UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Here is my Evan Tanner 1short film. The truth

9/7/13 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm from Imperial County. It's a harsh place and that's a really inspiring story. Best of luck on your film. I'm sure the people of the Imperial Valley will be willing to help you guys make this powerful film. I can help get local martial artists for you guys, to put up fliers, donate, or any other thing you guys may need to make this happen.
9/7/13 2:02 AM
Cory Davis
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 2:08 AM
Bobby Razak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere can you email me please sir bobbyrazak@yahoo.com all donations appreciated.
9/7/13 2:12 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For sure. I'll personally donate what I can but if there's anything more I can do I'm up for it. Evan Tanner was such an amazing person. The dude was lots of heart.
9/7/13 10:14 AM
devilishstoner
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
9/7/13 10:56 AM
frederic
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4LATER Phone Post
9/7/13 2:34 PM
Bobby Razak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 thank you sir UG fOE LIFE
9/7/13 3:21 PM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff Bobby. Made my little tiny evil heart sad. You will get the money.

Rest in peace brother Evan. :(

9/7/13 3:30 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/13 3:36 PM
Bobby Razak, did you ever release the Gerald McClellan documentary? That one looked interesting. Great job on the Evan Tanner one.
9/7/13 3:54 PM
Bobby Razak

EvilMaster I hope so bro Im praying. I have to do this
9/7/13 3:55 PM
Bobby Razak

j-money I just finished it email me at bobbyrazak@yahoo.com will try to get you a private viewing via secure uplink
9/7/13 5:31 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evan was unbelievably particular about the words he used when he spoke or wrote and took a great amount of pride in anything associated with his name, especially 'BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF ONE' and the 'ONE' logo he designed. I doubt that he would appreciate the '1' title or 'ONE' tee being used as they are not his own. One of the only times I remember E getting pissed was when he was misquoted in an article that was published in a fight mag...

Having said that, I also know E urged me/others to not put anything negative into to the world so I will try to stay true to that. Good luck with the film.

Were you aware of any other narrative scripts being written about E when you began this project?
9/7/13 5:49 PM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ian is correct. Haven't watched it yet so I wasn't sure where the number 1 came into play. The hard part about anything having to do with Evan is ill have to take with a grain of salt the same way I took some of Once I Was A Champion. It's almost like comic book nerds that get all bent out of shape when the movie is nothing like the comic. Bottom line is people still remember Evan and I'm appreciative of anyone that does anything in his name.

9/7/13 6:19 PM
Bobby Razak

Golden Boy thank you bro I will do Evan proud
9/7/13 6:23 PM
Bobby Razak

xIanx in a nutshell I was the only media guy to ever go to Imperial county thats how much I wanted to search for the truth. To me thats insane that no one ever went to search for the truth. I knew a few people were working on some aspects of his life in screen form and that did not stop want I wanted to do. Which is why I went and did the 20 minute short. Im a closer my friend.
9/7/13 7:21 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/13 7:24 PM
edited to avoid negativity.
9/7/13 7:23 PM
goldenboyart
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very poignant and touching short Bobby. Will definitely be donating.

I became Evan's friend after he lost the belt. As much as you can be by email's a few dozen email's.

Evan was a smart man and in my heart of heart's I really think he didn't plan on making it back out of the desert. Maybe he didn't put a gun to his head and pull the trigger but I think he set himself up for failure with his decisions. There might have been a point at some time when he realized he didn't want to leave this world but by that time it was too late....

Even in his own blogs he said some very criptic stuff about how he might not make it out alive if one litttle aspect of his equipment failed but he was willing to take that chance. A pragmatic and smart person would have also brought a long a ton of water too. But that's just my opinion and that doesn't amount to much.

Either way it doesn't matter now and doesn't change my view of Evan. I considered him a friend and I think this film will be wonderful just based on the short and the excellent production value and it's in good hands with Bobby.

I think there's some Even in all of us. We all can achieve great things but if we let down our guard then our own demons can encompass us.

Good Luck and wish you allthe best Bobby.
9/7/13 7:30 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer

TTT. This film looks like it will be amazing, loved the short cut. Have donated.

9/7/13 8:17 PM
Pro Ice
1920 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rest in peace Evan Tanner

9/7/13 8:17 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer
Bobby Razak - Mmaattorney nothing will go to his family all will go towards a beautiful film honoring Evan. I'm not expecting much profit back I never made a dime on any of my flicks :) lol. Just want to do something beautiful on Evan that can be a final stamp. Thank you for your contribution sir. Phone Post 3.0

Totally understand and agree with this, but one provision that might be worth considering is along the lines of "if revenues exceed [X] amount, [X] percent of profits go Evan's family/interests."

That way supporters now are assured that if enough profits are made to cover everyone involved in the film's production, Evan's family will see something from it.

I really hope this film becomes commercially successful. The short shows the promise of a great niche film that gets at a universal subject everyone can identify with.

9/7/13 8:21 PM
Bobby Razak

goldenboyart thank you for the support
9/7/13 8:25 PM
Bobby Razak

MMAO All proceeds will go to towards the movie over or under at the moment it looks like I am far far away from hitting my mark. Its gonna take more the 150k to make this movie so IF it would go over I would have more to play with to make a beautiful film. I want this film to be a lasting legacy on Evan highlighting his strength and courage. Thank you for your donation.
9/7/13 8:26 PM
Bobby Razak

Heel Hooker by design. The truth will set you free. By showing the truth we honor Evan even more.
9/7/13 8:37 PM
MMAO

MMA Observer
Bobby Razak - MMAO All proceeds will go to towards the movie over or under at the moment it looks like I am far far away from hitting my mark. Its gonna take more the 150k to make this movie so IF it would go over I would have more to play with to make a beautiful film. I want this film to be a lasting legacy on Evan highlighting his strength and courage. Thank you for your donation.

I understand, all I meant (as a suggestion I was throwing out there as an idea, not a recommendation) is a provision to say "if it becomes a blockbuster and makes millions, Tanner's family will see some of it."

You are entitled to whatever profits you can get from your hard earned work, and I'll be looking forward to watching your future films after this one. I salute you for making this film.

No problem.

9/7/13 8:41 PM
MMAO

Edited: 09/07/13 8:42 PM
MMA Observer

And of course I'm not doubting you would give something to Tanner's family if the film became that successful (I'm sure you would). I only meant it as a way to encourage donations now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.