UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guida is one tough SOB though

8/31/13 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

He didn't contest it or anything, and it was a good stoppage by the ref, but Guida was getting up as soon as the ref was getting Mendes off, dude is tough

8/31/13 11:34 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That last left hook is sounded different than every punch Ive heard through my speakers, immediately i was like "oh shit"

8/31/13 11:36 PM
Qannebiss
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy is tough.  I'm not a huge fan of his fighting style, but he's a badass for sure.

8/31/13 11:36 PM
Swayze Express
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guida takes a beating.. Ref stopped that prematurely imo.. Props to both fighters.
8/31/13 11:37 PM
Authority Figure

define "fantastic"

8/31/13 11:37 PM
athsportsnutrition
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All Natural Fuel for Warriors

Agreed. Class act.

8/31/13 11:38 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. Always a Clay fan. Phone Post
8/31/13 11:40 PM
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Love clay. He went out on his shield. Something very few men would Phone Post
8/31/13 11:42 PM
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
BrowneReemJob - No it wasn't a good stoppage. Clay was still there, Sanchez and Huerta inflicted way more damage and he kept coming, imagine if those fights had been stopped early and what we would have missed.

That was a great fight and we(the fans) were robbed of the rest of it. Phone Post 3.0
No. Clay was done. Phone Post
8/31/13 11:42 PM
Chagrin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find it more than a little alarming how much hatred Clay gets from MMA fans. Like, think he's boring or whatever, fine, but people act like he personally killed their puppies or something.

I'm not even really a fan of his, but it really bothers me some of the vitriol I read here. Especially considering I thought Clay made a concerted effort tonight - outclassed though he was - to do away with some of the things people complain about in his fights, and genuinely did try to bring it to Chad.
8/31/13 11:43 PM
IDrankMyPhilOfPP
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

athsportsnutrition -

Agreed. Class act.

. Phone Post
8/31/13 11:44 PM
IDrankMyPhilOfPP
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrowneReemJob - No it wasn't a good stoppage. Clay was still there, Sanchez and Huerta inflicted way more damage and he kept coming, imagine if those fights had been stopped early and what we would have missed.

That was a great fight and we(the fans) were robbed of the rest of it. Phone Post 3.0
He was gone. Mendes would have rained 4-5 more punches down on him and he'd be walking out of the ring with the recall abilities of Gary Goodridge. Phone Post
8/31/13 11:50 PM
SickEyeDiaz
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qannebiss -

The guy is tough.  I'm not a huge fan of his fighting style, but he's a badass for sure.

Agreed. He's a tough bastard and nobody can take that away. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/13 11:55 PM
rsbones
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somebody still needs to remind Guida that you don't get points for strikes thrown, only strikes landed: he throws so many strikes that he has to know have no chance of reaching his opponent. It makes him look busy but makes a mockery of the fight because it's clear he just hopes he wins a decision by being more active. Stupid active. Glad he got finished and we didn't have to suffer a bullshit decision. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 12:01 AM
Rob San Soo

Please he didn't Jog Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.