UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> No close odds on UFN 28 main card

9/2/13 1:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In an unprecedented run, the UFC did three shows in eight days, moving closer to a day envisioned by UFC president Dana White in which the UFC does two shows in one day. Last Wednesay UFN 27 took place in Indianapolis, and then the promotion moved about 300 miles to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for UFC 164 on PPV. Now the operation leaps over 5,000 miles to Belo Horizonte, Brazil for UFN 28.

Headlined by Glover Teixeira hoping to land a title shot with a win over Ryan Bader, the main card features six fights. Expect a lot of finishes, based on the odds:

Marcos Vinicius (+240)
Ali Bagautinov (-280)

Rafael Natal (-260)
Tor Troeng (+220)

Francisco Trinaldo (-320)
Piotr Hallmann (+260)

Joseph Benavidez (-525)
Jussier Formiga (+415)

Yushin Okami (+225)
Jacare Souza (-265)

Glover Teixeira (-440)
Ryan Bader (+350)

How Fight Odds Work

Unlike a spread on a football game where one team is getting a certain amount of points (ex. Saints +7), in MMA fights the line on the game is what's called a money line.
Glover Teixeira (-440)
Ryan Bader (+350)

In this fight, Teixeira would be the favorite and at -440 it means for every $4.40 you bet, you will win $1 if he wins the fight.  So if you bet $440 on Teixeira and he wins, you'd profit $100. If Teixeira were to lose though, you'd lose the full $440.

If you were to bet on Bader at +350, you would win $3.50 for every $1 you bet. So if you bet $100 on Bader and he wins the fight, you will profit $350. If Bader were to lose the fight, you'd lose your original $100 bet.

Depending on how people are betting on the fights, the odds will shift from the moment they open up right up until the night of the fight.

Thanks to 5Dimes.com for the odds.

9/2/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Honey Badger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okami could get you some goddamn CASH Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 1:55 PM
BrattMamley
1232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could make some money on underdogs here. Really like okami at those odds. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 1:58 PM
PwntiusPilate

Already have money on Okami. Will put even
more if the line keeps going that way.

I like Jacare, but that's a pickem fight, imo.
9/2/13 1:59 PM
epwar
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to how UFC Brazil cards work!

9/2/13 2:04 PM
Leck Brosnar

Edited: 09/02/13 2:08 PM
Okami is a great bet IMO, will be throwing some money on him for a decision win. (+300 at ladbrokes for the decision)
9/2/13 2:07 PM
shelikesmeforme
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honey Badger - Okami could get you some goddamn CASH Phone Post 3.0
Yesss Phone Post
9/2/13 2:12 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might make my first bet just because Okami has a good chance. Phone Post
9/2/13 2:15 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Think Jussier is worth anything? He was the no1 125er for awhile and is a big dog here Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 2:16 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tor at +225 is a solid bet. I'm thinking I have to sprinkle on Okami there as well.
9/2/13 2:26 PM
caseharts
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Bader will beat glover. Bader is a better striker and better wrestler and hits harder. A very live dog imo.

Okami won't get jacare down or gets subbed Phone Post
9/2/13 2:46 PM
Leck Brosnar

caseharts -  Bader will beat glover. Bader is a better striker and better wrestler and hits harder. A very live dog imo.

Glover destroys Bader and Okami keeps the fight standing and wins(some cage grinding might occur)
9/2/13 2:48 PM
Leck Brosnar

Ps. Did you just say Bader is the better striker? :D He might KO Glover if he lands clean but just NO.
9/2/13 2:52 PM
John M
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/13 2:52 PM
OK, Jacare and Glover are both awesome and I think they're both going to win, but NO WAY should the odds be that lobsided.

I also think Tor might be worth a bet. Natal looked like garbage in his last fight, and Tor is very well rounded.
9/2/13 2:53 PM
JStrongMMA

I can't believe the line on Jacare and Okami. I would take Okami at those odds. Phone Post
9/2/13 2:54 PM
caseharts
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Leck Brosnar - Ps. Did you just say Bader is the better striker? :D He might KO Glover if he lands clean but just NO.
Glover is not a great striker. Bader isn't either but he's much faster on the feet and I believe has a better chin. I can't see bader getting taken down by him. We week see but okami isn't out striking anyone Phone Post
9/2/13 3:00 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - Bader will beat glover. Bader is a better striker and better wrestler and hits harder. A very live dog imo.

Ill take Grover for 50, no odds if you want it, Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 3:07 PM
Ip Man 81

caseharts -
Leck Brosnar - Ps. Did you just say Bader is the better striker? :D He might KO Glover if he lands clean but just NO.
Glover is not a great striker. Bader isn't either but he's much faster on the feet and I believe has a better chin. I can't see bader getting taken down by him. We week see but okami isn't out striking anyone Phone Post
The only way Bader wins is if Glover stands there and lets him Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 3:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bader and Okami have much better shots than those odds suggest imo Phone Post
9/2/13 3:14 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
ShoreBreaker420 -
caseharts - Bader will beat glover. Bader is a better striker and better wrestler and hits harder. A very live dog imo.

He's +300 shore that would be really dumb Phone Post
9/2/13 3:17 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Ip Man 81 -
caseharts -
The only way Bader wins is if Glover stands there and lets him Phone Post 3.0
Let's see then I don't think Glovers wrestling is as good as its touted the best wrestlers he's beaten are Marvin Eastman and rampage. Bader is a better wrestler than both. I could very well be wrong but at +300 or whatever I'll take badder Phone Post
9/2/13 3:20 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
ShoreBreaker420 -

Not if you think Baders gonna win Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:06 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Could make some money on okami and bader. Bader could very well wrestle up glover Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:16 PM
GROUNDnLB
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar -
caseharts -  Bader will beat glover. Bader is a better striker and better wrestler and hits harder. A very live dog imo.

Glover destroys Bader and Okami keeps the fight standing and wins(some cage grinding might occur)
Jacare has massively improved his standup in the last 2 years. I say he beats Okami on the feet, if the fight does not hit the ground. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:33 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
ShoreBreaker420 -
caseharts -
ShoreBreaker420 -

Not if you think Baders gonna win Phone Post 3.0
I'm not a big fan those odds are also motivational. If it was 1 to 1 I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.