. Maybe he needs a Barry-esque beatdown in the first to bring out the killer instinct. Phone Post
I just think he always had a crappy gameplan. Dude's a kick boxer, not a wrestler. He needs to sidestep the wall n stall in the clinch approach and stick to his bread and butter.

I think with a proper gameplan and better striking defense, he can really do great in Bellator. Phone Post
8/28/13 4:21 PM
Bruham
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chances of him making it on their PPV card?
8/28/13 4:24 PM
UGCTT_RoryStyledMyBaconberger
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 4:32 PM
JStrongMMA

Gosh...if Bellator keeps stealing away all of the UFC's talent they are doomed! Doomed, I say! Phone Post
8/28/13 4:59 PM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if its a 4 or 8 man tournament

Kongo vs Silva
Martinez vs Ivanov
8/28/13 5:02 PM
Chris27

Good signing for them, good fit.  He can bring a decent name to the div, he is an ok mid level HW who looks the part.  Plus Bellators HW div is rather weak so given the right fights he can actually be in some exciting fights which wasnt the case in the UFC when he wasnt getting knock out. 

8/28/13 5:02 PM
Chris27

Pitbull3744 - Wow.

"We are not in the business of taking UFCs rejects"

Bjorn Phone Post 3.0

I think its time to let this go, we all know Bjorn isnt running Bellator anymore and VIacom is looking to take Bellator in a different direction.  

8/28/13 5:18 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is Kongo a "reject"?

8/28/13 5:23 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Pitbull3744 - Wow.

"We are not in the business of taking UFCs rejects"

Bjorn Phone Post 3.0

I think its time to let this go, we all know Bjorn isnt running Bellator anymore and VIacom is looking to take Bellator in a different direction.  

Agreed. I don't like this new direction, but since coming to spike it seems clear Bjorn is mostly just a figurehead/ mouthpiece now. Viacom is running the show now (and in the wrong direction imo) Phone Post
8/28/13 5:27 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are guys getting mad at fighters being signed?

OMG THEY SIGNED SOMEONE WHO FOUGHT IN THE UFC!?!?!?

But when they didn't want Fitch everyone ripped them for yet, lol
8/28/13 5:30 PM
MMALOGIC

minor league gonna minor league.

8/28/13 5:31 PM
countsavage

PrettyBoy -
countsavage - Well at least we will have someone to compare these Russians too. If Kongo beats them then they are clearly not very good. Phone Post 3.0
Lol I love how two faced all of you are... If Kongo is in the UFC if someone beats him they are good. If a Bellator fighter loses to him then it means they suck.

So what are you saying man... You think guys like Pat Barry and Matt Mitrone are garbage too? Phone Post 3.0
That's not at all what I am saying. First of all I am a Kongo fan but he is not a top 10 heavyweight and if he beats those guys then there is no chance that they are top 10 heavyweights. That's all I was saying. I love how you took to the extreme. Phone Post 3.0
8/28/13 5:35 PM
Chris27

Malvert the Janitor - How does he rank against Bellator heavyweights? Phone Post 3.0

Probably top 3 with the champ and Minakov. 

I think Kongo can beat just about everyone else.  he hsa to be the favorite to win the next HW tournament. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.