UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Article written by my publication blasting Sherdog

9/5/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm telling you, it's Little Carmine to a tee.

Or to a tea, if you will. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:43 AM
Drugs_Delaney
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drugs_Delaney - Verbal Combat: The Impossible Victory
by Luca Rajabi - Sep 5, 2013

Over the past few days my staff and I have gotten into some online scuffles with fellow fans of MMA. It goes without saying that the world of MMA is filled with ego and posturing and when one isn’t present to flex their muscles or show their physical skills then the war of words begins. The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain is so magnetic that even the most confident individuals can be drawn into corners of doubt only to retort with half witted remarks that leave more of scar on their own ego than that of their opponent. The most challenging aspect of verbal combat is not the selection of words but rather the awareness that each utterance has a cost. The cost may not be so obvious as that of exhaustion when exerting ones self in a physical confrontation or bruising that results from strikes and blows. Rather it is a mental and emotional cost. One that sometimes cannot be quantified, qualified or even completely understood.

The irrational need for equilibrium with a verbal confrontation can lead even the most civilized individuals to acts of a base nature that doesn’t resemble even a reflection of their image from the surface of stormy sea. The twisting and bending of tongue takes its toll on mind and spirit leaving only a thin veil of success surrounding a chasm of defeat. It’s not the loss to another person but to one’s self. That is the conundrum that always precludes and prevails the act of verbal combat. Victory is an illusion, one based on the perception of the defeat of another’s ego. At what cost does the challenge meet a purpose?

When examined closely the war of words leaves only scars on the egos of the participants. The scars run so deep that often we cannot even relish in the success of our efforts, as the spoils of war are hidden beneath a venire that protects the ego from collapsing in on itself. And if it were to cave in, what would the result be? Death by mental breakdown? Suicide by shattered ego? The transformation of the civilized into the savage?

There is no angle that one can look upon such a confrontation and say “That was worth it.” More often than not, it never is, and likely will never be. And even if it seems so for the moment, that moment passes very quickly and we are left with simply one feeling. Embarrassment.

Thus the only reasonable conclusion is that to engage in the fight is to concede to the loss. One might believe that there is always a victory to be had, however the truth of the matter is that the war of words has only one way to win and that is not to fight at all.

Silence is the sound of defeat and victory and whom ever can bring that silence to bare first is the true victor in that war. As Sun Tzu is often quoted “The Supreme Art Of War is winning without fighting.”

There-fore the lesson here is to learn diplomacy, tact, patience and the most important skill of all, silence.

tl;dr version:

http://pigroll.com/img/say_that_to_my_face_fucker.jpg
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba's Pinkslipped Butthole - 

Shitdog a UFC shill fanboy site with a healthy injection of Pride fanatics.

The real issue there are the mods.  Never in my entire forum posting career have I ever seen a place with such arrogant and power-tripping mods.

LOL

This in a nutshell
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

holy hell, what did I miss last night?!?!

can someone summarize thread?

Let me try

OP: ...

UG: Really fuckface? Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:52 AM
2JupitersTooMany

Drugs_Delaney - Verbal Combat: The Impossible Victory
by Luca Rajabi - Sep 5, 2013

Over the past few days my staff and I have gotten into some online scuffles with fellow fans of MMA. It goes without saying that the world of MMA is filled with ego and posturing and when one isn’t present to flex their muscles or show their physical skills then the war of words begins. The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain is so magnetic that even the most confident individuals can be drawn into corners of doubt only to retort with half witted remarks that leave more of scar on their own ego than that of their opponent. The most challenging aspect of verbal combat is not the selection of words but rather the awareness that each utterance has a cost. The cost may not be so obvious as that of exhaustion when exerting ones self in a physical confrontation or bruising that results from strikes and blows. Rather it is a mental and emotional cost. One that sometimes cannot be quantified, qualified or even completely understood.

The irrational need for equilibrium with a verbal confrontation can lead even the most civilized individuals to acts of a base nature that doesn’t resemble even a reflection of their image from the surface of stormy sea. The twisting and bending of tongue takes its toll on mind and spirit leaving only a thin veil of success surrounding a chasm of defeat. It’s not the loss to another person but to one’s self. That is the conundrum that always precludes and prevails the act of verbal combat. Victory is an illusion, one based on the perception of the defeat of another’s ego. At what cost does the challenge meet a purpose?

When examined closely the war of words leaves only scars on the egos of the participants. The scars run so deep that often we cannot even relish in the success of our efforts, as the spoils of war are hidden beneath a venire that protects the ego from collapsing in on itself. And if it were to cave in, what would the result be? Death by mental breakdown? Suicide by shattered ego? The transformation of the civilized into the savage?

There is no angle that one can look upon such a confrontation and say “That was worth it.” More often than not, it never is, and likely will never be. And even if it seems so for the moment, that moment passes very quickly and we are left with simply one feeling. Embarrassment.

Thus the only reasonable conclusion is that to engage in the fight is to concede to the loss. One might believe that there is always a victory to be had, however the truth of the matter is that the war of words has only one way to win and that is not to fight at all.

Silence is the sound of defeat and victory and whom ever can bring that silence to bare first is the true victor in that war. As Sun Tzu is often quoted “The Supreme Art Of War is winning without fighting.”

There-fore the lesson here is to learn diplomacy, tact, patience and the most important skill of all, silence.
Holy shit just finished reading the greatest thing I have ever read in my life. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:52 AM
Drugs_Delaney
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 
Jason -

holy hell, what did I miss last night?!?!

can someone summarize thread?

Let me try

OP: ...

UG: Really fuckface? Phone Post 3.0

Crooklyn: Take that piece of shit and get off my stoop!
9/5/13 9:56 AM
FOTN
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 

This got posted pretty early in the thread and is still as accurate and concise a summary of what went on as anyone could hope to provide.
9/5/13 9:57 AM
papasmurf24
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jweinberg - 

Shit flows like an opiate addict on his porcelain enemy.

^thats how to drop prose

9/5/13 9:59 AM
siouxNYC
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/5/13 10:02 AM
2JupitersTooMany

*seductively removes clothes from silence* Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:07 AM
FOTN
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how his message is essentially all about how he's the real winner because he's now chosen to be silent, when in fact the reality is that he was silenced by Crooklyn banning his ass.

If it wasn't for that fact he'd probably still be in here verbally punching himself in the face.
9/5/13 10:13 AM
Blunderhooks
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the fuck would ever bother with a site called "Scifighting"? Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:14 AM
2JupitersTooMany

The man had an extreme emotional reaction to his perception that he was bullied by moderators of an Internet forum. He even mentioned that he hates bullying in his original response.  But he is transparently a bully to anyone reading his responses but himself.  This is classic shadow repression projection stuff.  He's probably been a bully his entire life and tried to repress it, and the shadow has kept working in the background.  Now he's swinging a thesaurus around and beating up poor contributors on his own site.  The man needs a good Jungian shadow therapist.

9/5/13 10:21 AM
crossfire
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -
SciFighting - 
Crooklyn - 
SciFighting - 

I don't give a fuck anymore...

This is the point at the party where you apologize for your behavior and excuse yourself as gracefully as you can. Then you go and take a good hard look at how you can improve things and become better for your efforts. Success is the only way to really have the last laugh.

Apologized three times and the hate speech keeps flooding through... so hopefully the mods will delete this thread.... or they can keep it here with all these damn links back to my site...  

No, I will leave the thread, freeze you and delete YOUR silly spam posts. Then your idiocy will be left standing for all to see. I suggest you think wisely before you spam again. This is your last warning.

Crooklyn , the hero of the day.

What a fucking weirdo , lol Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:21 AM
Jweinberg
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Author Luca dropping some scifighting knowledge

9/5/13 10:24 AM
Jweinberg
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Luka"

My name is Luka
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you've seen me before

This Author Luca, is responsible for putting this shitty song in my head from back in the day.  The last line is very telling due to the lack of integrity of scifighting.com.  Their screen shots from of other sites and shitty paraphrasing of other articles.. Nothing original.  
9/5/13 10:25 AM
FOTN

"Now Not To: Jab and Cross" imo.
9/5/13 10:26 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 10:27 AM
double
9/5/13 10:27 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the basic rules of life I now try to live by is to stay out of serious judgement. It is MUCH harder to live this type of life than to preach it. So many of life's stupid silly conflicts just go away effortlessly. Life becomes much more joyful.

You cannot control anyone. True control in this world ends at the end of our finger tips. Therefore what we can control is not a persons thoughts and actions but rather our reaction to them. How we feel stems from what thoughts we allow our minds to nurish and that becomes a choice.

Every emotion has a mirror of itself, an opposite. The famous ying and yang. Two rivaling possibilities within you. A good and a bad. Which one wins the battle and takes over is up to you. The one that wins is the one you chose to nurish to make stronger than the other. That is where your choice lies. One choice will allow you to accept the things you cannot change and the other choice will pass you into judgement which will consume you.

A trick I use is to remember that when you point a finger at someone, three fingers hidden from view are always pointing back at you.

9/5/13 10:38 AM
Tomato Can
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain is so magnetic that even the most confident individuals can be drawn into corners of doubt only to retort with half witted remarks that leave more of scar on their own ego than that of their opponent."

This might be the most painfully overwrought sentence I've ever read, and once again it obviously hasn't even been proofread.

This guy literally cannot stop embarrassing himself. I've never seen anything quite like it.
9/5/13 10:45 AM
Jweinberg

Tomato Can - "The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain is so magnetic that even the most confident individuals can be drawn into corners of doubt only to retort with half witted remarks that leave more of scar on their own ego than that of their opponent."

This might be the most painfully overwrought sentence I've ever read, and once again it obviously hasn't even been proofread.

This guy literally cannot stop embarrassing himself. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Haha -unbelievable! Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 11:00 AM
Jason
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
Link to original article bashing Sherdog? Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 11:01 AM
Col Angus
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet Mary, this is thread is sad, fascinating, and hilarious all at the same time.

Mind officially bottled.
9/5/13 11:03 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it

Col Angus - Sweet Mary, this is thread is sad, fascinating, and hilarious all at the same time.

Mind officially bottled.

9/5/13 11:04 AM
Qannebiss
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love the inappropriate use of "legerdemain." Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.