UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White: TJ Grant to get next UFC LW title shot

9/3/13 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/375025961068027904

Kevin Iole @KevinI
Update: @danawhite says @TJ_Grant will get next shot at lightweight title. @Showtimepettis still undergoing tests. MRI results unclear

9/3/13 6:56 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooo Phone Post
9/3/13 6:57 PM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES !
9/3/13 6:57 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome

9/3/13 7:20 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/01/RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

Blue please?
9/3/13 7:21 PM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Straight! He deserves it the most out of everyone in the lightweight division.

9/3/13 7:23 PM
Leck Brosnar

YES! TJ is the man, will be a great fight.
9/3/13 7:34 PM
trent205
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I smell another Canadian champ... :) Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 8:04 PM
MMALOGIC

if Anthony's knee is ok this will likely main event the fox december show.

Pettis is a superstar waiting to happen.  Once he's on fox people will fall in love with him.

9/3/13 8:06 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 8:20 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/03/13 8:25 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Well deserved. I wish Ricardo Lamas would've been extended the same courtesy.
9/3/13 8:23 PM
slamming
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They obviously want to build him up a bit before setting up the Aldo fight.
9/3/13 8:26 PM
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/01/RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

Blue please?

9/3/13 8:26 PM
CRE

Crazy fight.

Grant's pressure could be the answer.

Pettis technical striking could offset that pressure really well though and Grant could get caught moving in.

I love the way Grant just forces a chin for chin, punch for punch type of exchange and sees who will break first, since being at 155 Grant has CRUSHED everyone in that scenario and I feel that Pettis might be no different if it comes down to that type of fight.

Pettis' blend footwork, timing, strike variation and finishing ability could be the counter for Grant's violent technical pressure.

Epic matchup.

Also Pettis has shown a weakness with wrestling and being put on his back, if Grant gets you down he's looking to take your soul from top position.
9/3/13 8:35 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

CRE - Crazy fight.

Pettis technical striking could offset that pressure really well though and Grant could get caught moving in.

I love the way Grant just forces a chin for chin, punch for punch type of exchange and sees who will break first, since being at 155 Grant has CRUSHED everyone in that scenario and I feel that Pettis might be no different if it comes down to that type of fight.

Pettis' blend footwork, timing, strike variation and finishing ability could be the counter for Grant's violent technical pressure.

Epic matchup.

Also Pettis has shown a weakness with wrestling and being put on his back, if Grant gets you down he's looking to take your soul from top position.
Bendo did a great job taking Pettis down and applying his top game...

I think Pettis has shown his TDD has greatly improved.

Should be an awesome fight all the way up until Pettis gets the finish. Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 8:38 PM
CRE

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - 
CRE - Crazy fight.

Epic matchup.

Bendo did a great job taking Pettis down and applying his top game...

I think Pettis has shown his TDD has greatly improved.

Should be an awesome fight all the way up until Pettis gets the finish. Phone Post 3.0

Benson wasn't trying to hurt Pettis on the feet.

Grant is going to try and knock him out cold.

Grant is the more dangerous guy and arguably the tougher challenge, because Benson wasn't a true threat to Pettis on the feet. It's easier to anticipate Benson's offense IMO.

That being said, Grant could get caught sort of standing still in range and suffer a severe rib roasting for it ala Franklin/Hendo.

Pettis is most likely going to have to take some damage and show his toughness against Grant.

Wonderful fight, must see.
9/3/13 8:43 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddly enough, I've heard Dana say this before. ;-)

9/3/13 8:43 PM
CRE

They should put this fight on FREE TV.

Get some of the casuals reinvigorated.
9/3/13 8:44 PM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis all day, way too technical for T.J. I think Grant beats Bendo, though, if they ever fight. Phone Post
9/3/13 8:46 PM
CRE

epwar - 

Oddly enough, I've heard Dana say this before. ;-)

Grant is a pressure fighter and very violent.

Whenever Dana has reneged in the past on a deal like this, it's usually because the guy promised the fight doesn't bring the type of a fight that Grant does.

I could see Aldo/Pettis getting in the way though.

Oddly enough I would rather see Grant/Pettis.
9/3/13 8:51 PM
Vader03
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this is the right thing to do. Plus aldo has some interesting opponents emerging in the weight class Phone Post 3.0
9/3/13 8:52 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ put up a helluva fight with a guy that most are picking to take out the greatest welterweight ever. I have a feeling he is going to surprise the hell out of a lot of people.

The one thing Pettis really has going for him, is one person that won't be sleeping on Grant is Duke. He makes sure Anthony is well prepared for his opponent.

Pettis has to do something to slow TJ down quickly, or he will probably see himself bulled up against the cage taking bombs.
9/3/13 8:53 PM
tonytr

I really think it's a mistake for anyone besides Aldo to try to fight Pettis on the feet, which means unless Grant gets the takedown he'll be doomed like the rest.
9/3/13 8:54 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for grant glad to see him get his shot....but i say pettis takes it via tko. Phone Post
9/3/13 8:55 PM
hurwicane

Great news! Looking forward to seeing Grant get his shot. Tougher match up for him though I think Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.