UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BJJ Anniversary

8/29/13 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cross3dout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 years ago today I walked into my academy for the first time. I met a man who would become one of my best friends and mentors and found something I truly loved that changed my life. Since that day i went from 230 to 170lbs, fought in some of the biggest tournaments including the Worlds and have met and trained with amazing people and legends of the sport. This day changed my life forever and I will never forget it.

What's your anniversary? What's your story? Lets use this thread to tell of the day our lives were changed by this art. Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 11:19 PM
cross3dout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...well this failed lol Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 11:57 PM
sebastard
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 whole years eh? :)
8/30/13 2:33 AM
baby-silverback
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome stuff. Keep going, it only gets better. It'll be 12 years since I started training for mma & about 10 1/2 since I first put on a gi in November. The only thing I would change would be training in my gi more than what I did Phone Post
8/30/13 2:42 AM
JoejitsuMD
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think in sept it will be 19 years for me with many long breaks in between. Phone Post
8/30/13 2:58 AM
soshje
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me its been 5 years soon. Always did lot of sports before this but never felt this happy as I'm now with BJJ. Started when I was 31 and during this time we've had two kids with my wife and other great BJJ related memories also.

It's not just the BJJ but complete journey around it. :)
9/5/13 3:02 PM
Soulroller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't remember the exact date i started but it was in the summer of 2000 sometime. Showed up for my my first class which was taught by a blue belt since there were'nt an abudance of BB's or upper belts yet. The summer was brutal that year as it was in the mid 90's and almost 100% humidity. The gym only had a few fans and the doors open.

I've trained in TMA since i was 12 so i thought i could handle the cardio and such but boy was i wrong.

Learned the armbar from the guard rolled and got my ass kicked and ego hurt. At the end of class we lined up but i had to run to the bathroom to vomit which turned out to be projectile vomit. lol Since then I stopped for 4-5 years then came back on/off. and now i'm here typing this still addicted and obsessed with jiu-jitsu
9/5/13 4:42 PM
jasculs
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guaranteed Grappling Improvement!, Click Here For More!

Started Februay 19th 2001 - Approaching 13 years. Never stopped training

9/5/13 5:00 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't started yet :( Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.