UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Here is my Evan Tanner 1short film. The truth

9/7/13 9:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pattitude
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So sad.
9/7/13 9:13 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/13 9:12 PM
MMAO - 
Bobby Razak - Mmaattorney nothing will go to his family all will go towards a beautiful film honoring Evan. I'm not expecting much profit back I never made a dime on any of my flicks :) lol. Just want to do something beautiful on Evan that can be a final stamp. Thank you for your contribution sir. Phone Post 3.0

Totally understand and agree with this, but one provision that might be worth considering is along the lines of "if revenues exceed [X] amount, [X] percent of profits go Evan's family/interests."

That way supporters now are assured that if enough profits are made to cover everyone involved in the film's production, Evan's family will see something from it.

I really hope this film becomes commercially successful. The short shows the promise of a great niche film that gets at a universal subject everyone can identify with.

That way supporters now are assured that if enough profits are made to cover everyone involved in the film's production, Evan's family will see something from it.

I didn't realize Evan had children. Makes it even more sad. How old are they?

Cindy

9/7/13 9:34 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer
CindyO - 
MMAO - 
Bobby Razak - Mmaattorney nothing will go to his family all will go towards a beautiful film honoring Evan. I'm not expecting much profit back I never made a dime on any of my flicks :) lol. Just want to do something beautiful on Evan that can be a final stamp. Thank you for your contribution sir. Phone Post 3.0

Totally understand and agree with this, but one provision that might be worth considering is along the lines of "if revenues exceed [X] amount, [X] percent of profits go Evan's family/interests."

I really hope this film becomes commercially successful. The short shows the promise of a great niche film that gets at a universal subject everyone can identify with.

Cindy

As far as I know Tanner didn't have children. Family and children don't mean the same thing.

Reading between the lines, if you perceived my post as some kind of attack, it was not. I love this film, and think it is coming from a great place morally and artistically, and should be supported and donated towards.

I was making a suggestion based on previous posters, who I perceived as wanting some kind of guarantee Tanner's family/interests would see some money if the film became very successful (in a "showing at cinemas across the country"), before donating themselves.

9/7/13 9:43 PM
Bobby Razak
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO to answer your question zero of the money being raised is going towards Evans family all money is going towards the movie. The overall budget Im looking for is 500k to a million. If by the long shot I do make money after paying back investors I will do something nice to preserve the memory of Evan. Thats a big IF though I have only raised $2400 and have 40 days to go on my campaign. Evan was not close to his family so to me I would rather do something nice to preserve his memory. How are you by the way? :)Im doing KRS10 LTF Campaign with Chris Weidman OCT
9/7/13 10:17 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer

Razak: I hope this film makes your hard work worth the cost in effort it has taken from you, and comes to serve as a reference piece for Tanner's legacy. I've just now watched that other one. Jesus. Like Michael Bay vs. Stanely Kubrick. THIS is a film.

9/7/13 10:36 PM
Golden Boy
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goldenboyart - Very poignant and touching short Bobby. Will definitely be donating.

I became Evan's friend after he lost the belt. As much as you can be by email's a few dozen email's.

Evan was a smart man and in my heart of heart's I really think he didn't plan on making it back out of the desert. Maybe he didn't put a gun to his head and pull the trigger but I think he set himself up for failure with his decisions. There might have been a point at some time when he realized he didn't want to leave this world but by that time it was too late....

Even in his own blogs he said some very criptic stuff about how he might not make it out alive if one litttle aspect of his equipment failed but he was willing to take that chance. A pragmatic and smart person would have also brought a long a ton of water too. But that's just my opinion and that doesn't amount to much.

Either way it doesn't matter now and doesn't change my view of Evan. I considered him a friend and I think this film will be wonderful just based on the short and the excellent production value and it's in good hands with Bobby.

I think there's some Even in all of us. We all can achieve great things but if we let down our guard then our own demons can encompass us.

Good Luck and wish you allthe best Bobby.

I think it's irresponsible to imply that your friend committed suicide. I knew our friend for the better part of a decade. Through the highest and lowest points of his life and can assure everyone he was not going into the desert to die.
9/7/13 11:57 PM
GiarcDrofwarc
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for posting sir. Great stuff. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 12:23 AM
Bobby Razak
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GiarcDrofwarc your welcome sir please check out evantannerfilm.com :)
9/8/13 12:51 AM
lurkingveteran
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Evan. Very sad Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 5:06 AM
Brian J DSouza

TTT

9/8/13 6:22 AM
HandyDarsh
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that was great but now im all sad and shit.. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 6:41 AM
BluesBrother
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later Phone Post
9/8/13 9:45 AM
Brown Skin Belt

100% Supporting your efforts Mr Bobby Razak. I will be backing and donating to the project!

RIP Evan Tanner

9/8/13 10:29 AM
cycklops
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was only able to watch the first 8 minutes or so and I don't know if it was addressed, but I have a few questions. The area where Evan passed away is where I work extensively. As an agency we do quite a few searches for missing persons in that area. We have a lot of resources at hand from choppers, to atv, to fixed wing, to K9's. I was working when ICSO came through. They knew that I did some sort of fighting and mentioned that they had a UFC fighter missing in the area. I asked who and was shocked to hear it was Evan. They really didn't have any information to pass on like a precise location, just that he was around the flat tops. 

I drove to the area with my dog and tried to search, but as you can see from the video it's literally a needle in a hay stack type thing. They had an idea where he was and still had trouble locating him.

To my knowledge there was no official call put in to Border Patrol about a missing person and request for assistance from ICSo or anyone else. Is that true? If so, why? I'm not implying we would have found him but I'm sure we could have assisted in some way and at least had more boots on the ground looking.

9/8/13 10:57 AM
cycklops
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

9/8/13 11:37 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later, thank you Bobby. Phone Post
9/8/13 12:13 PM
cycklops

ttt

Yes, well done vid Mr. Razak

9/8/13 2:04 PM
Bobby Razak

Brown Skin Belt thank you sir I appreciate that :)
9/8/13 2:08 PM
Bobby Razak

cycklops UGCTT_sakurabas ear thank you. Cycklops prob agency breakdown in communications, bureaucracy and red tape.
9/8/13 2:49 PM
cycklops

Bobby Razak - cycklops UGCTT_sakurabas ear thank you. Cycklops prob agency breakdown in communications, bureaucracy and red tape.

I think you're right though I have my opinions on this too. We seem to have continuous difficulties with their agency and I've never understood it. I get it on a small level, but on a level like this, with a person's life potentially on the line, it's petty, uncalled for, and ridiculous.

9/8/13 3:33 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just watched that again. And again i got chills. And I showed my mom. This is actually the first thing she's seen of yours!

I can't wait to see what you are going to do for the feature film. :) 

9/8/13 3:36 PM
Elhoffo
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 3:59 PM
SirHONKEY
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Gimp - What's up at 15:17 where the autopsy report says "AMPHETAMINES DETECTED"? I mean, they talk about there being no indications of alcohol in the system, and explain the levels there are normal post-mortem, but make no mention/explanation of the amphetamines detected -- like if it's a normal thing for the condition, like the alcohol-levels.
I was wondering the same thing. Saw that Phone Post
9/8/13 9:55 PM
Bobby Razak

Normal condition part of the process of dying like that. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 1:03 AM
CindyO

MMAO -
CindyO - 
MMAO - 

Cindy

As far as I know Tanner didn't have children. Family and children don't mean the same thing.

Reading between the lines, if you perceived my post as some kind of attack, it was not. I love this film, and think it is coming from a great place morally and artistically, and should be supported and donated towards.

I was making a suggestion based on previous posters, who I perceived as wanting some kind of guarantee Tanner's family/interests would see some money if the film became very successful (in a "showing at cinemas across the country"), before donating themselves.

Didn't take your post as any kind of attack. I did assume after reading your post that Evan must have had kids that I didn't know about since you think Bobby should give the family money from his film. Can't think of a single reason other than that that would justify it, TBH.

Just about everyone has family and I can't think of a single reason for them to profit from Bobby's work, can you?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.