UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roy Nelson vs. Urijah Faber, Round 3

8/31/13 3:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Urijah Faber has had four title shots, and although he lost each one, those are the only fights he ever lost.

Thus it did not sit well with Faber when Roy Nelson, who is himselft intent on getting a title shot, complained about the numbers fights for the belt that "The Californai Kid" has received.

"It takes more than being somebody people like to get title shots—you've got to win," said Faber. "I just watched an interview Dana did about big Roy Nelson, and I saw an interview where Roy Nelson mentioned me. He actually said my name wrong, he said 'if I was Ariah Faber I would have a title shot,' and I looked at my record and I looked at his record, and I'm like dude I win my fights to get into title fights. That’s what Dana was saying."

In interview with BloodyElbow's Steph Daniels, Nelson responds.

"He got mad about me saying he gets too many title shots? But I say that to his face, and he's the nicest guy to my face. Whatever he's bitched about is what I say to his face. It's not like it's coming from anywhere else. I say it to his face, that's how I roll. If he wants to fight, we can fight but he might have to get in line.

"I'm not hating on him, I'm just asking him how the f--- does he get like 5 million title shots? I was asking for the blueprint. I'm being genuine when I'm asking, ‘Hey, how do you get all of these title shots? Did you catch someone murdering somebody? What do you have on somebody? Or does your management have something or somebody? Or do I just need to be small? Do I need to be under 5 foot? What's the rule?'

"Uhriah? Ariah? They're all the same. It's iah. The fact he answered to that makes it his name. If I called ‘You Butthead' and you answer to it, then that's your name. If he was in my movie I'd probably call him Uh-riah because that's easier to say. Actually, I'd let him pick his own name so his feelings weren't hurt."

Read entire article...

8/31/13 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy is a funny funny dude. Phone Post
8/31/13 3:59 PM
MOAOZINHO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Roy not getting that he's not marketable.
8/31/13 4:01 PM
da Vinci 81
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Roy not get the fact that everyone he faces ranked above him he loses to? Beat a top contender and he might actually get a title shot, something Uriah consistently does. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:07 PM
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beat highly ranked opponents. Something you cannot do Roy. Maybe if you looked after your body, stopped with the why me attitude you would be able to take your career more seriously and put on better performances. Just shut up Roy, its embarrassing.

8/31/13 4:10 PM
Darup

Roy loses when he fights anyone good Phone Post
8/31/13 4:11 PM
Tilla

"It's iah. The fact he answered to that makes it his name. If I called ‘You Butthead' and you answer to it, then that's your name."

Fucking LOL!

Faber is the man.

Beating B-Level opponents doesn't get you a shot, Roy.
8/31/13 4:13 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think has eaten too many shots...he is starting to sound a little crazy
8/31/13 4:14 PM
MediumRareMistake
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well he should've gotten a title shot for beating Schaub, he was robbed of one for beating mitrione and the judges blew the miocic decision so absolutely Roy has a point... Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:15 PM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I for one agree he needs some wins for a title shot but...

The man is a beast with a great chin and heart, of course he could be in better shape but the guy made it to the top 10 of the UFC and he did it eating Burger King.

Again I would like to see him in better shape but the man has obvious talent and dedication and is a warrior.

War Nelson!! Phone Post 3.0
countingcoup

It seems like sour grapes when you have to target another UFC fighter to make your case. To not care about your image in the entertainment business really speaks to your character, good luck with that RN...
Ben Gardners boat
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOAOZINHO - lol at Roy not getting that he's not marketable.
This

Isn't it frustrating? He's never going to live up to his potential as a fighter. Obviously he's already outstanding but he could be a lot better. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:19 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/13 11:29 PM
Uriah doesnt do much to get title shots.

loses WEC title to Brown, beat Pulver, gets next title shot at Brown.

he loses that title fight, beats Assuncao, gets title shot at Aldo.

loses that title shot, then beats Mizugaki & Wineland (by boring ass dec) and gets title shot at Cruz.

loses that title shot as well. then Cruz gets injured and Faber gets title eliminater fight with Bowles.

beats Bowles then get interim title shot with Barao. loses that fight.

Looking at this, I see Faber loses a bunch and only has to win 1,2 or no fights at all to get another shot. He's on a 3 fight win streak now which is the correct way to be earning a shot, not just because your the California Kid and one of the most popular at these weight classes.
8/31/13 4:19 PM
TryhardNobody
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

could he find a smaller guy to pick on? holy shit. maybe he can flex on Miesha Tate next
8/31/13 4:23 PM
TuLegit

Roy got faber there imo Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:25 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Boo fuckin hoo let's all feel bad for Roy. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:28 PM
The artist formerly known as
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - Uriah doesnt do much to get title shots.

loses WEC title to Brown, beat Pulver, gets next title shot at Brown.

he loses that title fight, beats Assuncao, gets title shot at Aldo.

loses that title shot, then beats Mizugaki & Wineland (by boring ass dec) and gets title shot at Cruz.

loses that title shot as well. then Cruz gets injured and Faber gets intrem title shot with Bowles.

finally wins the title, and loses to Barao in the very next fight.

Looking at this, I see Faber loses a bunch and only has to win 1,2 or no fights at all to get another shot.

He's on a 3 fight win streak now which is the correct way to be earning a shot, not just because your the California Kid and one of the most popular at these weight classes.
Uh....Faber didn't win a UFC title. Phone Post
8/31/13 4:28 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy, eat a Snickers...

8/31/13 4:54 PM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOne -

Roy, eat a Snickers...

Too late.... Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 4:55 PM
JStrongMMA

Roy is a dumbass. Phone Post
8/31/13 4:56 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YHTOMIT2001 - 
TheOne -

Roy, eat a Snickers...

Too late.... Phone Post 3.0

Roy, eat a Snickers, youre kinda stupid when your hungry.

You're always hungry? That explains alot.

8/31/13 5:03 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faber summed it up nicely. Could Roy beat Mir? Could Roy beat Werdum? JDS? Faber gets title shots because he beats everyone else in the division. I'm a fan of Roy as a fighter, but you need to win those big fights.
8/31/13 5:04 PM
pennviachoke
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy is an OGer Phone Post
8/31/13 5:09 PM
Kings21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billy Butcher - I think Roy has a valid point somewhere in there.

There are a certain number of fighters that seem to get title shot after title shot while other worthy fighters wait in line.

I like Uriah/Ariah, but at some point it just gets ridiculous. Look at Matt Brown, a six-fight win streak and he still doesn't get a title shot. Uriah has gotten title shots after just one win in a division!

I think what Roy is trying to get at is making it a little more fair.

First, Roy doesnt have a valid point anyhwere. Second, Matt Brown hasnt exactly beat anyone in the top 5. I agree though that he should be getting top ranked opponents considering his streak but a title shot? Not yet. Third Uriah has a career that speaks for itself. He wins. The only times he loses is in title shots. He beats top ranked fighters all the goddamn time. Seriously, you have to go back to fucking 2005 to find a fighter that Faber lost to that WASNT a top ranked guy and yet the guy that beat him was Tyson Griffin who went on to eventually be a top ranked fighter at 155.

On the flip side you have Roy Nelson who recently lost to Stipe Miocic after beating the world beaters known as Kongo (is with the B-league Bellator now), Mitrione (now exactly top 10 himself), and Dave "Pee wee" Herman who went 4-1 on his way out of the UFC.

Comparing Roy Nelson and Faber in this instance does nothing but highlight exactly how fair it is. Beat top guys and you'll get your shot.
8/31/13 5:10 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - Faber summed it up nicely. Could Roy beat Mir? Could Roy beat Werdum? JDS? Faber gets title shots because he beats everyone else in the division. I'm a fan of Roy as a fighter, but you need to win those big fights.
Ding ding

Faber beats everyone that isnt draped in ufc gold. Its like he fights at 11 in no1 contender fights and around 8 in the titleshot itself.

I for one am looking forward to his next title shot. I wanna see if he can pull it off and get back on top.

Roy got his ass beat in his last fight. He shouldn't be talking about title shots Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.