UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guida: I'm tired of second place

8/30/13 10:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Clay Guida has been a perennial top five contender in the UFC's lightweight division since 2005 and 1-0 since dropping to featherweight. Guida however is not content with being top five and dropped to featherweight to make a run at a world title:

"It comes down to this: I'm tired of second place," Guida recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I've been second place my whole life; I've been the underdog my whole life. I'm tired of walking around with disappointment and my head down and thinking what could have been down the road. I'm chomping at the bit for this."

In January, he made a successful debut as a featherweight with a decision over the once top-ranked Hatsu Hioki. After resisting the move to a lighter division, he's now embraced it as his best chance to fulfill a dream.

"It comes down to I'm tired of disappointing myself and my friends and family and coaches and coming up a little bit short," Guida said. "I'm over it, and it's time to move forward in the right direction of becoming a champion. I train like one, and it's time to get in there and get serious."

read entire article...

8/30/13 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DirtyLickinsBrah
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Run faster!! Phone Post
8/30/13 11:17 PM
cool hand Ed
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DirtyLickinsBrah - Run faster!! Phone Post
LOL

/thread Phone Post
8/30/13 11:35 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tired of second place, or tired from running? :D
8/30/13 11:47 PM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finish some fights and you'll shoot up the rankings, kid. Phone Post 3.0
8/30/13 11:48 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm tired of watching him fight Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 12:02 AM
mdrndaysamurai
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i honestly think guida can beat chad mendes
8/31/13 12:03 AM
Gordo1581
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what I'm sick and tired of? I'm sick and tired of having to eke my way through life. I'm sick and tired of being a nobody. But most of all. . . . . . . . . . I'm sick and tired of having nobody.
8/31/13 12:45 AM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand what he is saying but damn. There was a time where I would pull for and watch that second place man over just about anyone. He was so exciting and full of energy it was intoxicating and got everyone pumped. Second place or not I miss those days. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 12:49 AM
RKing85
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guida is going to be second place tomorrow night against Mendes.
8/31/13 1:09 AM
wrestlerguy04
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gordo1581 - You know what I'm sick and tired of? I'm sick and tired of having to eke my way through life. I'm sick and tired of being a nobody. But most of all. . . . . . . . . . I'm sick and tired of having nobody.

That is awesome
8/31/13 1:43 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a second place? I always thought it was winner and loser. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 2:54 AM
joshirvine718

He is second at making this speech. KD beat him to it.
8/31/13 2:56 AM
OCMikey
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mdrndaysamurai - i honestly think guida can beat chad mendes
Good one brah Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 3:23 AM
slamming
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

perhaps he's tired from all the running he does.

8/31/13 3:29 AM
ShaqNoob
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should run a marathon. Surely he'll finish in first place.
8/31/13 3:54 AM
mikinoki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah usain bolt said he would retire if Guida ever decided to join his sport.
8/31/13 4:00 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

then don't fight like a second banana

8/31/13 4:14 AM
NukSooCow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba's Pinkslipped Butthole -
Gordo1581 - You know what I'm sick and tired of? I'm sick and tired of having to eke my way through life. I'm sick and tired of being a nobody. But most of all. . . . . . . . . . I'm sick and tired of having nobody.

Amazing gif Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:18 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Haha 2nd place. Guida has never been #2. I think he may have been #4 at one point. Phone Post
8/31/13 4:21 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Haha 2nd place. Guida has never been #2. I think he may have been #4 at one point. Phone Post
Never mind, pretty sure he topped out at #6 Phone Post
8/31/13 5:13 AM
Arecsa
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No running and pathetic attempted wrestlefucking here, Mendes is straight knocking Guida out.
8/31/13 7:06 AM
CanofPineapple

He has the defensive part of it down. He needs to work on hitting the other guy. Less hugging. More threatening to hurt your opponent in some way.
8/31/13 7:28 AM
YorkshireManDem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - I understand what he is saying but damn. There was a time where I would pull for and watch that second place man over just about anyone. He was so exciting and full of energy it was intoxicating and got everyone pumped. Second place or not I miss those days. Phone Post 3.0
This! I used to love Guida, now I always root against him. And he was a dick after the Maynard fight! Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 11:02 AM
BigEyedFish

cool hand Ed - 
DirtyLickinsBrah - Run faster!! Phone Post
LOL

/thread Phone Post

this

its no mystery. You cant win titles by running from opponents and belching. I be happy if he just went away. Cant stand watching him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.