UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Article written by my publication blasting Sherdog

9/5/13 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting - 
Kings21 - 
Adam Mcgregor - 
Kings21 - subbed for later.

There wont be a later if we dont talk about it lol

I came back for you brother!

I had places to go earlier, thus I subbed the thread so I could check it out later. So far it looks as though the internet is still here.

First "supplement" 

sup·ple·ment
noun

?s?pl?m?nt/
  1. 1.
    something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.

DOES Not = "replace" 

2nd "EPOs" was a typo... good christ... thanks for catching it..  changed to PEDs

3rd http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-aspirin-therapy/HB00073

How can aspirin prevent a heart attack?

Aspirin interferes with your blood's clotting action. When you bleed, your blood's clotting cells, called platelets, build up at the site of your wound. The platelets help form a plug that seals the opening in your blood vessel to stop bleeding.

But this clotting can also happen within the vessels that supply your heart with blood. If your blood vessels are already narrowed from atherosclerosis — the buildup of fatty deposits in your arteries — a fatty deposit in your vessel lining can burst. Then, a blood clot can quickly form and block the artery. This prevents blood flow to the heart and causes a heart attack. Aspirin therapy reduces the clumping action of platelets — possibly preventing a heart attack.

Now go read a book, do something productive with your life.  Oh and when you've researched disease and illness or studied medicine or physics and chemistry, when you have a degree and some credentials behind you, come back and argue.  Don't bother quoting other sources.  My knowledge comes from experience and research.  Where does yours come from?

Wrong quote, dingleberry. Maybe you should step away from the computer for a while.
9/5/13 1:15 AM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -

This is the same site that was on here days ago fishing for views, advertising that it had brilliantly secured the first public statement from Mayhem Miller at his court appearance, and his statement was, paraphrasing, "I'm not giving a statement, leave me alone." 

Ah, those clowns. Thread backfire, I predict.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 1:16 AM
time traveling 12er
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 
SciFighting - 
Kings21 - 
Adam Mcgregor - 
Kings21 - subbed for later.

There wont be a later if we dont talk about it lol

I came back for you brother!

I had places to go earlier, thus I subbed the thread so I could check it out later. So far it looks as though the internet is still here.

First "supplement" 

sup·ple·ment
noun

?s?pl?m?nt/
  1. 1.
    something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.

DOES Not = "replace" 

2nd "EPOs" was a typo... good christ... thanks for catching it..  changed to PEDs

3rd http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-aspirin-therapy/HB00073

How can aspirin prevent a heart attack?

Aspirin interferes with your blood's clotting action. When you bleed, your blood's clotting cells, called platelets, build up at the site of your wound. The platelets help form a plug that seals the opening in your blood vessel to stop bleeding.

But this clotting can also happen within the vessels that supply your heart with blood. If your blood vessels are already narrowed from atherosclerosis — the buildup of fatty deposits in your arteries — a fatty deposit in your vessel lining can burst. Then, a blood clot can quickly form and block the artery. This prevents blood flow to the heart and causes a heart attack. Aspirin therapy reduces the clumping action of platelets — possibly preventing a heart attack.

Now go read a book, do something productive with your life.  Oh and when you've researched disease and illness or studied medicine or physics and chemistry, when you have a degree and some credentials behind you, come back and argue.  Don't bother quoting other sources.  My knowledge comes from experience and research.  Where does yours come from?

Wrong quote, dingleberry. Maybe you should step away from the computer for a while.

Dingleberry!? How dare you!? Don't you know he's been quoting for fortune 600 corporations!? Look at his web ratings and the likes he gets! His twitter profile is being followed by Carrot Top. Fuck you internet nerds. He's to rich and awesome to give a shit! Everyone makes mistakes bro. Everyone also continues to make mistakes and digs bigger holes for themselves till they have to ask for the thread to be deleted. How dare you.
9/5/13 1:32 AM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^The only one that can let it die is you, muh man.
9/5/13 1:33 AM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting - 
thembones - 
SciFighting - 
FOTN - "I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half."

...and that's a response I can't respect.

Also, 56,000 facebook fans is not that big of a deal in this day and age where people regularly buy "fans". Interesting that you managed to amass this many "fans" since February though while Bloodyelbow.com for instance has less than 15,000 and MMAjunkie about 19,000 after years of being two of the top sites in the business.

And your talking BS about not needing the forum link hits.

It's called GOOD MARKETING lol   

I don't "buy" likes.  I have very good marketing and have been doing it for Fortune 500 companies for years.  Infact much of the social technologies like facebook, instagram and such were developed in labs like those I worked in over a decade ago.  Now go troll for bullshit somewhere else.  We at SciFighting have nothing to hide.

So you have 50,000+ FB fans, an Alexa ranking in the 600,000s, and you're claiming you don't buy social reach on Fiverr?

Sure...pretty much the kind of bs you'd expect from a guy who thinks Facebook was developed in a "lab".

Go to the FaceBook page and see for your self.... LOL

Do you know how much typical Ad spend is on Facebook?  Do you even use Facebook?  If you do you've probably seen an ad or two for our publication.

It's what legitimate businesses do.  And your Alexa rating doesn't change so quickly.

WE LAUNCHED IN FEBRUARY!!!  On FEBRUARY 13th of 2013 we started our first ad campaign.  And we do not use BS like 5er.... that's exactly the sort of bullshit tactics that sites who farm for resources from the philipines or india (no offense to either country) for cheap likes, usually populated by fake profiles.  They don't generate any activity.  

Look at the page activity.  You CAN"T HAVE 8 to 10 thousand active conversations on Facebook with 5ver bought likes.... good lord....  you are all just hating for no freaking reason.  

And the biggest joke is this is continuously driving traffic to my site.

Mods PLEASE SHUT DOWN THIS RIDICULOUS THREAD!!! - I don't need or want the traffic from this community.  Not in this form that's for damn sure.

O RLY? Here's a screenshot of you buying Tweets on Fiverr that I dug up from the Google Cache:

Would a Blue be so kind?
http://i.imgur.com/8bLjyu3.png

This thread is only ridiculous because its full of your bullshit and ego. Hope the mods don't let you off so easy by shutting down the thread.
9/5/13 1:35 AM
Ramy Daoud
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 1:36 AM
teamquestnorth

TTT Phone Post
9/5/13 1:36 AM
Richard Tuck
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SciFighting -

Vulva Fabulous,

You're a good person and you may call me buddy any time.  Please understand I am furious.  I have been checking the site stats and people keep coming over to our site from here to look at that article.  It was never meant to be published here.  Or on any forum.  I'm furious with my staff writer for posting this here without my counsel and quite frankly for the amount of work I have put into growing this publication... my own time, my own money, to have people criticize work that I honestly put my heart into is a tough pill to swallow.... frankly I don't want any part of it.

I started the Science of Fighting not to be just a publicaton that rehashes news but the ultimate goal is to broaden health and fitness education as I myself have had to literally "fight" for my health.  It's something I am proud of and I stand by and I do not find it very honorable for people to trash and nitpick at every damn thing on the site glazing over every good element just to troll.

One of my employees for example is a former Army Airborne Infantry seargent who served two tours in Afghanistan.  He suffers from PTSD and has been writing a series of articles educating people on the matter.  They are scientific in nature, related to combat and so I endorse the publication.  Most of our fans are MMA based but because I believe in helping people and educating them on matters of health so they can fight for a good cause I paid good money to promote those articles on FaceBook.  They were targeted only at those who were interested in Military services of some sort (US Navy, Army, Marines etc.).  I didn't even spam my own Fans on Facebook with information that I knew they weren't there to read.  I did this not to make money, there is no real money in publishing.... at least not in the first few years.  I did it because I believe in it.

So all these people who don't know me from Adam... who think I am some sort of trolling bastard looking for a few back links.... they have no IDEA who they are talking about.  It's sad and really kinda grinds my gears to a halt...  I'll get over it but in the mean time...

I've written to the staff to ask they remove this thread.  As I have said before I do not like using forums to link back to my publication.  It's a cheese ball practice that results in a very very limited gain for a big loss on the back end. Google see's right through those sorts of backlinks and it does my business no good and just fosters animosity from others.

As stated in the Rules of Engagement on my publication's FaceBook page, keep the fighting in the ring.  We ban people who get into flame wars or use any racial, or profane language there.

Finally the article on Sherdog that has everyone up in arms was solely about them banning people who "mention" our name.  Not even linking anywhere.  They have every right to delete a thread or ban a user for spamming their forums... but banning people without warning for saying SciFighting is a bit beyond what I would consider kosher business.

Sorry for such a long post but I just would really appreciate if people would let this damn thread die and stop hitting the link.  It's for fans of our site who go to Sherdog and that is ALL.

Thanks again,

Luca

I don't know why people here can't just let threads die ...

But no, they'll just keep bumping it again and again. Phone Post
9/5/13 1:37 AM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and Alexa rankings take a few days to shift. Not months. You'd know that if you actually had 50,000 FB fans.
9/5/13 1:39 AM
Kings21

ttt
9/5/13 1:41 AM
teamquestnorth

Thread never die Phone Post
9/5/13 1:43 AM
Drugs_Delaney
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thembones - http://i.imgur.com/8bLjyu3.png

lolwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?
9/5/13 1:47 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer
SciFighting - 

MMA Underground Forum Members,

I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.  

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half.

That being said.  We DO NOT intentionally violate copyright. If there are images that have a copyright and we do not ahere to the fair use policy then we will gladly replace them with other.  We've never received a complaint from anyone.

Further to that point, we spend a great deal of time performing investigative journalism that generates original content.

The fact that we even got a quote from Mayhem Miller, oh and by the way we had plenty of OFF THE RECORD conversation with him.  We could have quoted him on a plethora of things he said in the courtroom to fellow defentants or to us "OFF THE RECORD", however because we have journalistic integrity we do NOT violate the requests of an individual whom we wish to get a statement from.

For all his antics, he was rather polite and personable once the intensity of the matter wore off.  Now that all being said, the practices of Sherdog banning individuals for spamming an article are of course well within their right.

The fact is they have been banning people for MENTIONING our name.  People with accounts who have been frequenting the site for years.  We never had any intention to SPAM their site, infact the last ban occured when someone simply was accused of being a fan of our site.  

Now as for statistics... let's look at the facts for a moment.  We have been around since February of this year.  In that time we have accumulated over 56 thousand Facebook fans, all of whom are avid readers of our articles and we hardly need to SPAM anyone's forums for additional hits.  We have plenty of marketing budget and have much more civilized approaches.

Adam's excitement for the success of his articles lead him to post links to forums he had frequented for years.  It was never on my request.  I was only informed of the banning matter days after the events occured. 

Now, any accusations you wish to make, bashing our publication, we welcome the criticism.  And any suggestions you have are taken into account.

For that matter, I had not asked Adam to post this article to this site.  We have only been promoting it to our existing fans to warn them of the risk of mentioning us in another forum like sherdog so that they do not get banned arbitrarily.

I hope you can understand the exuberance of a writer who is seeing some success and a desire to share his success with others.  If you cannot then you perhaps need to take a moment and think how you would feel in the same circumstances.

Oh and finally, I have taken your suggestion and purchased a 1 year professional membership to the forum.  Thank you for that suggestion, I honestly had no idea the option existed.

For the record, we enjoy the discussions here and the articles posted on the main site.  If ever we source information we reference the source.  If ever that is not done it is accidental and I strongly encourage anyone of you to let us know in the comments should it ever happen again.

Thanks for your time in reading this message!

Sincerely,

Luca Rajabi

President of SciFighting, LLC.

wreak: 

verb

1. 1.
    cause (a large amount of damage or harm).

"torrential rainstorms wreaked havoc yesterday"

reek:

v. reekedreek·ingreeks
v.intr.
1. To smoke, steam, or fume.
2. To be pervaded by something unpleasant: "This document ... reeks of self-pity and self-deception" (Christopher Hitchens).
3. To give off or become permeated with a strong unpleasant odor: "Grandma, who reeks of face powder and lilac water" (Garrison Keillor).
v.tr.
1. To emit or exude (smoke, for example).
2. To process or treat by exposing to the action of smoke.
n.
1. A strong offensive odor; a stench. See Synonyms at stench.
2. Vapor; steam.

9/5/13 1:57 AM
Wheels33

Lol at your pathetic website. You faggot.
9/5/13 1:58 AM
thembones

SciFighting - 
thembones - 
SciFighting - 
thembones - 
SciFighting - 
FOTN - "I am the "craptastic" editor, owner and president of SciFighting, LLC.

Your insults wreak of petulent behavior and had I not had a talent for writing I wouldn't be making the money I do running the businesses I do or having worked at top positions for fortune 500 companies for over a decade and a half."

...and that's a response I can't respect.

Also, 56,000 facebook fans is not that big of a deal in this day and age where people regularly buy "fans". Interesting that you managed to amass this many "fans" since February though while Bloodyelbow.com for instance has less than 15,000 and MMAjunkie about 19,000 after years of being two of the top sites in the business.

And your talking BS about not needing the forum link hits.

It's called GOOD MARKETING lol   

I don't "buy" likes.  I have very good marketing and have been doing it for Fortune 500 companies for years.  Infact much of the social technologies like facebook, instagram and such were developed in labs like those I worked in over a decade ago.  Now go troll for bullshit somewhere else.  We at SciFighting have nothing to hide.

So you have 50,000+ FB fans, an Alexa ranking in the 600,000s, and you're claiming you don't buy social reach on Fiverr?

Sure...pretty much the kind of bs you'd expect from a guy who thinks Facebook was developed in a "lab".

Go to the FaceBook page and see for your self.... LOL

Do you know how much typical Ad spend is on Facebook?  Do you even use Facebook?  If you do you've probably seen an ad or two for our publication.

It's what legitimate businesses do.  And your Alexa rating doesn't change so quickly.

WE LAUNCHED IN FEBRUARY!!!  On FEBRUARY 13th of 2013 we started our first ad campaign.  And we do not use BS like 5er.... that's exactly the sort of bullshit tactics that sites who farm for resources from the philipines or india (no offense to either country) for cheap likes, usually populated by fake profiles.  They don't generate any activity.  

Look at the page activity.  You CAN"T HAVE 8 to 10 thousand active conversations on Facebook with 5ver bought likes.... good lord....  you are all just hating for no freaking reason.  

And the biggest joke is this is continuously driving traffic to my site.

Mods PLEASE SHUT DOWN THIS RIDICULOUS THREAD!!! - I don't need or want the traffic from this community.  Not in this form that's for damn sure.

O RLY? Here's a screenshot of you buying Tweets on Fiverr that I dug up from the Google Cache:

Would a Blue be so kind?

This thread is only ridiculous because its full of your bullshit and ego. Hope the mods don't let you off so easy by shutting down the thread.

Twitter.... Facebook.... Twitter... Facebook.....  what's the fundamental difference?

Anyway... yeah I had a marketing manager who thought Fiverr would be a good idea 5 months ago.  He was let go after two weeks... His approach was popcorn marketing.  Even wanted us to have pop-over ads.  I was completely against it.  We got a temporary boost in worthless non-targeted twitter users... and then they disappeard after a few weeks...  

Start your own company... do it better.  Just stop.... the more you dig you aren't gonna find anything shady, anything wierd.... but I know this will fall on deaf ears... or dead eyes...  

Again like I said several times this thread was NOT created by me, it was NOT endorsed by me.... 

What my staff do on their own time is their issue, this was a major mishandling of affairs and I am not happy about it.  As I have stated time and again....

Now this time I am going to close this thread and walk away.

To those of you commenting on the photos and such, yes yes have fun, make MeMes  do what ever you want.

Even shit talk generates more interest in the site.  All you are doing is inadvertently driving more traffic to us.  How about you all do yourselves a favor and move on to a new topic.

Face it, you got called on your bullshit multiple times, and now you're just spinning more bullshit. The more people dig, the more bullshit they find.

Stop blaming your "employees" for the hole you're digging yourself. If you want the UG to move onto a different topic and stop digging into your shady shit, just stop posting.
9/5/13 1:58 AM
teamquestnorth

Lol GOTTEN TO Phone Post
9/5/13 1:59 AM
teamquestnorth

Lets bump this till it gets 100k views Phone Post
9/5/13 2:01 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's kind of bush league for a site trying to gain a foothold in the industry and foster a good reputation to be seen trashing a rival site, no matter the reason. If they do ya dirty, you suck it up and strive to do better. Your approach to the 'situation' just makes your site seem amateur and juvenile.

Also, the bragging on your accomplishments...ya might want to get a thesaurus and a basic guide to grammar and syntax, along with learning the basics of punctuation before ya start tooting that horn of yours. Nobody likes a braggart, and nobody likes a person that can't take constructive criticism without getting aggro about it.

I have no real issue with you or your site. I just call em like I see em.

Cheers.

9/5/13 2:03 AM
thembones

SciFighting - 
thembones - Oh, and Alexa rankings take a few days to shift. Not months. You'd know that if you actually had 50,000 FB fans.

You're right oh shit it's all a lie..  OMG  lol...  for christ's sake grow up.

Yes, that's what I've been trying to say...
9/5/13 2:03 AM
LTL
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warning - Meltdown in Progress.

Subbed.
9/5/13 2:04 AM
Crooklyn

Edited: 09/05/13 2:15 AM
SciFighting - 

I don't give a fuck anymore...

This is the point at the party where you apologize for your behavior and excuse yourself as gracefully as you can. Then you go and take a good hard look at how you can improve things and become better for your efforts. Success is the only way to really have the last laugh.

9/5/13 2:05 AM
Crooklyn

Edited: 09/05/13 2:14 AM
SciFighting - 
SciFighting - 
SciFighting - 

I will also give you fair warning, that business member or not, I will freeze your account if you continue spamming like a bratty child. That grey name doesn't give you carte blanche to act like a cooze.

9/5/13 2:06 AM
JimmersonzGlove
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How would you feel if your company paid to fly people all over the country/world to cover and photograph MMA events, and then some new site thinks they can just right click/save anything they want, upload them to their own server, then hide behind fair use. Ask one of the attorneys from one of your many successful companies what constitutes as fair use. I highly doubt they'd advise you to post a slide show of screen shots from a UFC PPV on your website.

9/5/13 2:08 AM
Drugs_Delaney
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blue name please

post the evidence so he can reply to the charges.

9/5/13 2:08 AM
time traveling 12er
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Full meltdown! Lol. I think he's hoping this will be deleted and forgotten if he melts-down hard enough.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.