UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Vitor fights in Brazil due to Globo not TRT

8/29/13 4:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Many feel that Vitor Belfort fights in Brazil rather than Las Vegas because the regulatory body there, Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), extends him him a Therapeutic Use Expemption for Testosterone Replacement Therapy, while Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer has said that, based on Belfort's previous positive test for use of Performance Enhancing Drugs, a TUE is not likely.

"I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us," Kizer told Damon Martin earlier this year. "I really don't and I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he's trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment good for him and I hope he is doing that."

However, UFC president Dana White says that in no way is the league commission shopping, but rather that Vitor Belfort fights in Brazil because that is how Brazilian media giant Globo wants it.

"(If) they have a big fight that's going to be on Globo, they wanted Vitor," said White following UFN 27. "So if they want Vitor, they're going to get Vitor. Whoever they say they want, I'm going to try to make it happen."

"The second most important media that we're in business with is Globo," added White. The most important is obviously FOX.

"Vitor Belfort is not fighting in Brazil because he can get away with something down there," said White emphatically. "That's ridiculous. First of all, we wouldn't do that for anybody. Anybody. We would never put together a situation where a fighter has an advantage over another fighter."

"Why isn't he fighting in Nevada? He was going to fight in Nevada. I think in the last scrum I told you that. They want him in Brazil, so that's where he's going to fight.

"Vitor Belfort is being tested, and Vitor is within the limits of what he's supposed to be when he fights."

"We've always been upfront. You think we would lie about that and risk the credibility of the sport, the UFC as a brand, so that Vitor Belfort could fight in f---ing Brazil and cheat? So we're going to flip this whole f---ing thing upside down for Vitor Belfort, my best friend? It just makes no sense."

Read entire article...

8/29/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FanToFighter
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 5:05 PM
teamquestnorth
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor and dana are best friends? Phone Post
8/29/13 5:07 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do the ACs determine who gets the TRT exemptions and who doesnt? Doesnt really seem fair that some can and some cant take it.
8/29/13 5:09 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So... No title shots for Vitor? Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 5:48 PM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saying that Vitor is being tested in Brazil is like saying jamaican track and field athletes are being tested in Jamaica
8/29/13 5:48 PM
Silverball
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - Why is Vitor the one that is always fighting in Brazil and not Anderson, Aldo, Shogun, Machida, Nogs, Maia?

Why did GSP fight almost exclusively in Canada for the last few years? Maybe Vitor fights in Brazil almost exclusively of late because it's TRT related, or maybe it's what Dana is saying it is...or maybe a little of both?
8/29/13 5:53 PM
demonsurge
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - 
RockMeAmadeus - Why is Vitor the one that is always fighting in Brazil and not Anderson, Aldo, Shogun, Machida, Nogs, Maia?

Why did GSP fight almost exclusively in Canada for the last few years? Maybe Vitor fights in Brazil almost exclusively of late because it's TRT related, or maybe it's what Dana is saying it is...or maybe a little of both?

Because canada has no other huge draws, and they can sell out an arena with an underwhelming card if GSP is main eventing.

Brazil has many options, with guys bigger than Vitor. Apples to oranges.
8/29/13 5:57 PM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always fighting in brazil? this is only the third time.

8/29/13 6:01 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Wasa-B - How do the ACs determine who gets the TRT exemptions and who doesnt? Doesnt really seem fair that some can and some cant take it.

Medical documentation as to why you need it, multiple tests demonstrating your levels are low, etc.

On top of that, Nevada and some ACs won't grant, or say they won't grant, TUEs for guys who have previously tested positive for roids.
8/29/13 6:07 PM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is false and dana only tells the truth when it's good for him to.

8/29/13 6:25 PM
GizmodoMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either way I don't care I just wanna see Vitor fight Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 6:30 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

War Vitor, true journeyman and has overcome adversity in his career. Always enjoy watching him finish his fights, which has been every single of his winning fights in his current UFC run. 

8/29/13 6:34 PM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
demonsurge - 
Silverball - 

Because canada has no other huge draws, and they can sell out an arena with an underwhelming card if GSP is main eventing.

who's bigger than vitor in brazil?

8/29/13 6:39 PM
slamming

pharochuck -
demonsurge - 
Silverball - 

Good question. Who is bigger than whoever the UFC will not reserve for PPV? Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 6:57 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
demonsurge - 
Silverball - 

What are you basing Vitor being "big in Brazil on"?

Vs. Bisping-Attendance 9,116 Arena holds 11K)
Vs. Rochold-Attendance 7,642 (Arena holds 15K)

He's getting booked in small arenas, that aren't even selling out on free cards. Of course people will watch. Dana is claiming Vitor sells out stadiums lol Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 7:00 PM
T Bag

LOFL@ people buying Dana's statement that Vitor is a huge draw in Brazil
8/29/13 7:38 PM
Harmon Whistler
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We would never put together a situation where a fighter has an advantage over another fighter."

The main events held in Texas must've been a coincidence.
8/29/13 7:47 PM
mdrndaysamurai
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna laugh so hard when he does fight in the states. Then what will the excuses be? And yes, he is probably the biggest draw in Brazil. Makes sense to me Phone Post
8/29/13 8:05 PM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
RockMeAmadeus -
pharochuck - 
demonsurge - 
Silverball - 

there is this guy named anderson silva.
I was under the impression that vitor was more popular. But lets say Anderson, post I was responding too said many options Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 9:36 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
pharochuck -
demonsurge - 
Silverball - 

What are you basing Vitor being "big in Brazil on"?

Vs. Bisping-Attendance 9,116 Arena holds 11K)
Vs. Rochold-Attendance 7,642 (Arena holds 15K)

He's getting booked in small arenas, that aren't even selling out on free cards. Of course people will watch. Dana is claiming Vitor sells out stadiums lol Phone Post 3.0

Around the time of Andy vs Vitor there was a lot of talk about how Andy was so amped up because in Brazil Vitor was a much bigger star than him and he felt he deserved to be the bigger name. After the fight things sort of shifted that way. But by all accounts, Vitor is about as big an MMA celebrity as is possible in Brazil.
8/29/13 9:36 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/29/13 9:36 PM
edit: double post.
8/30/13 1:31 AM
rootsnattyroots

Edited: 08/30/13 1:32 AM
Sooner or later americans will learn that what Globo wants Globo gets, we are talking about the second biggest TV network on the planet. And lol @ "he is only fighting in Brazil so can cheat and do shady stuff", Chael got a TUE from the american comission right after failing a drug test in a title fight aganist Anderson....
8/30/13 2:59 AM
MahatmaPetey
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Globo is actually the street name for testosterone in the favelas.

8/30/13 9:58 AM
ThinkMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
rootsnattyroots - Sooner or later americans will learn that what Globo wants Globo gets, we are talking about the second biggest TV network on the planet. And lol @ "he is only fighting in Brazil so can cheat and do shady stuff", Chael got a TUE from the american comission right after failing a drug test in a title fight aganist Anderson....

HHAHHA Well he got you hook line and sinker.  First off Chael never ever got popped for STEROIDS he had elevated test and went through a whole bunch of shit to get his TUE so dont make it like he got popped said im sorry and got his TUE. 

Vitor is a lifetime Steroid user and every single one of us knows that and there is no doubt about it.  Now after a lifetime of gear abuse his test levels are low and he wants a TUE that is bullshit and that is cheating.  Why would any AC offer him a TUE thats like saying ok its cool you juiced your whole life but now that your test is low because of it let me reward you by letting you use testesterone.  

ALSO as i have pointed out in this thread and many others, I am on TRT and i know what it does for you and what it wont do, I also know what a cycle will do and how you will look and perform after.  

SOme of you guys seriously need to do some research before you spout your mouths off thinking you know whats up based on TRT use in MMA.  

You're a fucking idiot. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.