UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Article written by my publication blasting Sherdog

9/5/13 8:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jweinberg
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

photo ScreenShot2013-09-05at82301AM_zps92b83b47.png

Worst paragraph EVA!

9/5/13 8:38 AM
Poindexter
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Second sentence of the article is a sentence fragment.

9/5/13 8:41 AM
Jweinberg
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit flows like an opiate addict on his porcelain enemy.

9/5/13 8:59 AM
F ah G
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Mcgregor - 
NYjojo - OP, that editorial was high school newspaper 'cafeteria food is gnarly' quality. Sherdog forum is a forum. There are probably links to articles from mmaweekly, bloodyelbow, bjpenn.com etc. on the first few pages of the zuffa forum right now.

Also, why you guys hate sherdog so often? Sherdog speaks highly of UG 9/10.

I'm sure Breen could have done a much better job huh?

lulz...

Isn't this "Luca" the bant ex-Sherdog mod?

9/5/13 9:08 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's also not believable that the OP made his first ever post to start this thread. He was likely sent to display the "President's" power of the pen in striking down Internet bullies, winning the favor of a competitor website. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:17 AM
Qannebiss
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll give them credit for inventing kamikaze marketing. I'm not sure how successful it'll be, but it's definitely innovative stuff.

Also, is this the first time that someone gets grief here for bashing Sherdog? If so, these guys are gods of groundbreaking posts. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:19 AM
F ah G
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba's Pinkslipped Butthole - 

hey peteythebeta, maddick, slonuf, kimble, ronwaaaaaaah, furry, bam, dickt nine and meathead

you're all a bunch of faggots

Reads like someone got their shit pushed in, many times...

9/5/13 9:20 AM
Qannebiss
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stupid app... Phone Post
9/5/13 9:20 AM
Sugarfoot
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh beautiful little baby jesus, he just posted an article about his meltdown. Seriously, just shut the fuck up already. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:21 AM
Qannebiss

Sugarfoot - Oh beautiful little baby jesus, he just posted an article about his meltdown. Seriously, just shut the fuck up already. Phone Post 3.0
It must be Shakespearean stuff. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:22 AM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad I needed to sleep. Crooklyn coming in this thread like a boss. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:22 AM
Sugarfoot
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know where to find it, someone copy and paste it. Do NOT give this guy a link to his site from here. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:28 AM
Drugs_Delaney
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOTN - 
Drugs_Delaney - blue name please

post the evidence so he can reply to the charges.

http://i.imgur.com/8bLjyu3.png

You are a scholar and a gentleman, good sir! I knew when I called him out on the FB likes thing that he was full of BS, but I didn't realize it'd be possible to provide 100% proof that'd force him to admit something that he'd just categorically denied an hour earlier. Brilliant!

Sad in a way that his posts have been deleted as new people reading this might not get the full perspective of just how much BS this guy was spouting.

The funny thing is, I think when the author of the 'Mayhem' article gave a decent apology things were starting to die down, but then the owner came along and completely blew it with his arrogant attitude!

credit thembones for that. i just didnt want his work to get lost and forgotten as he posted it towards the end of a page.
9/5/13 9:28 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just when I thought I was out.

They pull me back in. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:30 AM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - The most pathetic thing about this goof is that he is "furious" at his staff writer, probably some casual fan he has lured in to contribute cheap content, for proudly posting his editorial in public, trying to publicize his stupid website. OP doesn't deserve a bad look from this guy. Phone Post 3.0
Lol I almost feel bad for the guy. I was in tears from this thread last night. Gonna vote him up when I get to a computer. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:30 AM
Drugs_Delaney
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot - Oh beautiful little baby jesus, he just posted an article about his meltdown. Seriously, just shut the fuck up already. Phone Post 3.0

almost had it, i said he would post something on facebook. didnt cross my mind he would post the butthurt on his site.
9/5/13 9:33 AM
Drugs_Delaney

Verbal Combat: The Impossible Victory
by Luca Rajabi - Sep 5, 2013

Over the past few days my staff and I have gotten into some online scuffles with fellow fans of MMA. It goes without saying that the world of MMA is filled with ego and posturing and when one isn’t present to flex their muscles or show their physical skills then the war of words begins. The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain is so magnetic that even the most confident individuals can be drawn into corners of doubt only to retort with half witted remarks that leave more of scar on their own ego than that of their opponent. The most challenging aspect of verbal combat is not the selection of words but rather the awareness that each utterance has a cost. The cost may not be so obvious as that of exhaustion when exerting ones self in a physical confrontation or bruising that results from strikes and blows. Rather it is a mental and emotional cost. One that sometimes cannot be quantified, qualified or even completely understood.

The irrational need for equilibrium with a verbal confrontation can lead even the most civilized individuals to acts of a base nature that doesn’t resemble even a reflection of their image from the surface of stormy sea. The twisting and bending of tongue takes its toll on mind and spirit leaving only a thin veil of success surrounding a chasm of defeat. It’s not the loss to another person but to one’s self. That is the conundrum that always precludes and prevails the act of verbal combat. Victory is an illusion, one based on the perception of the defeat of another’s ego. At what cost does the challenge meet a purpose?

When examined closely the war of words leaves only scars on the egos of the participants. The scars run so deep that often we cannot even relish in the success of our efforts, as the spoils of war are hidden beneath a venire that protects the ego from collapsing in on itself. And if it were to cave in, what would the result be? Death by mental breakdown? Suicide by shattered ego? The transformation of the civilized into the savage?

There is no angle that one can look upon such a confrontation and say “That was worth it.” More often than not, it never is, and likely will never be. And even if it seems so for the moment, that moment passes very quickly and we are left with simply one feeling. Embarrassment.

Thus the only reasonable conclusion is that to engage in the fight is to concede to the loss. One might believe that there is always a victory to be had, however the truth of the matter is that the war of words has only one way to win and that is not to fight at all.

Silence is the sound of defeat and victory and whom ever can bring that silence to bare first is the true victor in that war. As Sun Tzu is often quoted “The Supreme Art Of War is winning without fighting.”

There-fore the lesson here is to learn diplomacy, tact, patience and the most important skill of all, silence.
9/5/13 9:35 AM
Drugs_Delaney

Edited: 09/05/13 9:35 AM
there you go.

1-2-3-4, I declare a THREAD WAR!
9/5/13 9:35 AM
2JupitersTooMany

Reincarnated Little Carmine from the Sopranos.

You are at the precipice of an enormous crossroads. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:38 AM
Jweinberg

"Over the past few days my staff and I have gotten into some online scuffles with fellow fans of MMA. It goes without saying that the world of MMA is filled with ego and posturing and when one isn’t present to flex their muscles or show their physical skills then the war of words begins"

-YUCK

9/5/13 9:39 AM
2JupitersTooMany

"The extremely seductive nature of linguistic legerdemain"

Noun check, aisle 4 Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:39 AM
FOTN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A simply "I dun goofed" would have sufficed.
9/5/13 9:40 AM
Jason
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

holy hell, what did I miss last night?!?!

can someone summarize thread?

9/5/13 9:41 AM
Judo Scott
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im surprised you wrote an article that actually made me agree with Sherdog for once but you did. Congrats OP! Your sites power of persuasion is impressive
9/5/13 9:42 AM
2JupitersTooMany

I'm telling you, it's Little Carmine to a tee.

Or to a tea, if you will. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.