UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judo instructor can't throw student

9/3/13 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShamusO'nyou
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtYPYWg5Kg

Blue please

This may have been posted before but I haven't seen it.

Get's a bit heated. Looks like the student was not happy about the instructor's attitude and didn't let him throw him.

Thoughts?
9/3/13 12:55 PM
MMA Playwright
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShamusO'nyou - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtYPYWg5Kg

Blue please

This may have been posted before but I haven't seen it.

Get's a bit heated. Looks like the student was not happy about the instructor's attitude and didn't let him throw him.

Thoughts?

9/3/13 12:56 PM
Kakkarotto_san
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thoughts are this:

1) These are not Judo guys, at all. You can tell by their belts/gis (or kimonos as they call them incorrectly in BJJ)/and (lack of) technique and understanding of the concepts of uki/tori. These are BJJ guys.

2) It's fake.
9/3/13 12:57 PM
HexRei

obvs fake
9/3/13 1:08 PM
ShamusO'nyou
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers MMA Playwright

Yeah I though they were BJJ guys.

Why do you think it's fake?
9/3/13 1:10 PM
ShamusO'nyou

If that is fake , they are excellent actors.
9/3/13 1:14 PM
mestregruber
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kakkarotto_san - Thoughts are this:

1) These are not Judo guys, at all. You can tell by their belts/gis (or kimonos as they call them incorrectly in BJJ)/and (lack of) technique and understanding of the concepts of uki/tori. These are BJJ guys.

2) It's fake.

It's not incorrect to call them "kimonos". That's what they're called in Brazil.
9/3/13 1:15 PM
Kakkarotto_san

If you watch carefully, the "fight" at the end is just obviously fake. It's like the "fight" between Bas and Randleman at that PRIDE event... no punches thrown, just some rumbling, fake wrestling, etc.

9/3/13 1:16 PM
HexRei

Edited: 09/03/13 1:16 PM
It's clearly fake. You could just call up Nexus and ask them though if you want to be sure.

http://www.nexusbjj.com/
9/3/13 1:18 PM
Kakkarotto_san

mestregruber - 

2) It's fake.

It's not incorrect to call them "kimonos". That's what they're called in Brazil.

Yes, it is incorrect.

"Kimono" is a Japanese word. It is not a Portuguese word. The Japanese word "Kimono" does not apply to the "DOGI", which is the correct word.

Or is it okay that I use the Portuguese Brasilian word "Beleza" to mean "go fuck yourself"? Or would you say I'm using the word incorrectly?

Could I just say, "beleza" means "go fuck yourself" in the United States?

No, I would be misusing the word, since we know that "beleza" means something else.
9/3/13 1:19 PM
ShamusO'nyou

Not sure about the fight at the end because not much can be seen, but the tone of voice and body language of both guy's leading up to he final scuffle seems legit to me.

If they are faking they are excellent actor's.

Seemed like he was a visiting instructor
9/3/13 1:22 PM
AyyAnt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its fake. The "instructor" is Big G. He has a couple funny videos on youtube. Check out Big G BJJ Lessons on youtube. Its pretty funny. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 1:23 PM
ShamusO'nyou

Looks like the guys watching might be trying not to laugh.

Still, the two protagonists are convincing imo
9/3/13 1:30 PM
ShamusO'nyou

AyyAnt - Its fake. The "instructor" is Big G. He has a couple funny videos on youtube. Check out Big G BJJ Lessons on youtube. Its pretty funny. Phone Post 3.0

Checked it out. Cheers

It is fake. Convincing performances imo
9/3/13 1:35 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. They are BJJ guys

2. I'm not sure if it is fake or not

3. People call them Kimonos all over the world, so even if it is technically incorrect, it still happens and everyone knows what you mean so who gives a shit?
9/3/13 1:36 PM
JudOWNED
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a full version of the vid where you see them all laughing at the end.
9/3/13 3:13 PM
Wicked smahtMF

best troll eva
9/3/13 3:18 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I made it about 10 seconds in, before I was positive it was fake. Man, It shocks me, the shit people believe is real. Phone Post
9/3/13 3:20 PM
mestregruber
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Kimono" literally means "thing that you wear". But aside from that, it is quite common for loan words to take on different meanings. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of foreign-derived words used by the Japanese that mean something different (or nothing at all) in their original language. This is an example of that, and nothing at all like your example of taking an arbitrary foreign word and assigning a meaning to it that is understood by no one of either culture.
9/3/13 3:21 PM
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure but looks like KIt Dale (competing in Copa Podio) who is an absolute beast and from what I hear a sweetheart of a person. So yeah vid is most likely fake, and funny lol. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 3:26 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this nexus BJJ on the Goldie? Where's Narbs? Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 3:28 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

The video is CLEARLY fake, how is that even being debated? Phone Post
9/3/13 3:33 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Gis are hilarious Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 3:35 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

OH MY GOD!! IT WAS JUST REPORTED THAT WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!! GET TO SAFETY!!

9/3/13 3:37 PM
MMAfan1million

mestregruber -

2) It's fake.

That would simply mean the Brazilians call it by the wrong name too! The right name is a gi. A kimono is more like a ceremonial bathrobe. E.g. what Japanese women traditionally wear at their weddings. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.