UnderGround Forums >> Here is my Evan Tanner 1short film. The truth

9/9/13 1:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAO -
CindyO - 
MMAO - 
Bobby Razak - Mmaattorney nothing will go to his family all will go towards a beautiful film honoring Evan. I'm not expecting much profit back I never made a dime on any of my flicks :) lol. Just want to do something beautiful on Evan that can be a final stamp. Thank you for your contribution sir. Phone Post 3.0

Totally understand and agree with this, but one provision that might be worth considering is along the lines of "if revenues exceed [X] amount, [X] percent of profits go Evan's family/interests."

That way supporters now are assured that if enough profits are made to cover everyone involved in the film's production, Evan's family will see something from it.

I really hope this film becomes commercially successful. The short shows the promise of a great niche film that gets at a universal subject everyone can identify with.

That way supporters now are assured that if enough profits are made to cover everyone involved in the film's production, Evan's family will see something from it.

I didn't realize Evan had children. Makes it even more sad. How old are they?

Cindy

As far as I know Tanner didn't have children. Family and children don't mean the same thing.

Reading between the lines, if you perceived my post as some kind of attack, it was not. I love this film, and think it is coming from a great place morally and artistically, and should be supported and donated towards.

I was making a suggestion based on previous posters, who I perceived as wanting some kind of guarantee Tanner's family/interests would see some money if the film became very successful (in a "showing at cinemas across the country"), before donating themselves.

Didn't take your post as any kind of attack. I did assume after reading your post that Evan must have had kids that I didn't know about since you think Bobby should give the family money from his film. Can't think of a single reason other than that that would justify it, TBH.

Just about everyone has family and I can't think of a single reason for them to profit from Bobby's work, can you?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 1:05 AM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, it is SO SAD to see how close he was to the search, but with no luck. And also to see how he could've possibly called for help and possibly saved himself earlier. I was always a huge Evan Tanner fan. Such a sad story :(

This is really difficult to ask, as I REALLY don't want it to come across in any way disrespectful. I do NOT mean it in such a way. My question is: (I have not the time to read all the pages at this point) I watched the whole thing and was wondering how much money it is you're trying to collect? And with Punk Ass there asking with you, it just seems to me that Tapout is a HUGE company making quite a bit of cash. Have they helped? and if so I would hope they were able to donate quite a chunk. I do not know the financials of such things, but I know that the company makes A LOT of cash, and it would seem that they might be able to mostly finance the film.
9/9/13 1:06 AM
Bobby Razak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said Cindy. I agree 100 percent :) Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 1:09 AM
CindyO

Bobby Razak - CindyO to answer your question zero of the money being raised is going towards Evans family all money is going towards the movie. The overall budget Im looking for is 500k to a million. If by the long shot I do make money after paying back investors I will do something nice to preserve the memory of Evan. Thats a big IF though I have only raised $2400 and have 40 days to go on my campaign. Evan was not close to his family so to me I would rather do something nice to preserve his memory. How are you by the way? :)Im doing KRS10 LTF Campaign with Chris Weidman OCT
We're on the same page and I' doing really good, thanks.

So awesome to hear you're working with Fight To Live! Amazing charity with some amazing folks on board! I think they're going to do great things!

Best wishes in all that you do:) I know you work very hard and strive to put your best (and THE best) into everything you undertake and i hope you enjoy great success in the future.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 2:14 AM
Bobby Razak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLeod to put it frank Tapout don't give a fuck about Evan Tanner. Punkass likes movies and wants to help me but he is just a employer of ABG now. The Corporation don't care about Evan. We the people do. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 3:40 AM
TheFirstDragon

I must commend you on a great short film.

I was a fan of Evan Tanner from the beginning. His spirit in his fighting shined through.

I always thought that there was something very special and unique about him and his personality.

Very few human beings today can go out there and live truly.

Despite his problems, which we all have, and most keep hidden and will not admit, he persevered and lived the way he wanted to.

Life is short. Anything can happen to one on a daily basis.

Embrace your moments. Especially with the ones you care about and those that care for you.
9/9/13 11:17 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed

9/9/13 11:50 AM
LiveToFightInc
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live To Fight Inc., President/CEO
CindyO - 
Bobby Razak - CindyO to answer your question zero of the money being raised is going towards Evans family all money is going towards the movie. The overall budget Im looking for is 500k to a million. If by the long shot I do make money after paying back investors I will do something nice to preserve the memory of Evan. Thats a big IF though I have only raised $2400 and have 40 days to go on my campaign. Evan was not close to his family so to me I would rather do something nice to preserve his memory. How are you by the way? :)Im doing KRS10 LTF Campaign with Chris Weidman OCT
We're on the same page and I' doing really good, thanks.

So awesome to hear you're working with Fight To Live! Amazing charity with some amazing folks on board! I think they're going to do great things!

Best wishes in all that you do:) I know you work very hard and strive to put your best (and THE best) into everything you undertake and i hope you enjoy great success in the future.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Awe, thanks for the kind words Cindy! I can't wait to work with Bobby! We are doing a LTF campaign next month. Bobby is so talented and I'm really excited. 

How was your vacation? PM whenever you get a chance. Talk soon lady! 

Kristen :) 

9/9/13 2:11 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, what a bummer about Tapout. Yet another reason for me to not really like what they've become. :(
I'll see if there is anyway for me to help. It wouldn't be much though if I can. :(
9/9/13 10:56 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer
CindyO - 
MMAO -
CindyO - 
MMAO - 
Bobby Razak - Mmaattorney nothing will go to his family all will go towards a beautiful film honoring Evan. I'm not expecting much profit back I never made a dime on any of my flicks :) lol. Just want to do something beautiful on Evan that can be a final stamp. Thank you for your contribution sir. Phone Post 3.0

Totally understand and agree with this, but one provision that might be worth considering is along the lines of "if revenues exceed [X] amount, [X] percent of profits go Evan's family/interests."

I really hope this film becomes commercially successful. The short shows the promise of a great niche film that gets at a universal subject everyone can identify with.

I didn't realize Evan had children. Makes it even more sad. How old are they?

Cindy

As far as I know Tanner didn't have children. Family and children don't mean the same thing.

Reading between the lines, if you perceived my post as some kind of attack, it was not. I love this film, and think it is coming from a great place morally and artistically, and should be supported and donated towards.

I was making a suggestion based on previous posters, who I perceived as wanting some kind of guarantee Tanner's family/interests would see some money if the film became very successful (in a "showing at cinemas across the country"), before donating themselves.

Didn't take your post as any kind of attack. I did assume after reading your post that Evan must have had kids that I didn't know about since you think Bobby should give the family money from his film. Can't think of a single reason other than that that would justify it, TBH.

Just about everyone has family and I can't think of a single reason for them to profit from Bobby's work, can you?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Just saw this Cindy aftter I PM'ed you earlier.

To be clear, I don't think Razak has a moral obligation to give money to Tanner's family. My suggestion was a way to encourage donations from those who said they were reluctant to donate without assurance Tanner's family would see some of the money if the film became a hit.

To be honest I don't think this is necessary. The film continues his legacy, which to me is a massive contribution to Tanner's interests in itself.

9/9/13 11:09 PM
MMAO
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Observer
Bobby Razak - Well said Cindy. I agree 100 percent :) Phone Post 3.0

I also agree. I was making a suggestion which might increase donations. Sorry if I came across otherwise.

Do you have a tentative release date yet? I'll be marking it in my calendar.

9/9/13 11:36 PM
CindyO

*high fives MMAO*

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 11:40 PM
MMAO

MMA Observer
CindyO - *high fives MMAO*

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

*high fives*

9/9/13 11:48 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SirHONKEY -
Forrest Gimp - What's up at 15:17 where the autopsy report says "AMPHETAMINES DETECTED"? I mean, they talk about there being no indications of alcohol in the system, and explain the levels there are normal post-mortem, but make no mention/explanation of the amphetamines detected -- like if it's a normal thing for the condition, like the alcohol-levels.
I was wondering the same thing. Saw that Phone Post
Read the fucking thread. Jesus christ.. Phone Post
9/10/13 1:03 AM
Bobby Razak

Ha ha lol :) Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 1:28 AM
Deepy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 later. Phone Post
9/10/13 3:10 AM
supersonic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/13 3:15 AM
Good luck with the film. At first i Thought it was going to more Grizzly Man style but it seems you have different creative ideas to tell the story. I loved Grizzly Man for the record.<br /><br />Like others I find the circumstances interesting and i think a case can be made that the journey was like a suicide light so to speak. Where he created the margins to be so thin and the therefore the risks so high if evEn the slightest event can be the nail in the coffin<br /><br />It seems many of these life and death survival situations are like this. There is the moment. The fuck up. The storm. The equipment failure. The error or oversight <br /><br />The lack of water I find perplexing. It seems like this adventure wasn't thrown together in a few days. It was planned for in a general sense. How does the most critical element to his whole journey get so grossly overlooked ? The journey the way he went about it does have a suicidal vibe to it.<br /><br />Or, he just simply and ridiculously miscalculated and underestimated the desert
9/10/13 4:11 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some questions!

Is this 25 min film the finished movie?

Or are the donations you are after looking to expand this into a 90 min film?

If to make it longer, what more is there to add?

Why are Tapout not pre funding this as exec producers as you are clearly friends?

Do you have rights to any fight footage to pad out Evan and who he was to any member of the public unfamiliar with him or even MMA who finds this movie by chance?

(Harsh question but needs to be asked) Did you know Evan personally? While your film is clearly heartfelt and passionate and you are investing many months of your life into this project along with your own money i have to question how you feel potentially profiting on this story (IF THAT INDEED WERE TO HAPPEN) and how it is too much different to me printing up a bunch of "RIP Evan Tanner" t shirts and keeping all the money?

Thanks for your time and i enjoyed the film - those cops seemed really cut up over it and you captured that.

9/10/13 5:20 AM
Bobby Razak

The Mammoth dude read the damn thread lol . Also watch the 6 minute video after the film lol Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 11:58 AM
Ben Gardners boat
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched the first few minutes I'll watch the rest later. Always been interested by this tragedy and sad to see what happened to Evan. I would imagine its a common trait for mma fans and martial artists to be very self reliant in this way and be more inclined to but this is the sort of thing I could see myself doing. The whole getting away into the wilderness thing. Just goes to show how easy it is to fuck up. RIP. Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 1:49 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very powerful. Nice work.
9/10/13 1:57 PM
FightToLive
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG looking for money???? Punkass probably has 500 million bankroll Plus, Plus, Plus!
9/10/13 2:02 PM
FightToLive
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: McLeod 77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 1 day ago

First, it is SO SAD to see how close he was to the search, but with no luck. And also to see how he could've possibly called for help and possibly saved himself earlier. I was always a huge Evan Tanner fan. Such a sad story :(

This is really difficult to ask, as I REALLY don't want it to come across in any way disrespectful. I do NOT mean it in such a way. My question is: (I have not the time to read all the pages at this point) I watched the whole thing and was wondering how much money it is you're trying to collect? And with Punk Ass there asking with you, it just seems to me that Tapout is a HUGE company making quite a bit of cash. Have they helped? and if so I would hope they were able to donate quite a chunk. I do not know the financials of such things, but I know that the company makes A LOT of cash, and it would seem that they might be able to mostly finance the film.

VU................More then 200 million a year!
9/10/13 2:05 PM
jw18

ttt to 'believe in the power of one'

Mr. razak, please make this movie a reality!
9/10/13 2:29 PM
Ben Gardners boat
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$10 in. Not much I know but I'll be buying a copy when it's released. Great short film Bobby. Really sad. "I need help".. Fuck. Like everyone on here I'm sure I wish I could have been there for him. Vu mate. Great work.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.