UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What's the best way to heal back pain.

9/4/13 8:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steroids
9/4/13 10:32 AM
vegard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmalogic,what's the deal with cold showers?
9/4/13 12:07 PM
DeuceDroppin

vegard - mmalogic,what's the deal with cold showers?
How's yours bro? Still sleeping on a hard surface? Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 12:40 PM
Porkchop74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear about this . I had the same type of thing happen to me in 2003 ! I feel 34 feet when the ladder I was on fell ! I landed on a water meter and messed up my lower back . The workers comp doctor wanted to do surgery I refused! I lived with the pain and would not take Prescription meds . @ years later I ended up finding a great Chiropractor he made adjustments in about 4 months I had very little back pain !
SO find a good holistic chiropractor that will not give you a bunch of unneeded meds . And see where it goes .

Just do not have any surgery on your back I know 5 people who have and they all are doing worst then before
9/4/13 12:51 PM
chupecabre
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Embrace the back pain. Let it feed your anger. Anger is strength. Do not resist it.
9/4/13 1:49 PM
Mr Makaveli

Get some nettle leaves like a few handfuls, boil them in a pan ad drink the juice.

Do this 3x a day it also helps with your skin/hair and arthritis.

Don't laugh at me before you try this just thank me after. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 2:23 PM
ranier wolfcastle
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a guy in this forum said his back hurt forever, but felt great once he started sleeping on the floor

another said shoe inserts helped his a ton

some swear by inversion tables

9/4/13 2:30 PM
Lazer MMA

Try to find Rogan thread on this topic!
9/4/13 2:46 PM
vegard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce, What up my friend?

I'm the guy that started sleeping on the floor to try to relieve my back pain. It worked wonders for me. I did it off and on for close to a year. I still sleep on the floor or a very thin futon when my back and neck bother me.

I also found a chiropractor who said I had a pinched nerve in my neck. Instead of digging up my shoulder with a lacrosse ball and foam roller, like I used to do, now I just like down with an ice pack under my neck and feel a thousand times better.

I started just recently using the foundation training exercises and am very intrigued by them. Their focus on the posterior chain of muscles and hip hinging has dramatically changed how I move and my posture, which has improved a lot of problems I had from head forward posture -- made worse by jiu jitsu.

There's a big difference in my chronic, low-level pain and acute injuries to the discs. I wouldn't know what to do about op situation, other than to say you have to train the muscles to support your spine instead of aggravate it.

Best of luck.
9/4/13 2:50 PM
Bentleysuper8
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/04/13 2:54 PM
I ruptured a disk in my neck and basically nothing helped but rest. I stopped fighting goons in judo and stopped endless repetitive throwing. I tried pretty much everything short of surgery and rest was the only thing that helped. Maybe your training is harder on your lower back than judo is on the neck (C7-T1 rupture).

Groundwork is fine but I don't do a lot of repetitive throwing or goon fighting.
9/4/13 3:15 PM
kill joy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jo'donnell-Davies - Weed and yoga Phone Post 3.0

+ Facia Release/Massage

/Thread

9/4/13 3:32 PM
The Wizzle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kill joy - 
Jo'donnell-Davies - Weed and yoga Phone Post 3.0

+ Facia Release/Massage

/Thread

+lying on the hardwood floor when your muscles are loose(after a bath, EATing ganja, or other antiinflam)
//Thread
9/8/13 8:32 PM
The BigBadWolf ticket

Bill O'Really -

In

I suffer the same as most who've posted- got real curious at the mention of tramadol, I've been using it for a year now- and saw the link to Foundation Training.  

Thanks OP!

I popped a few of my moms tramadol utter crap imo my doc just gave me a script for mobicox have not filled it yet tho so no review of it yet Phone Post
9/8/13 8:48 PM
bad1121

I have a home traction neck brace. It's almost like a neck brace that you wear if you're in a car accident. It has a hand pump on each side and the more you pump it up the more it stretches your neck and takes the pressure off your discs. Works pretty well if you use it each night. Got mine free and covered by my insurance with a script from my chiropractor Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 8:54 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - Squats Phone Post
This Phone Post
9/8/13 9:04 PM
j-money
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mine has been hurting since January. It's driving me nuts as well. I finally have the time to train and a good gym to join, and I can't.
9/8/13 9:09 PM
GregNoActionJackson
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor said i need a backiatomy Phone Post
9/8/13 9:17 PM
Kostakio
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a serious response.

Message me. I can help you free of charge.

I am from Long Island.

I have walked your shoes and know what you're going through. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 9:46 PM
dhughes
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/13 9:47 PM
I would talk with a physician and a physician-referred physical therapist. Trust in evidence-based, peer-reviewed science. You will get all manner of personal opinions on this thread and most will be well-intended even if misguided or misinformed. The folks that have spent most of their lives studying these kinds of issues will 99/100 times have a better solution for you, based on scientific evidence, than folks who have a friend or read a blog or went to a wizard who solved their problems.

Not trying to discount personal anecdote or so-called "alternate" practices - people can find success in many different ways - but your best odds of success will always be with modern medicine. Despite many people's warped perception of modern medicine as a cut-first, drug-first "industry," modern medicine is commonly conservative up until the point that intervention is the only, um, "alternative." Please consult with a medical expert who applies science-based and evidence-based practice first. If that doesn't work for you, then by-all-means try other approaches.

Best of luck. I know the pain.
9/8/13 9:53 PM
staygreenponyboy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/13 9:56 PM
OP it sounds ike Kostakio has good lead in you area. If you want to go to a PT try Tim Stump at http://professionalpt.com/midtown/
He also has a facility on the island. He is well versed in fighter injuries. Serra should know him.
9/8/13 10:32 PM
john thornton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here
9/9/13 12:20 AM
duckhuntgangsta
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DDP YOGA Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 3:58 AM
Mike_in_CA
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one ruptured disc in my neck C6-C7. It ended my "rolling" days for good. Not about to do the surgery not good enough chance it will fix the problem. If I were a professional athlete the I would risk it.... But I'm a regular guy at 40, time to hang it up. Sucks Phone Post
9/9/13 4:07 AM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

savage animal - Been 3 months for me.

I just bought the "Fix My Back Pain" program from criticalbench.com for $20. Chiro/ART didnt help, PT with traction also no dice, even after cortisone injection.

I'm going to give this program a try for a month, hopefully see enough improvement to at least begin using weights again, but sciatica is so bad that avoiding flexion seems to almost totally rule out a return to BJJ unless back at 100%.

I think I'll take up boxing if I don't markedly improve. Phone Post 3.0
The rotation in boxing messes my back up.
Going in to do some drilling Thursday for the first time in almost 2 years.

Just be careful. I couldn't work for a year after trying to tough it out Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:09 AM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Try to find Rogan thread on this topic!
There's a lot of threads with some awesome info. I'll put some links when I get on a pc.
Never knew that about foundation training.
I have it somewhere on a hard drive but never really looked at it Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.