UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tibau youngest fighter to reach 20 career UFC bout

8/29/13 10:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva will tell you making it to the UFC is the easy part, it's staying in the UFC that's hard. Once you make the UFC every bout is against a world class competitor and longevitity is a feat in itself. Only a dozen other fighters have had twenty fights in the Octagon, but at Saturday's UFC 164 Gleison Tibau will be the youngest, at 30 years old, to reach the milestone:

"I'm very excited about having my 20th fight in the UFC, which is the best MMA organization in the world," Tibau told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I've been working for them for seven years now. And I'm looking forward to facing Jamie Varner, who is a great fighter going back to the WEC. This will be a great fight."

Tibau first joined the UFC roster in November 2006, and without ever being released, has competed in welterweight, lightweight and catchweight bouts against some of the world's top competitors.

Others on the list of 20-plus UFC fights include former champions and UFC Hall of Fame inductees such as Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Matt Hughes and B.J. Penn.

read entire article...

8/29/13 11:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even more amazing he has stayed in essentially the same spot this whole time. Not a top 10, yet not close to being cut.
8/30/13 12:36 AM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Roughly 3 fights a year for almost 7 years is pretty nuts. Good for him. It would be cool to see him put together a run at the title. Phone Post 3.0
8/30/13 12:46 AM
jujubre
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And after 20 fight how much money a fight is he making? Phone Post 3.0
8/30/13 12:53 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Even more amazing he has stayed in essentially the same spot this whole time. Not a top 10, yet not close to being cut.

Coincidentally, the identical path of Bisping.

8/30/13 12:56 AM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the most solid dudes I've ever seen. He's been grinding forever.. has he ever even pulled out of a fight? I can't think of any injuries.

Not to mention he cuts retardo weight...
8/30/13 12:57 AM
Fattiecorpuscle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's only 30? Dude seems old as hell to me, still quite young though.

Kinda like big nog. Dude looks 50 but he's younger than Anderson Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.