UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Grant: I've earned Pettis, give me my shot

9/1/13 6:53 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Immediately after winning the lightweight title, Anthony Pettis called out for a superfight with Jose Aldo, however one man would like to see Pettis defend his lightweight title at least once, TJ Grant:

"I’m pretty sure Aldo is a little banged up as well right now," Grant said. "My opinion - I’m a fan, and I love watching UFC fights. I watch all of them, whether they’re people I’m potentially fighting or not, I enjoy it. Pettis against Aldo is an exciting fight.

"But, hey, I just won my last fight in two minutes. I knocked the [Gray Maynard] out. I knocked the guy out before that [Matt Wiman]. I feel like I’ve earned it. I feel like I’m the guy. I’ve been in the UFC a long time. I’ve never really gotten the push that I feel like I need but I’ve also built a lot of experience in fighting and haven’t been in the spotlight, which is nice too. But I’m ready to be there and I’m ready to go out there. Give me the opportunity man. I feel like I’ve earned it."

read entire article...

9/1/13 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give the man his fight.

9/1/13 6:54 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be an incredible fight. Phone Post
9/1/13 6:56 PM
Von Brawn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More exciting to me than the Aldo fight.
9/1/13 6:59 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be a good fight when Pettis recovers from his knee injury
9/1/13 7:18 PM
quick
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering how injury prone Pettis seems to be he might be waiting a long time. And it is shitty he asked for the Aldo fight after he took another guys slot that he himself had already passed on.
9/1/13 7:27 PM
Leck Brosnar

As a TJ fan I'm glad Aldo is hurt so TJ doesn't get screwed out of his shot. Let's hope Pettis is OK though.
9/1/13 7:44 PM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - As a TJ fan I'm glad Aldo is hurt so TJ doesn't get screwed out of his shot. Let's hope Pettis is OK though.

Don't worry, Dana will find a way to screw Grant out of his earned title shot...again.

9/1/13 7:54 PM
TJGTT_Halichap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 7:56 PM
caseharts
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I hope tj gets his shot Phone Post
9/1/13 8:04 PM
TheVileOne
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give Grant his shot.
9/1/13 8:09 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see Grant vs Bendo if Pettis is sidelined for a while due to his knee.

If Grant beats Bendo, then he has definitely earned a title shot.

However, if Pettis can fight again relatively soon, I wouldn't mind seeing Grant get a crack at the belt for his next fight. Phone Post
9/1/13 8:15 PM
bmorela3

he deservesthe fight

with that said, pettis DESTROYS him Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 8:45 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He and Lamas both earned their shots.

Let Pettis defend the title a couple of times before fighting Aldo.Grant and Frankie would be the best options. Perhaps Melendez.

Aldo also still needs to fight a couple of dudes. After Lamas i think Mendes should get the shot. Then perhaps the winner of Cub vs Poirier ( bit biased here big fan). Perhaps even Conor ( though he probably needs to wait after the two champs meet). Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 8:48 PM
slamming

Reed Rothchild - I smell record ppv buys Phone Post 3.0

No, thats just crack.
9/1/13 8:59 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Grant saying he is ready to go now?

I thought the whole reason Grant-Henderson turned into Pettis-Henderson was because he is not ready to go.

If he couldn't have been ready for a fight on Saturday night, how can he talk like he could be ready to book a fight immediately? Phone Post
9/1/13 9:09 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Its Grants shot, and he will beat Pettis Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 9:17 PM
FixedPartialArts

You guys saying Grant would beat Pettis, you gotta have dreams I guess.

Probably a bunch of nationalistic Canadians and fighter followers because he asked for Grant's shot and that didn't sit well with a lot of people in the sport. But that means fuck all as far as who wins a fight.

Grant isn't a very good wrestler, and his style is more clinch, which Pettis owns, rather than the speedy distance shot which Pettis has struggled against in the past. And standing, Grant would get clowned on the feet. We're talking about a guy who narrowly beat Dunham. This ain't Dunham, Wiman, or Maynard. Pettis has speed, setups, creativity, and defense on Grant. That is not a good match-up for Grant, in addition to him being the flat out worse fighter. Like I said, keep dreaming ug'ers. Pettis would probably score another first round finish. So I want to see it.
9/1/13 9:22 PM
Drugs_Delaney
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - He and Lamas both earned their shots.

Let Pettis defend the title a couple of times before fighting Aldo.Grant and Frankie would be the best options. Perhaps Melendez.

Aldo also still needs to fight a couple of dudes. After Lamas i think Mendes should get the shot. Then perhaps the winner of Cub vs Poirier ( bit biased here big fan). Perhaps even Conor ( though he probably needs to wait after the two champs meet). Phone Post 3.0

Talks about earning shots...

says frankie should fight for 155 strap.
9/1/13 9:48 PM
ChaosOverkill
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo also has Lamas barking for his shot, let Tj get his fight Lex Luthor

9/1/13 9:53 PM
Brabatross

FixedPartialArts - You guys saying Grant would beat Pettis, you gotta have dreams I guess.

Probably a bunch of nationalistic Canadians and fighter followers because he asked for Grant's shot and that didn't sit well with a lot of people in the sport. But that means fuck all as far as who wins a fight.

Grant isn't a very good wrestler, and his style is more clinch, which Pettis owns, rather than the speedy distance shot which Pettis has struggled against in the past. And standing, Grant would get clowned on the feet. We're talking about a guy who narrowly beat Dunham. This ain't Dunham, Wiman, or Maynard. Pettis has speed, setups, creativity, and defense on Grant. That is not a good match-up for Grant, in addition to him being the flat out worse fighter. Like I said, keep dreaming ug'ers. Pettis would probably score another first round finish. So I want to see it.
This is just completely off. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 9:55 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FixedPartialArts - You guys saying Grant would beat Pettis, you gotta have dreams I guess.

angry Latino is angry

9/1/13 10:17 PM
nolabrum

Let then bang!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 11:44 PM
DoomFarmer
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grant would win and shock a lot of people. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 1:12 AM
The BigBadWolf ticket

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Why is Grant saying he is ready to go now?

I thought the whole reason Grant-Henderson turned into Pettis-Henderson was because he is not ready to go.

If he couldn't have been ready for a fight on Saturday night, how can he talk like he could be ready to book a fight immediately? Phone Post
Uh wouldn't you think Pettis would take atleast a few weeks off after this fight before signing on for another fight ? I mean realistically speaking it would probably be minimum 3 months from now, pretty sure Grant would be healed up Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.