UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Article written by my publication blasting Sherdog

9/4/13 8:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you're planning to run a website and want to drive traffic AWAY, take notes from this dickbeard, scifighting.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llcuj3vt5n1qagjn7o1_500.gif

9/4/13 8:00 PM
FOTN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half."

...and that's a response I can't respect.

Also, 56,000 facebook fans is not that big of a deal in this day and age where people regularly buy "fans". Interesting that you managed to amass this many "fans" since February though while Bloodyelbow.com for instance has less than 15,000 and MMAjunkie about 19,000 after years of being two of the top sites in the business.

And your talking BS about not needing the forum link hits.
9/4/13 8:01 PM
Drugs_Delaney
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many businesses do you run and how much do you make a year? how much do you make just from writing. i only ask because i write and work for a fortune 5000 company but would like to move up to maybe a fortune 1557-2203 company. any advice would help.
9/4/13 8:06 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Didn't read the thread. I typically don't speak for Kirik & Company. But without reading, I can say we have no problem with Sherdog.com, Jeff Sherwood etc. They are respected in the industry and welcome here always.

9/4/13 8:07 PM
Drugs_Delaney
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, 56,000 facebook fans is not that big of a deal in this day and age where people regularly buy "fans". Interesting that you managed to amass this many "fans" since February though while Bloodyelbow.com for instance has less than 15,000 and MMAjunkie about 19,000 after years of being two of the top sites in the business.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TomsMindBlown.gif
9/4/13 8:12 PM
Drugs_Delaney

SciFighting - 
Drugs_Delaney - how many businesses do you run and how much do you make a year? how much do you make just from writing. i only ask because i write and work for a fortune 5000 company but would like to move up to maybe a fortune 1557-2203 company. any advice would help.

Why don't you google search me... look me up on linkedin.   Luca Rajabi... have fun.

let me guess, you also have an MLM project going too. thanks for helping me put a face to the bag. oh man, is mark pavelich your dad?
9/4/13 8:17 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 8:17 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems like a poor man's shoemoney IMO
9/4/13 8:23 PM
Drugs_Delaney

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liu0fsHApJ1qdwddyo1_500.jpg
9/4/13 8:25 PM
CYBERDYNE
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are a weird looking dude. Phone Post
9/4/13 8:25 PM
FOTN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting - 
FOTN - "I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half."

...and that's a response I can't respect.

And your talking BS about not needing the forum link hits.

It's called GOOD MARKETING lol   

I don't "buy" likes.  I have very good marketing and have been doing it for Fortune 500 companies for years.  Infact much of the social technologies like facebook, instagram and such were developed in labs like those I worked in over a decade ago.  Now go troll for bullshit somewhere else.  We at SciFighting have nothing to hide.

Not quite sure how those statistics make a difference one way or the other, but not to worry.

"we have accumulated over 56 thousand Facebook fans, all of whom are avid readers of our articles."

That's great that they are all such avid readers. I notice that your most popular article at the moment only has a little over 3,000 hits though. Perhaps all your avid readers are still on their summer holidays.
9/4/13 8:26 PM
suess

lol what a dumbass
9/4/13 8:36 PM
FOTN

I stand corrected. Let me rephrase my last post for you...

"we have accumulated over 56 thousand Facebook fans, all of whom are avid readers of our articles."

That's great that they are all such avid readers. I notice that your most popular article at the moment only has a little over 8,000 hits though. Perhaps all your avid readers are still on their summer holidays.

Also, I wonder how many of those hits came from link-baiting on forums like Sherdog. See how this all just came full-circle again?
9/4/13 9:02 PM
Drugs_Delaney

Edited: 09/04/13 9:25 PM
wasnt that the miller article posted here, the worlds biggest and best mma forum, a few days ago? how many hits were from people here looking for the exclusive comments that they never received?

in all seriousness, we are a wretched hive of scum and villainy, you must be cautious.
9/4/13 9:17 PM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Mcgregor - 
Tomato Can - Seems like much ado about nothing. At the very least it doesn't lay out its case very well.

I also question how "talented" a writer your editor is, as he seems to be in need of an editor himself.

How so?

How so what? The article makes it look like the guy sent someone to bait Sherdog mods and the screenshot posted refers to earlier incidents that aren't shown, making it look like a distorted picture of the situation.

That, and it's just not very well written with some very awkward segments.
9/4/13 9:24 PM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ "your insults wreak of petulant behavior".

The word "wreak" means "cause" as in "wreak havoc" or "wreak destruction".

You are looking for the word "reek". But I'm sure you knew that being the accomplished and talented writer that you are.

Good lord what an epic backfire of a thread.
9/4/13 9:31 PM
Big Wes
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -

Not only was it poorly written, the owner of a legitimate news site would never write a weird culty editorial about some dust up with moderators on a stupid internet forum.  This MMA culture is full of goofballs masquerading as media, conducting an interview here and there like it's some valuable exercise that requires anything more than a connection and a keyboard.  It's rare to see true journalism in connection with this sport - truly intelligent and dignified investigative work that takes actual work to produce.  So much sloppy nonsense out there it's just embarassing.

This...

VU Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 9:35 PM
the_fight_observer
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enjoy your 15 minutes of infamy on the UG scifighting, because your crappy attitude and website are about to sink back to irrelevance. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 9:39 PM
William Colosimo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based on what I've read here- if Scifighting was a magazine, I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.
9/4/13 9:46 PM
Ocean6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does publication still mean "printed media" like it used to?
9/4/13 9:49 PM
Vulva Fabulous
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear to God if SciFighting didn't pay for a business account, I'd swear that one of you clever fuckers were trolling. Never in a million years would I think that the editor would come here and start arguments with members, brag about how much money he makes writing, then have spelling errors and come off so douchey, yet claim how popular they are only to make excuse after excuse for their mistakes....here on one of the largest MMA forums around. He claims that Sherdog has is out for them, I'm sure the next article will be about how the UG is nothing but a bunch of know nothing hacks. Phone Post
9/4/13 9:51 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMO News, Honcho
Show the like stats which include the dates too. I bet you'll see a large jump on several particular dates from fake likes. Phone Post
9/4/13 9:53 PM
BurlyMayes
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In early.
9/4/13 9:55 PM
William Colosimo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ocean6 - does publication still mean "printed media" like it used to?

Not for this thread's purposes, as the business in question is a website
9/4/13 10:01 PM
FOTN

I'm over it. People can reach their own conclusions from what's already been posted.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.