UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: I wouldn't do TUF again for 10 million $

9/3/13 12:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TUF 18 debuts Wed on FOX Sports 1 at 10 p.m. ET. The first coed season famously features opposing coaches Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate.

In an interview with MMAJunkie, Rousey said definitively that she is one and done.

"I think it was very good for the women's division, and I think it definitely needed to happen," said Rousey. "But you couldn't pay me $10 million to do it again."

"How could people possibly know who you are from a couple of clips of a video that people are seeing out of context? That's no way for people to get to know you, so I'm just preparing for people to get the worst idea of who I am."

UFC president Dana White offered a possible explanation for Rousey's stance.

"As you get caught up in the moment, you do things, then reflect and think back on it like, 'Jesus, this is going to be on TV in front of the whole world'," said White "It starts to freak you out."

What do you think UG? How is Ronda Rousey going to come across on "reality" television?

9/3/13 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crossfire
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And nobody will watch the reruns for 10 millions. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 12:10 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine she will come across really charming Phone Post
9/3/13 12:11 PM
Soup and Beer
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just a way to hype the ratings.  Probably a statement and response pre planned by both of them.

9/3/13 12:12 PM
teamquestnorth
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at the picture. Rouseys time with the diaz bros paid dividends. Phone Post
9/3/13 12:12 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All she's going to do is talk about sex I bet Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 12:16 PM
TeamRenzo

Translation: I am going to look like a mega bitch on this seasons TUF
9/3/13 12:21 PM
Sofa King Cool
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is tonight? Phone Post
9/3/13 12:23 PM
DABJJ BEN

I think it starts tomorrow, typo? Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 12:24 PM
chrisbaker

She made it clear to us exactly who she is before this show strted filming, fake as fuck. Phone Post
9/3/13 12:25 PM
Illidan

Good promoting
Making people curious... Phone Post
9/3/13 12:28 PM
KidPittsburgh
1149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With every "Rousey" thread made, I grow that much closer to becoming less of a fan and more of a want for someone to smash this bitch's face.
9/3/13 12:34 PM
Giventofly99

They always try to paint one of the fighters as the good guy and one the bad guy. Nog (good guy) Mir (bad guy) Evans (Good guy) Rampage (bad guy) Kos (bad guy) St Peirre (good guy) on and on. No doubt they will take the worst Ronda clips they can to make her seem like a Diaz bad guy and Meisha the good guy....thats why. Everyone who talks about that show says you see a fraction of what happens through the lens of the producers...thats why.
9/3/13 12:35 PM
jjchgo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Illidan -  Good promoting
Making people curious... Phone Post

lol...not in the slightest bit. after seeing the previews I saw all I needed to see. constant mean mugging, acting like a hard ass and bitchy. ill pass. if i'm wrong oh well i'm sure I will find something else to pass the time.
9/3/13 12:36 PM
Roy Batty
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's still real to me, damn it!
9/3/13 12:39 PM
AMartElbow

Why does everyone hate Rousey. I think she's awesome Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 12:41 PM
Ip Man 81

She would do it again for $2 million, guarantee it. Phone Post 3.0
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giventofly99 - They always try to paint one of the fighters as the good guy and one the bad guy. Nog (good guy) Mir (bad guy) Evans (Good guy) Rampage (bad guy) Kos (bad guy) St Peirre (good guy) on and on. No doubt they will take the worst Ronda clips they can to make her seem like a Diaz bad guy and Meisha the good guy....thats why. Everyone who talks about that show says you see a fraction of what happens through the lens of the producers...thats why.
It would be quite the feat to make Miesha look like the good guy. She has a villian face. Phone Post
GregNoActionJackson
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AMartElbow - Why does everyone hate Rousey. I think she's awesome Phone Post 3.0
I'm with you. She's cool as shit. I got to meet her a few months ago Phone Post
9/3/13 12:43 PM
Jason
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
She would do it again in a heartbeat for 10 million Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 12:49 PM
Argo

Here's the thing. They can't use anything to make you look really bad if you didn't actually do anything that makes you look bad.

Rousey has shown many times (like flipping the bird) that she lacks a level of self control.
9/3/13 12:49 PM
MOAOZINHO

chrisbaker -  She made it clear to us exactly who she is before this show strted filming, fake as fuck. Phone Post

9/3/13 12:51 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool -  This is tonight? Phone Post

Tonight?

9/3/13 12:53 PM
kevsh
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've shown no love for Rousey on this forum (though I've always respected her skills) -- but I do agree that the show's editors do twist things to make the show more dramatic and make certain coaches and fighters look bad.
9/3/13 12:57 PM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidPittsburgh - With every "Rousey" thread made, I grow that much closer to becoming less of a fan and more of a want for someone to smash this bitch's face.
I like the way you think. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.