UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Article written by my publication blasting Sherdog

9/4/13 10:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting -
SciFighting - 
Big Wes - 
2JupitersTooMany -

Not only was it poorly written, the owner of a legitimate news site would never write a weird culty editorial about some dust up with moderators on a stupid internet forum.  This MMA culture is full of goofballs masquerading as media, conducting an interview here and there like it's some valuable exercise that requires anything more than a connection and a keyboard.  It's rare to see true journalism in connection with this sport - truly intelligent and dignified investigative work that takes actual work to produce.  So much sloppy nonsense out there it's just embarassing.

This...

VU Phone Post 3.0

I have to take responsibility for what my employees do but in all fairness I never asked for this thread to be created.  lol

Look guys we all make spelling mistakes, grammatical errors... Christ the best writers out there need a good editor to proof... and we catch each others mistakes... this is a forum... it's casual... right?

I honeslty don't take any of this stuff personally it's all in good fun and sport... and I know you guys are putting both some good arguments on the table and some funny commentary.

So seriously... future forward... let's have some good arguments about MMA :)

I will be subjecting adam to a serious beating (j/k) shortly for his egregious error lol  (fuck me if I spelled egregious incorrectly) 

:)

Actually no man... I wasn't bragging about shit... I was responding to claims that we are illegitemate.  And the only reason I got involved is because something happened that was not supposed to.  The editorial on what our FANS have experienced on Sherdog was meant for our fans.  We have not marketed it outside of our social networks.

I have no interest in bashing this site nor you for claiming that I am douchy.  You can keep all the insults you want coming and nitpick at spelling errors on the fly.  It rolls off like water....

But I am really saddened that a community that I have such esteem for is resorting to this sort of exchange.  I created SciFighting to discuss the less known scientific facts and facets of training in mixed martial arts and other combat sports.  Not to bash our colleagues in the industry.  Even in the article I wrote I mention that I have no problem with Sherdog itself, just the forum moderators for treating our fans and employees with such prejudice.

Now yeah I will admit I was heated when I saw the argument on here for several reasons and I responded passionately.  I'm a human being, just like all of you... flawed... So let's just put an end to this damn discussion and move on.

I assume this was meant for me so I'll reply.

I understand everybody gets heated, but you should know that you will be held to a higher standard. I can see losing it in your 1st post, but after that, maybe taking a step back and slowing down instead of feeding the fire, know what I mean?

Take a page out of MManiacal's book. Look at his reply. I don't hold grudges so I'm willing to give you a chance. Best of luck. Sincere apologies go a long way here. Phone Post
9/4/13 10:10 PM
OprahsFudgeDungeon
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

Vote up Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:25 PM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There you go. Chalk it up to 1st post jitters. You came out swinging, you lost, but you learned. To be honest, I'm sure you'll catch shit for a few days still, but once you start contributing here, all will be forgotten. Others have come off bad to start here before and came out ok. Phone Post
9/4/13 10:27 PM
Vulva Fabulous

UGCTT_WarHunt - I am also an amateur writer, mainly of fantasy, my grammar is fairly poor but, hey, that's what an editor is for, amirite?

anyway, when swim pirates every ufc event and laughs and emails dana to tell him,

its acceptable b/c swim doesn't make any money off it. and dana is a bald tard that if he wouldn't have tried to prosecute swim with his anti-swim rhetoric, swim would still be purchasing his content.

BUT YOU SCUM OF THE FUCKING EARTH, HOW DARE YOU STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S SHIT AND MAKE AD REVENUE OFF OF IT. VILE RODENT, YOU MAKE ME GUFFAW AT YOUR MISERABLE WRITING AND YOUR BRAVADO WHEN YOU FUCKING SUCK AT WRITING AND ANY FIRST YEAR WOULD MOCK YOU.

good day
SWIM?

Ahh yes, I see you know your drug forums well. Phone Post
9/4/13 10:28 PM
Vulva Fabulous

Vulva Fabulous -
UGCTT_WarHunt - I am also an amateur writer, mainly of fantasy, my grammar is fairly poor but, hey, that's what an editor is for, amirite?

anyway, when swim pirates every ufc event and laughs and emails dana to tell him,

its acceptable b/c swim doesn't make any money off it. and dana is a bald tard that if he wouldn't have tried to prosecute swim with his anti-swim rhetoric, swim would still be purchasing his content.

BUT YOU SCUM OF THE FUCKING EARTH, HOW DARE YOU STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S SHIT AND MAKE AD REVENUE OFF OF IT. VILE RODENT, YOU MAKE ME GUFFAW AT YOUR MISERABLE WRITING AND YOUR BRAVADO WHEN YOU FUCKING SUCK AT WRITING AND ANY FIRST YEAR WOULD MOCK YOU.

good day
SWIM?

Ahh yes, I see you know your drug forums well. Phone Post
Oh, btw, this was a joke. Check out the with the old aussie getting arrested with class thread vid on the OG. :) Phone Post
9/4/13 10:33 PM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe I just read a entire thread about a braggart business owner/writer pisses off two different forums that he is spamming for hits.

Better luck next time. Here is a small piece of advice. If the OP asks the mods nicely, this whole thread can disappear very quickly. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:34 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My eyes are burning Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:34 PM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 

"The only thing we post to other sites, is exclusive content. As in, quotes I went out and got from fighters myself. That is how forums work. You see it everyday, somebody finds something elsewhere that is not found on the site the forum is hosted on, so they post the link. Thats how you learn about the sport."

If someone not associated with your website posts a link that's one thing but what this guy is doing is spam. There's nothing wrong with posting links to your work (see Jack Slack for example) but you need to be upfront about your association with the link you're posting.

the guy with the horrendously douchey facial hair and his friend that looks like seth macfarlane spam their program every single week on sherdog and here without any issue.

9/4/13 10:40 PM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thread. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:42 PM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting -
Sugarfoot - Can't believe I just read a entire thread about a braggart business owner/writer pisses off two different forums that he is spamming for hits.

Better luck next time. Here is a small piece of advice. If the OP asks the mods nicely, this whole thread can disappear very quickly. Phone Post 3.0

The request was already made a few hours ago.  I am just trying to do some damage control here.

Like I said, this was not something I asked to be cross posted and all of the articles that had been shared were done so by excited authors or fans.  I have never spammed a forum with links back to my site.

I've been on the internet since before the web existed (the days of shell access, IRC, FTP and Gopher), please trust that I know and respect online etiquette.

No offense, but you should take a break from posting on this thread. That would be damage control. Let the thread die man, let it die. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:42 PM
Drugs_Delaney
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just put up good articles and youll have a few hecklers to remind you of this while reading said articles.
9/4/13 10:45 PM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting -
Sugarfoot - Can't believe I just read a entire thread about a braggart business owner/writer pisses off two different forums that he is spamming for hits.

The request was already made a few hours ago.  I am just trying to do some damage control here.

Like I said, this was not something I asked to be cross posted and all of the articles that had been shared were done so by excited authors or fans.  I have never spammed a forum with links back to my site.

I've been on the internet since before the web existed (the days of shell access, IRC, FTP and Gopher), please trust that I know and respect online etiquette.

I'm happy that my UGer brothers call people out on shit like this though. I'm sure you can appreciate it too.

you seem like a decent enough dude to not douche up the industry. Good luck with your site. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/13 10:45 PM
DonFreedomFrye
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot - 
SciFighting -

No offense, but you should take a break from posting on this thread. That would be damage control. Let the thread die man, let it die. Phone Post 3.0

Luca and his blowhard posts are the reason I will never look at his site.
9/4/13 10:48 PM
JimmersonzGlove
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You requested to have the thread deleted? So much for your thick skin. Phone Post
9/4/13 11:56 PM
dakotajudo
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting - 
SciFighting - 
Big Wes - 
2JupitersTooMany -

Not only was it poorly written, the owner of a legitimate news site would never write a weird culty editorial about some dust up with moderators on a stupid internet forum.  This MMA culture is full of goofballs masquerading as media, conducting an interview here and there like it's some valuable exercise that requires anything more than a connection and a keyboard.  It's rare to see true journalism in connection with this sport - truly intelligent and dignified investigative work that takes actual work to produce.  So much sloppy nonsense out there it's just embarassing.

This...

VU Phone Post 3.0

I have to take responsibility for what my employees do but in all fairness I never asked for this thread to be created.  lol

Look guys we all make spelling mistakes, grammatical errors... Christ the best writers out there need a good editor to proof... and we catch each others mistakes... this is a forum... it's casual... right?

I honeslty don't take any of this stuff personally it's all in good fun and sport... and I know you guys are putting both some good arguments on the table and some funny commentary.

So seriously... future forward... let's have some good arguments about MMA :)

I will be subjecting adam to a serious beating (j/k) shortly for his egregious error lol  (fuck me if I spelled egregious incorrectly) 

:)

Actually no man... I wasn't bragging about shit... I was responding to claims that we are illegitemate.  And the only reason I got involved is because something happened that was not supposed to.  The editorial on what our FANS have experienced on Sherdog was meant for our fans.  We have not marketed it outside of our social networks.

I have no interest in bashing this site nor you for claiming that I am douchy.  You can keep all the insults you want coming and nitpick at spelling errors on the fly.  It rolls off like water....

But I am really saddened that a community that I have such esteem for is resorting to this sort of exchange.  I created SciFighting to discuss the less known scientific facts and facets of training in mixed martial arts and other combat sports.  Not to bash our colleagues in the industry.  Even in the article I wrote I mention that I have no problem with Sherdog itself, just the forum moderators for treating our fans and employees with such prejudice.

Now yeah I will admit I was heated when I saw the argument on here for several reasons and I responded passionately.  I'm a human being, just like all of you... flawed... So let's just put an end to this damn discussion and move on.

I saw that bit about "scientific facts", so I investigated a bit.

What I found on your site was gong-show, not science.

Just a couple joice tidbit, from http://www.scifighting.com/editorial-trt-controversy-or-misunderstanding/

"However, in the same way Asprin can be used to allow blood to move more freely throughout the body and enable a slight increase in oxygenation, transportation of nutrients and other factors which would reasonably enhance the performance of an individuals ‘natural’ biological state. "

Aspirin does almost nothing to allow blood to move more freely through the body - that sounds like a misunderstanding of the term "blood thinner". In this case, blood thinner refers to an agent the inhibits coagulation, in this case by inihibiing platelet aggregation (as opposed to, say, coumarins, which inhibit enzymes in the coagulation cascade. 

This should contrasted with the role of EPO (briefly mentioned in the article), which increases oxygenation by acting as a blood-*thickener*. EPO increases the number of red blood cells (via the process ErythroPOesis). This has had adverse effects : http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2004/feb/16/cycling.cycling1

Which leads to another obvious error:

"In short, we need to rethink our position on TRT as well as other EPOs."

Obviously, TRT is not an EPO, it's a different class of hormone. Sloppy work.

One more.

"Creatine and Hydrolized Whey (as well as Microfiltered Whey) are dietary supplements used by both casual athletes and body builders to supplement the body’s need for water retention and protein for muscle recovery and growth. "

A side effect of creatine is water retention, but not the primary effect; it doesn address a *need* for water retention. Please review the basics of bioenergetics before making any more such statements.

Anyway, it seemed the furor had died down, so I thought to not post on this. It's crap science, but there's a lot of crap science out there.

But then, I read another link, and I remembered this quote:

"We DO NOT intentionally violate copyright."

See, on this page, http://www.scifighting.com/human-hands-evolved-for-punching/, with the byline "by Luca Rajabi - Dec 20, 2012", I noticed some embedded links, i.e. "NEWS: First Human Ancestor Looked Like a Squirrel", that had nothing to do with the article itself. 

That's because that page appears to have been quoted, verbatim, from http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/human-hands-evolved-for-punching-121219.htm

with the byline "DEC 20, 2012 02:22 AM ET // BY JENNIFER VIEGAS"

May not be copyright violation, but that is plagiarism, and just plain wrong.

Sure, you do have a link at the bottom, to the original article.

Right above the box with AUTHOR : Luca Rajabi

That, and the byline, is that sloppy work or intentionally misleading?

Source, in science, means something you read, digested then rewrote using your own words. Not something you copied.

9/5/13 12:11 AM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Mcgregor - 
Kings21 - subbed for later.

There wont be a later if we dont talk about it lol

I came back for you brother!

I had places to go earlier, thus I subbed the thread so I could check it out later. So far it looks as though the internet is still here.
9/5/13 12:15 AM
Mighty Cthulhu
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long story short, TS hoped Sherdog would tolerate his attempts to hype his shitty attention-whore website.

Sherdog kicks his self-promo ass off the forums.

Attention whore tries to use this to cry up some more attention for his pathetic website.

"The End."
9/5/13 12:27 AM
Kings21

Ok, having read your article on your site I can only conclude the obvious: You're an attention whore and Sherdog has the right to ban anyone they want and Sherdog's forums suck.

Your whining article just comes off as someone who signed up for a chat forum with the sole intention of hyping up their own site and then getting mad when the mods and other posters dont respond in a favorable fashion.

The worst part is that OP signs up on a DIFFERENT (and some would say, rival) chat forum to link the above mentioned article in what can only be viewed as the adult equivalent of a childhood tattle tale at the neighborhood playground because some other boy took his tonka truck.

In closing I will just say, fuck you and your site.
9/5/13 12:44 AM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting - 
FOTN - "I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half."

...and that's a response I can't respect.

Also, 56,000 facebook fans is not that big of a deal in this day and age where people regularly buy "fans". Interesting that you managed to amass this many "fans" since February though while Bloodyelbow.com for instance has less than 15,000 and MMAjunkie about 19,000 after years of being two of the top sites in the business.

And your talking BS about not needing the forum link hits.

It's called GOOD MARKETING lol   

I don't "buy" likes.  I have very good marketing and have been doing it for Fortune 500 companies for years.  Infact much of the social technologies like facebook, instagram and such were developed in labs like those I worked in over a decade ago.  Now go troll for bullshit somewhere else.  We at SciFighting have nothing to hide.

So you have 50,000+ FB fans, an Alexa ranking in the 600,000s, and you're claiming you don't buy social reach on Fiverr?

Sure...pretty much the kind of bs you'd expect from a guy who thinks Facebook was developed in a "lab".
9/5/13 12:46 AM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I don't think I've seen a whole website self destruct that fast. It's unfortunate that this site is going to kill this thread eventually given scifighting has been exposed for plagiarism on numerous occasions.
9/5/13 12:47 AM
JCON
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have the link where the editor picked every fight wrong? It was around ufc 70 ish I wanna say Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 12:56 AM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Hey if you have nothing to hide, why are you asking for this thread to be deleted? Just a thought.
9/5/13 12:59 AM
teamquestnorth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell is going on in here Phone Post
9/5/13 1:03 AM
Vulva Fabulous

SciFighting -
Kings21 - 
Adam Mcgregor - 
Kings21 - subbed for later.

There wont be a later if we dont talk about it lol

I came back for you brother!

I had places to go earlier, thus I subbed the thread so I could check it out later. So far it looks as though the internet is still here.

First "supplement" 

sup·ple·ment
noun

?s?pl?m?nt/
  1. 1.
    something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.

DOES Not = "replace" 

2nd "EPOs" was a typo... good christ... thanks for catching it..  changed to PEDs

3rd http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-aspirin-therapy/HB00073

How can aspirin prevent a heart attack?

Aspirin interferes with your blood's clotting action. When you bleed, your blood's clotting cells, called platelets, build up at the site of your wound. The platelets help form a plug that seals the opening in your blood vessel to stop bleeding.

But this clotting can also happen within the vessels that supply your heart with blood. If your blood vessels are already narrowed from atherosclerosis — the buildup of fatty deposits in your arteries — a fatty deposit in your vessel lining can burst. Then, a blood clot can quickly form and block the artery. This prevents blood flow to the heart and causes a heart attack. Aspirin therapy reduces the clumping action of platelets — possibly preventing a heart attack.

Now go read a book, do something productive with your life.  Oh and when you've researched disease and illness or studied medicine or physics and chemistry, when you have a degree and some credentials behind you, come back and argue.  Don't bother quoting other sources.  My knowledge comes from experience and research.  Where does yours come from?

Sci? Buddy....is it ok if I call you buddy? Come on now, we just talked about getting too defensive on here. Remember? You know, the "held to higher standard" stuff we talked about? I'm telling you, let it go for now and it will pass...lay off the gas and hit the brakes, pull over and hit the rest stop. This isn't a battle you can win in the manner you are trying to fight it.

Look at Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte. Both cheated, one owned up, apologized and played nice while the other didn't....and even though Clemens is far and away the better pitcher, he's despised where Pettitte was forgiven and is loved again. Phone Post
9/5/13 1:05 AM
teamquestnorth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read through the whole thread at a pretty fast clip. I now have a minor dull headache and im now in kind of a bad mood. I dont even know why. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.