UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: "Ryan Couture Didn't Get His Chin From Randy"

9/1/13 9:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White took a shot at Randy Couture at the post fight scrum with the media. 

And I quote" I like Ryan [Couture], he has lost two in a row, you know, we'll see what happens.. He is tough though, man. That kid got a chin, he didn't get that chin from his old man." 

Quote happens around 20:30 in the post fight scrum. 

Link:http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/1/4682064/dana-white-ufc-164-post-fight-scrum-video

9/1/13 9:40 AM
fathalpert
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb thing to say about a legend.
9/1/13 9:47 AM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds about right to me. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 10:01 AM
7/13neverForget

Lol Phone Post
9/1/13 10:09 AM
Brian Rule
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/13 10:10 AM
First of all, one of your quotes is off... did he say "Randy" or "his old man"?

Second of all, Dana is way off saying this. Randy's chin was basically legendary up until the second Liddell fight, which was his first TKO/KO loss I believe. Can't blame a weak chin for a couple TKO losses in his late 40's. No surprise Dana's acting like a bitter teenage girl about Randy though
9/1/13 10:12 AM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule - First of all, one of your quotes is off... did he say "Randy" or "his old man"?

Second of all, Dana is way off saying this. Randy's chin was basically legendary up until the second Liddell fight, which was his first TKO/KO loss I believe. Can't blame a weak chin for a couple TKO losses in his late 40's. No surprise Dana's acting like a bitter teenage girl about Randy though

"His old man" is predicative of Randy. 

9/1/13 10:13 AM
forrestfan
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan's style is not enjoyable to watch for me.
9/1/13 10:15 AM
The BigBadWolf ticket

It's just not right for Dana to insult a man that did things in the sport at the age Randy was . How many shots can you takefrom chuck Dana ? And you dont see Dana saying chuck has no chin because his last couple loss he got ko'd/tko'd Phone Post
9/1/13 10:18 AM
GrilliamG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually don't give a shit about Dana White's comments, but this just sounds unnecessarily douchey
9/1/13 10:42 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is the biggest douche involved in MMA. Some day more people will see it.

9/1/13 11:23 AM
ClemenzasCannoli
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overall I like Dana, but I hate when he gets so petty. Move on, and stop sounding like an angry bitter teenaged girl. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 11:33 AM
TheRealMrBeefy

He's kinda right tho. 40's or not, Randy was never know for his chin. He was known for his ability to make a great gameplan, grind his opponents down and beat on them.

Dana is obviously not Randy's biggest fan. Phone Post
9/1/13 11:47 AM
Bentleysuper8

Why's he gotta be like that?
9/1/13 11:48 AM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana needs to stfu - Randy is prob the most decorated fighter as far as titles are concerned in UFC History. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 11:49 AM
Tiresias
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be nice if he took the high road every once in a while. Phone Post
9/1/13 11:54 AM
jmacdoug
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tiresias -  It would be nice if he took the high road every once in a while. Phone Post

or ever
9/1/13 11:57 AM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule - First of all, one of your quotes is off... did he say "Randy" or "his old man"?

No, Randy was first stopped by Barnett.
9/1/13 11:59 AM
Slobonmynog
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy had an iron chin for most of his career.

He was an undersized HW as well.

Come on Dana, your better than that! Phone Post
9/1/13 12:02 PM
TheAnswerFTW

I was there last night and some fan yells at the top of his lungs. "Your dad makes you look like a fucking pussy" the whole crowd was laughing. Ryan is terrible. Phone Post
9/1/13 12:06 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BS imo. I remember him taking some hard shots from Big Nog and though they dropped him he recovered quickly.
9/1/13 12:09 PM
AMartElbow

Damnnn Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 12:11 PM
Brian Rule
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lynchman -

No, Randy was first stopped by Barnett.
good call yeah i meant first time KO'd. voted up Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 12:17 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DAna being a prick again?

What are the chances.

9/1/13 2:48 PM
clayclamitia
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheAnswerFTW - I was there last night and some fan yells at the top of his lungs. "Your dad makes you look like a fucking pussy" the whole crowd was laughing. Ryan is terrible. Phone Post
And this is one of the main reasons I always hesitate to go to a live event. That's a pretty shitty thing to say to a guy who showed a ton of heart and fought his ass off for the fans to hear that from some asshole in an Affliction shirt that wouldn't last 2 minutes with Ryan in a fight. That probably felt worse then the punishment he took. Way to keep it classy douchebags. Not you FTW. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 2:56 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/13 2:56 PM

Where are all of you in the other thread where he's spazzing at me for pointing out their star power problems?

All I get are drooling kids acting like god just graced them with a comment.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.